• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart being linked to the Mizzou job

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think Taggart leaves.. Why would he want to leave his recruiting base to coach for a also ran in the SEC in the middle of the country.. I think if he leaves it would be for a primetime job like USC/Texas/FL/FSU/Miami/Auburn.. Something where he could actually get a national championship and get paid a ton.. If he moves to another team other than that I would be surprised and I'd guess it would have to be because we weren't willing to pay him or I'm underestimating the rift between Harlan and him. I currently don't see either of those things being a problem.. Harlan had a heart to heart with him over the break last year which lead to a different team this year and Harlan also backed him publicly even when we were 1-3. We haven't been afraid to pay people before and I don't think we will in this case either.. I think we could match anything south of 3 mil and that's what I expect Taggart to get.. 2.5-3 mil extension with more money to his assistants too.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

On Oct. 2nd, the most vocal fans on this board wanted him fired.  Two months later, the most vocal fans on this board are scared he'll leave for a "better" job.  I think the silent majority of fans are just waiting to see how things turn out, hoping the last 8 games is the new reality ...

+1000

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

Recruiting tool?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

On Oct. 2nd, the most vocal fans on this board wanted him fired.  Two months later, the most vocal fans on this board are scared he'll leave for a "better" job.  I think the silent majority of fans are just waiting to see how things turn out, hoping the last 8 games is the new reality ...

I don't think I am the silent majority, but I sure did want him fired and also hope the last 8 games becomes the norm.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,033
  • Days Won:  38

A lot of people wanted this guy fired at the beginning of the season...

If I were Taggart, and a better opportunity came knocking - I would be out

I wouldn't go "out" to an SEC job then. The performance was very bad up until the point when it all turned around. The playcalling suddenly became more aggressive. I am pretty sure the seat would have gotten a lot hotter at an SEC school.

In all fairness, people remained on the ship for two wins, four wins, and losing to Maryland. If I were him, I would look at how easy it is to recruit and win here. We could be the next Boise State and he would have lifetime job security pretty much. Everyone supports him now. I was a Willie supporter from the start but it was hard to justify the results and cautious playcalling after a while.

Imagine from his perspective if he were to stick around and realignment worked out with all of his recruiting pipeline in place locally.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ Exactly. If he thinks the fan base for an SEC school will be more supportive and patient, then he's in the wrong line of work to begin with. He's not a dumb man, he knows fan support takes time & wins regardless of the school, but as the talent & football history of a school gets deeper, patience is inversely proportional IMO.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Sometimes I wish there was an anonymous feature on here.... I don't know how those of you with greater access than I do are able to read everything and not spill the beans on your insider information. I find it terribly difficult.

All I say is that I was in Miami for work yesterday and I had a conversation that left me not worried at all about USF losing its head coach this year. I think we'll see some salary changes in June/July, though, for many coaches discussed.

Hope and Allen's contracts are the ones to look at -- I think we see some major changes there. They both took a gamble on this program and there are people who think that should be rewarded given the result.

Because some people over there monitor us over here on the pen and I don't want to divulge information given in confidence.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

Because some people over there monitor us over here on the pen and I don't want to divulge information given in confidence.

I cringe every time I see that ....

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

I understand the mechanics and reasoning behind not doing so -- it was a rhetorical question about willpower lol.