• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart being linked to the Mizzou job

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Missouri is a different job.  Taggart can't simply out recruit everyone and get a more talented team.  Missouri will never be more talented than Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, etc...  They can have better positions and enough match up advantages to win some games, but they will never be head to toe better than the majority of the SEC.  It's a lot easier to convince a guy to go to USF than sit on an SEC bench or go to an Iowa State than convincing a kid to play at Missouri than Alabama.

Not sure if plays a factor, the race tension in Missouri will likely turn off several potential coaches.  And, I believe Mizzou will be like Vandy.  A few brief good years, but mostly mediocre years.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

Not this year, but if Taggart wins the conference next year (let alone, goes 10+ wins)

He's gone.

I am not cool with this. I hope we free up some money next year paying off losers.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,076
  • Days Won:  2

Taggart makes seven figures and gets to live and work in the area he grew up in and loves...there are some folks out there that aren't solely motivated by greed.  Leavitt is one of those guys, Willie might be as well...

Edited by jg233
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019

Taggart makes seven figures and gets to live and work in the area he grew up in and loves...there are some folks out there that aren't solely motivated by greed.  Leavitt is one of those guys, Willie might be as well...

I had reservations to start this season, but if he can keep this up, I am going to cling to his hiring quote... "My vision is to win multiple championships in a first-class manner." 

http://collegefootball.ap.org/wvgazette/content/taggart-leaves-western-kentucky-south-florida

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

A lot of people wanted this guy fired at the beginning of the season...

If I were Taggart, and a better opportunity came knocking - I would be out

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  239

^that's college football. Obviously everyone is going to blame the head coach when things aren't going right. He knows that's what he signed up for. I just can't see Coach T at Mizzou. It seems like such an awkward spot for him. I'm hoping he stays for the long run like CJL 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256
  • Days Won:  0

I'd have to think, despite the turnaround this season, at an SEC school that has sniffed the CCG recently, that their fans wouldn't be thrilled hiring a coach who was 14-22 in his last job in an inferior conference. Yes I know everyone on here will say "yeah, but!" about his record, but it is what it is at this juncture. At some point, yeah he's going to get serious inquiries (hopefully, that will mean more success here) but for now, I can't see any competitive P5 schools offering him their HC gig. 

Edited by cambodia36
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  580

A lot of people wanted this guy fired at the beginning of the season...

If I were Taggart, and a better opportunity came knocking - I would be out

On Oct. 2nd, most fans wanted him fired.  Two months later, most fans are scared he'll leave for a "better" job.  Sounds like people just want him gone no matter what the circumstance.

I can't imagine "better" schools would hire someone with a losing record this early in his career...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  580

I'd have to think, despite the turnaround this season, at an SEC school that has sniffed the CCG recently, that their fans wouldn't be thrilled hiring a coach who was 14-22 in his last job in an inferior conference. Yes I know everyone on here will say "yeah, but!" about his record, but it is what it is at this juncture. At some point, yeah he's going to get serious inquiries (hopefully, that will mean more success here) but for now, I can't see any competitive P5 schools offering him their HC gig. 

+1

• Upvote 1