• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Hush.....The more likely scenario is CWT learned he wasn't going to be hired by the "Cocks" and he quickly agreed to a extension with USF.

Well aware that's how it happened. Just with the timing thought he could sell it as that. He came out and said USCe never offered though.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Tony Dungy. 

it's quite possible the buyout was structured like Taggart's last contract where if he is fired for cause and gets another job then his salary is deducted from any remaining buyout we owe. This was the problem with Skip's contract. We had to pay him his buyout no matter what. If his was structured like Taggart's last one then we would not have had to pay him anything as his base was $500k per year and that's what LATech is paying him.

To the guy with the hypothetical about losing next year and then it being a mistake, I would say it was worth it either way. Taggart has rebuilt this program from the ground up. Anybody that doesn't see the talent level difference is blind. Not only has Taggart signed kids that had big time offers but he is bringing in transfers from places like Texas, Stanford, TCU, etc. This roster is loaded and he continues to recruit well so we are better off. That being said, I don't see us losing with the talent we have.

The man earned a raise. He didn't deserve to be one of the lowest paid coaches in this conference anymore. He certainly didn't deserve to be paid less than a first time head coach with no recruiting ties to the area that was just hired by UCF

UCF stinks, we need an OCS, fire Taggart, C'mon Harlan get it together at Athletics.  Fire Genshaft.  What sign should we make for the game?  Fire everyone at USF.  UCF is terrible and they are behind us at everything.  Fire COA and Harlan.  EX-AD DW ran athletics into the ground. 

That about covers the depth of this board. 

....and fire the Publix head honcho's who decided to get rid of the grill press.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Any news on our OCS?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Any news on our OCS?

Done deal at the old MOSI site. Announcement in a couple of years ....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Done deal at the old MOSI site. Announcement in a couple of years ....

The announcement is being moved back to June 1, 2025. My cousins uncle's best friends dogsitter over heard an unnamed big wig confirm it while he was taking a dump in the bathroom at the USF Athletics building.

Edited by flsportsfan83
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

Not sure if this is related, but last time I went to MOSI most of the exhibits were broken.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

So lets hear it, or forever hold your piece. If we come out and fail miserably next year, is anybody going to come out, criticizing Harlan for pulling a Doug Woolard, and extending an unproven coach to a massive extension? Lets be honest here, while Taggart and USF have looked great for the second part of this season, we still haven't done anything yet. Any takers?

Put me on record as supporting the extension 100%.  This is not a Holtz-Woolard situation by any means.  3 years in, I was done with Holtz.  3 years into the CWT era, I'm having more fun watching USF football than I have, perhaps since 2009.  

• Upvote 2

Now that the extension is in place...

Are we ever going to hear about this whole Gonzmart/Ybor/Columbia issue that some poster(s) here claimed to have "insider knowledge" that would cause Taggart to be fired? 

No ...I'm not trying to be an ******* or to stir the pot, but if people here claimed to know some stuff, and post cryptic messages, especially if they specifically stated for others to look deeper into the situation (because apparently "the Ybor thing was way bigger than people know") ... then they should own up to it. 

b6ef05717d1b7c3fc25ba0fa06cb6268.jpg

i am criticizing him now

harlan is acting scared

5 years?  great for taggart bad for usf

taggart can leave at any time but usf is obligated to pay him for 5 years

strange negotiating tactic

no one was hiring cwt! he had no leverage and he is under contract

You do realize if Taggart leaves early, he has to PAY USF, right?  

Apologies if this was said earlier ... slowly making my way through the thread.