• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart being linked to the Mizzou job

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

I'd have to think, despite the turnaround this season, at an SEC school that has sniffed the CCG recently, that their fans wouldn't be thrilled hiring a coach who was 14-22 in his last job in an inferior conference. Yes I know everyone on here will say "yeah, but!" about his record, but it is what it is at this juncture. At some point, yeah he's going to get serious inquiries (hopefully, that will mean more success here) but for now, I can't see any competitive P5 schools offering him their HC gig. 

I agree.  Furthermore,  it would take CWT years to turn Missouri's program around.  They will have to suffer through that process like we did. 

If he can't turn things around quickly, their fans will be calling for his head and asking how they could hire a guy with a losing record at his last job.   

Sounds familiar but Missouri would have the means to fire CWT on a whim.  If I were him I'd pass. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

Taggart isn't a serious candidate right now

He has the potential to have his best HC record next year.

A 10 game winning season would put his HC record at 24-24 (.500)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

No one on here knows what's in CWT or Harlan's minds or hearts.  Let's just enjoy where we are right now and let others worry about this stuff.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Why even leave it up to debate? Harlan needs to give Taggart and the staff (Especially Hope and Allen) raises and extensions to at least stay one more year. If we can keep the staff together for 2 consistent years (which seems unheard of today), I think we'd do wonders in recruiting and have a great shot at an 11-12 win season.

He has 2 years left on his contract.  Does he have to pay if he leaves early?  If so, use the money to keep Allen has HC.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

He has 2 years left on his contract.  Does he have to pay if he leaves early?  If so, use the money to keep Allen has HC.

200K per year left on his contract

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/usf-contract-taggart-five-years-575-million

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

I had reservations to start this season, but if he can keep this up, I am going to cling to his hiring quote... "My vision is to win multiple championships in a first-class manner." 

http://collegefootball.ap.org/wvgazette/content/taggart-leaves-western-kentucky-south-florida

He also said "it's easier climbing than hanging on".

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Sometimes I wish there was an anonymous feature on here.... I don't know how those of you with greater access than I do are able to read everything and not spill the beans on your insider information. I find it terribly difficult.

All I say is that I was in Miami for work yesterday and I had a conversation that left me not worried at all about USF losing its head coach this year. I think we'll see some salary changes in June/July, though, for many coaches discussed.

Hope and Allen's contracts are the ones to look at -- I think we see some major changes there. They both took a gamble on this program and there are people who think that should be rewarded given the result.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

Honestly Allen had a good year, but this was his first year as a Coordinator, I think it would be foolish to trust a guy with only 1 year running a D as your head coach. Now if Willie were to leave after next Season I would be a little more comfortable if that decision was made.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

Honestly Allen had a good year, but this was his first year as a Coordinator, I think it would be foolish to trust a guy with only 1 year running a D as your head coach. Now if Willie were to leave after next Season I would be a little more comfortable if that decision was made.

Can't discount Hope's experience either. He had an okay time at Purdue, but he did a great job with Eastern Kentucky.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

On Oct. 2nd, most fans wanted him fired.  Two months later, most fans are scared he'll leave for a "better" job.  Sounds like people just want him gone no matter what the circumstance.

On Oct. 2nd, the most vocal fans on this board wanted him fired.  Two months later, the most vocal fans on this board are scared he'll leave for a "better" job.  I think the silent majority of fans are just waiting to see how things turn out, hoping the last 8 games is the new reality ...

• Upvote 2