• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

come on, you know what i meant.   I'm typing on a phone here.   Lower tier P5 team.  They might be middle tier but the point stands.   

They are a lower tier P5 team.  Maybe middle tier?  Hmm.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

come on, you know what i meant.   I'm typing on a phone here.   Lower tier P5 team.  They might be middle tier but the point stands.   

:roflmao:USCe is a Top Tier program in the Top Conference on the planet.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

I don't see it that way.   Top tier would be Alabama,  Texas,  Florida,  Oklahoma,  Oregon, ND, Michigan,  Ohio state,  USC to bake a few.  

SC has done well but they are not in that company.   

Those schools could have any coach they want and not settle for Floriads hand me downs. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

So lets hear it, or forever hold your piece. If we come out and fail miserably next year, is anybody going to come out, criticizing Harlan for pulling a Doug Woolard, and extending an unproven coach to a massive extension? Lets be honest here, while Taggart and USF have looked great for the second part of this season, we still haven't done anything yet. Any takers?

we are bowling

Some of you guys miss the bigger picture.   Someone came sniffing around looking to talk to our coach.   

Harlan doesn't dither,  he slaps on an extension.   He is being aggressive and stepping up.   That is what you have to do if you want to keep your coach from being poached from these middle tier p5  (but very deep pocketed) teams.

If you want to make it to the next level you have to step up like that.   It won't always work,  I know,  but you have to show you are willing to put up a fight. 

There,  i fixed it for you.   It didn't affect the point I was making a far as I  can tell but its a fun discussion if you want to continue.  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

I don't see it that way.   Top tier would be Alabama,  Texas,  Florida,  Oklahoma,  Oregon, ND, Michigan,  Ohio state,  USC to bake a few.  

SC has done well but they are not in that company.   

Those schools could have any coach they want and not settle for Floriads hand me downs. 

there are 65 teams in the P5.  Assume there is a top tier, middle tier, and bottom tier.  You really don't think the USCe is one of the top 22 programs in the nation? :facepalm:

Nope.   They only have a winning record against 3 teams in the SEC.  Kentucky,  Mississippi State and Vanderbilt.  They have a .312 winning percentage in that league.   

They have improved recently and won the SEC a few years ago but that doesn't make them a top tier team in college football - to me.   Clearly you think they are but its debateable.  

Edited by mark_my_words

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Nope.   They only have a winning record against 3 teams in the SEC.  Kentucky,  Mississippi State and Vanderbilt.  They have a .312 winning percentage in that league.   

They have improved recently and won the SEC a few years ago but that doesn't make them a top tier team in college football - to me.   Clearly you think they are but its debateable.  

they've never won the SEC.

They have only one conference title in their existence.

that was ACC in 1969 when they went 7-4.

they won SEC east in 2010 and lost to Auburn in title game 56-17. that's once since 1992 that they even won their division let alone conference.

I doubt there are many people outside of their own fans that would consider them a top 25 program.

My mistake about the SEC championship. I guess I was giving them too much credit.  

I doubt there are many people outside of their own fans that would consider them a top 25 program

Are you sure?   Because sellular thought it was worth a funny emoticon.

Edited by mark_my_words

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

Amazing how quickly the world changes.  On October 1, 2015 virtually everyone in the free world wanted Taggert fired.  Got to love America. 

Go Bulls!

Winning does that.