• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Well, I'll say it. It was a knee jerk reaction on behalf of the AD. I hope Coach Taggart turns out as great as Nick Saban for the sake of the USF fan base. On the other hand, I bet Harlan doesn't play poker much.

Either way, I still think we should have tabled an extension until mid-season next year. USC was not hiring Taggart. If Taggart found waiting for the extension to be an insult, well, watching the first two years of his tenure through the Maryland game here was as well. Tough love is never a bad thing and should go both ways.

On that note, I hope he leads us to multiple national championships and has the OCS named after him. I will always support the program and would not want Taggart to lose just to get him fired.   

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  0

I think people would be pissed off. It would definitely feel like buyers remorse, but it feels different from the Holtz extension. Holtz won with Leavitt's guys and was an average recruiter at best. Taggart is winning with all of his guys and is recruiting well for this class so far. College football is about recruiting, finding "The QB" and then coaching IMO. Taggart has loaded the team with talent and QB's (If Chris and Xavier stick).

Indeed, much different than Skippy's extension.  There was concern of our HC leaving then too, but that's where any similarity ends.  Those teams slipped the further we moved on from Coach Leavitt's fingerprint.  As it is, there is only one more game with any remnant of the "new Holtz era"

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Well, I'll say it. It was a knee jerk reaction on behalf of the AD. I hope Coach Taggart turns out as great as Nick Saban for the sake of the USF fan base. On the other hand, I bet Harlan doesn't play poker much.

Either way, I still think we should have tabled an extension until mid-season next year. USC was not hiring Taggart. If Taggart found waiting for the extension to be an insult, well, watching the first two years of his tenure through the Maryland game here was as well. Tough love is never a bad thing and should go both ways.

On that note, I hope he leads us to multiple national championships and has the OCS named after him. I will always support the program and would not want Taggart to lose just to get him fired.   

Not saying I disagree, but if that is the case, then Harlan does not know what he is doing.  I am trying hard to believe otherwise.  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I admit I have run the gamut of emotions the last 24 Hr.  But......there is no place like home!  Welcome home Coach T.  Keep the bus rolling & lets get us a championship!  Can't wait to see this year's recruiting class.

See you at the Bowl!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Didn't Taggart call Usf his dream job. If so I don't see him leaving for another job unless it's a big name school he couldn't say no to

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I for one never criticized Woolard for that extention as I know how the business works! Those that did just don't understand the business of college sports. 

Can you name another coach given a big raise and an extension coming off a losing season, not only a losing season but having lost 7 of his last 8 games that season? That extension was absolutely horrendous. The way it's gone down with Taggart is the way the business works.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,308
  • Days Won:  43

Can you name another coach given a big raise and an extension coming off a losing season, not only a losing season but having lost 7 of his last 8 games that season? That extension was absolutely horrendous. The way it's gone down with Taggart is the way the business works.

I believe the extention was in the works after Holtz beat Clemson in the bowl game. Just took a while to get it done. Also with all the rumors going around that Arkansas was looking at Holtz scared some folks. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

:GoBulls:  The end justifies the means. I'm good. I'm glad it all worked out. Go Bulls!