• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

I'm pretty sure they didn't negotiate and draw up that contract between his Friday afternoon visit and yesterday.  Guessing they have been talking all along, you know, like Harlan said during the season.   

I agree.  But the extension offer was not coming Saturday night if SC did not come calling and the perception still remains that he stepped when he needed to. 

Edited by mark_my_words

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Now that the extension is in place...

Are we ever going to hear about this whole Gonzmart/Ybor/Columbia issue that some poster(s) here claimed to have "insider knowledge" that would cause Taggart to be fired? 

No ...I'm not trying to be an ******* or to stir the pot, but if people here claimed to know some stuff, and post cryptic messages, especially if they specifically stated for others to look deeper into the situation (because apparently "the Ybor thing was way bigger than people know") ... then they should own up to it. 

call the devils name and he shall appear....  I stand by it, I said it would take 9-10 wins to save his ass...  he got the wins.....  I feel this extension was a knee jerk reaction and not warranted yet.....  bump him mid season next year if he's winning.....  he was not going anywhere.....  nothing I posted was inaccurate.....  trust is lost in buckets and earned back in drops...  CWT earned his place to stay....  now get over it.....  if you could get his hog out your mouth long enough, you might be able to think about something more productive than me...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

call the devils name and he shall appear....  I stand by it, I said it would take 9-10 wins to save his ass...  he got the wins.....  I feel this extension was a knee jerk reaction and not warranted yet.....  bump him mid season next year if he's winning.....  he was not going anywhere.....  nothing I posted was inaccurate.....  trust is lost in buckets and earned back in drops...  CWT earned his place to stay....  now get over it.....  if you could get his hog out your mouth long enough, you might be able to think about something more productive than me...

Why you mad?  It was you that specifically stated that we should look into it.

All I asked is if details can now be shared... yet your reply of "if you could get his hog out your mouth long enough" (in addition to previous name calling) proves how low class you are.  If people come in and post cryptic "insider" statements, then they should expect people to call them up on it.   That is all.

• Upvote 3

Why you mad?  It was you that specifically stated that we should look into it.

All I asked is if details can now be shared... yet your reply of "if you could get his hog out your mouth long enough" (in addition to previous name calling) proves how low class you are.  If people come in and post cryptic "insider" statements, then they should expect people to call them up on it.   That is all.

lol... 

dad270ae0d825fd97df2a858e83e1587.jpg

Edited by Skingraft
  • Downvote 1

Anyways... this should be a happy thread.  So to get this back on track:

Great news for CWT and the program. 

Hopefully with this news, he can push his long term status, along with the recent winning ways, to new potential recruits and really sell this program.

Turn USF into a perennial powerhouse!

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

lol...  bye Felicia 

:facepalm:  

Come on man....  I'm not mad at'cha.....  nothing but love....  I agree...  let's keep this thread positive 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Some of you guys miss the bigger picture.   Someone came sniffing around looking to talk to our coach.   

Harlan doesn't dither,  he slaps on an extension.   He is being aggressive and stepping up.   That is what you have to do if you want to keep your coach from being poached from these lower tier  (but very deep pocketed) teams.

If you want to make it to the next level you have to step up like that.   It won't always work,  I know,  but you have to show you are willing to put up a fight. 

so USCe is a "lower tier" team????  Man, your green and gold goggles are thick :facepalm:

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,115
  • Days Won:  6

so USCe is a "lower tier" team????  Man, your green and gold goggles are thick :facepalm:

come on, you know what i meant.   I'm typing on a phone here.   Lower tier P5 team.  They might be middle tier but the point stands.   

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,024
  • Days Won:  38

So lets hear it, or forever hold your piece. If we come out and fail miserably next year, is anybody going to come out, criticizing Harlan for pulling a Doug Woolard, and extending an unproven coach to a massive extension? Lets be honest here, while Taggart and USF have looked great for the second part of this season, we still haven't done anything yet. Any takers?

I said this in another thread, but at least we know he was able to recruit it up from the absolute bottom.  Assuming the offense doesn't revert back, we should be good.  I wasn't going to be mad about an extension, just mad about him bailing before winning anything and sending us into another rebuild mode.  I am glad we locked the guy in at least for now.

If we start running the table it will be interesting if we can compete.  Hopefully some of the dead coach money starts coming in around then or he can stretch us until we burn off our old coaches.

Edited by Rocky Style
  • Upvote 1