• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Very dubious about extending someone with his record, stubbornness and only 2/3's a season of good football. Especially when he had 2 more years on his contract.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

UCF stinks, we need an OCS, fire Taggart, C'mon Harlan get it together at Athletics.  Fire Genshaft.  What sign should we make for the game?  Fire everyone at USF.  UCF is terrible and they are behind us at everything.  Fire COA and Harlan.  EX-AD DW ran athletics into the ground. 

That about covers the depth of this board. 

How the hell did you leave out Publix subs and wings?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Don't know if these were posted somewhere else in here but some quotes from an article this morning that addresses some of the points from this thread:

At some point in the Bulls' staggering resurgence (seven wins in the past eight games) Harlan said he and Taggart agreed to talk about an extension at the end of the regular season. A deal practically had been struck when the opportunity for Taggart to interview at South Carolina arose. Harlan said Taggart told him about it.

"He knew he had the agreement before he left, so he just needed to think through it," Harlan said.

"I think in this profession, and you get a call from a school like that, you owe it to yourself and your family to go and look and listen," said Taggart, completing Year 3 of a five-year contract for roughly $1.2 million annually. "I think it's something nice when someone thinks highly of you and wants to interview you for the job. You've got to go listen."

By Saturday morning, Taggart was back on campus overseeing USF's morning workout. He said an offer from Gamecocks AD Ray Tanner, who instead hired ex-Florida coach Will Muschamp, never came.

"Didn't give it a chance to," Taggart said. "Glad to be a Bull."

^^^ absolutely.  He can spin it, true or not, that he interviewed and walked away loving USF more.  

It's just how the game is played, and he played it to perfection.  

Glad he's still our coach.  

Also from that article Trip posted, it reads like South Carolina asked Taggart to interview ... not Taggart seeking them out, which is important to note.  

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Say whatever you want about CWT but ya gotta respect the hustle...

With SWTFA right around the corner, props to ya CWT!

53308150.jpg

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

Put me on record as supporting the extension 100%.  This is not a Holtz-Woolard situation by any means.  3 years in, I was done with Holtz.  3 years into the CWT era, I'm having more fun watching USF football than I have, perhaps since 2009.  

Your post jogged a memory. I remember the first game of 2012 when we played Chattanooga, we ended up winning 34-13, however, I could see something was terribly wrong with Holtz's coaching style. The players were lethargic, had no emotion and you could see the smoke (ala' the last days of Pompeii). We should have won that game by 45.