• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What does the UCF game mean to you, personally?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

As for this topic. Moving to Orlando going into high school was hell. Being from Miami my natural hate for the magic seeped into almost everything else associated with that city and ucf is no different. It started slow, but the more I was around ucfers the more I grow to strongly dislike the school. Don't get me wrong I know maybe two that are ok, but the vast majority are major dickheads. In retrospect I think that's part of what made being a Bull come so natural to me. I had always enjoyed going over to Tampa before living there for school, and the city although distinct reminded me of home in some ways. 

This game to me is about restoring order, and helping to get us back on a trajectory to the top. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455

1 - It's another step toward where we want to be.   2 - It's my daughter's birthday.  3 - After being at every BULLS game but 1 since she was 4 years old, then going over there, then losing two, NOW I/we get some revenge and she gets to spend her birthday with mom and dad.  4 - I hate UCF.

Sure we do, the whole Uconn v. UCF is a perfect example.  Rivalries just happen, they really can't be manufactured.  FSU, UF, and even Miami always viewed us the same way that we used to view UCF, unworthy of rival status.  We will NEVER have a rivalry with FSU, UF, or Miami.  Now, I am sure FIU and FAU would love to start something up, but we would reject that for the same reasons as FSU, UF, and Miami would reject one with us.  

I'm not too sure about FSU not becoming our rival. If we beat them next season and can manage to get them on the schedule more regularly there is potential there. I think out of the 3 they are the ones we could pull into rivalry status. We just need to kee playing big and grabbing headlines

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

I'm not too sure about FSU not becoming our rival. If we beat them next season and can manage to get them on the schedule more regularly there is potential there. I think out of the 3 they are the ones we could pull into rivalry status. We just need to kee playing big and grabbing headlines

Do you think their fans would say the same, that they would love to develop a rivalry with us?  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

FSU would be dumb to keep playing us.

Play 3 florida schools a year? 2 out of conference? To dangerous during potential championship seasons. UF stopped playing Miami for this reason, to ease schedule.

Maybe schedule a game every 3 years.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

They hate us.  We hate them.  Deny it all you want, but it's a rivalry game.  I'm hoping we open a can on them tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

FSU would be tally dumb to keep playing us.

Play 3 florida schools a year? 2 out of conference? To dangerous during potential championship seasons. UF stopped playing Miami for this reason, to ease schedule.

I know their fans have a strong dislike for us and I think that's how it starts. You add in some upsets, continued competition, and it organically grows. Not saying this will happen right away. Unless your UCIF you don't Johnny now a rivalry. It takes time.

I wrote about UF ducking um, but it's also about recruiting. If you are getting beat perennially by a team it becomes harder to recruit against them. FSU does really well in Miami, and I think beating um helps them with that.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

Means a part of history for me, as per ESPN.

"UCF is one of two winless FBS teams this season (Kansas is also 0-11). Since 2004, 11 FBS teams (including transitional teams) have gone winless for a season. The Knights are one loss away from becoming the first FBS team to have two winless seasons during that span (went 0-11 in 2004)."

wow ESPN really knows how to hype up their games, dont they? Makes the game sound super interesting

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

No way FSU has room for us on the rival list. Miami (wide right?) is the standard in-conference, and UF is the historic perennial rival they (and UF) look forward to every year. Even I'm not sure I'd want to see that rivalry ever die, it's a FL classic.

• Upvote 1