• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What does the UCF game mean to you, personally?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

No way FSU has room for us on the rival list. Miami (wide right?) is the standard in-conference, and UF is the historic perennial rival they (and UF) look forward to every year. Even I'm not sure I'd want to see that rivalry ever die, it's a FL classic.

Florida will always be FSU's #1 Rival with Miami being the Secondary rival. Florida-FSU has a more classic generational family rivalry where fans always know family & friends that went to either school and you have houses divided. With Miami it's not the same bc most of their fans never stepped foot on that campus.

That's why USF-UCF could develop into that bc both are huge public schools so it's the same dynamic but with programs that are very young and still trying to build a tradition.

You can't force natural rivalries

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  1

Last year I lost power during an ice storm in New Hampshire a day before Thanksgiving. My generator was being paired and I had to stay with the house. Consequently, I had a can of soup and sandwich meat for Thanksgiving next to the wood stove fire. The next day I had to go to Chilies to see the game but still supported them wearing my USF gear. I was tired, hungry, pissed off over our season, etc. I could not believe my eyes when in walked four people wearing UCF gear. Just my luck I come to the one restaurant where the only four grads from UCF living in NH would eat.t. We all know how they game went. These four dicks kept looking over at me after every UCF score and USF mistake, making snide comments, and generally being a typical UCF fan. I left before the end of the game and I heard them say "bye-bye." Well, it is four years later. I have power in my home, a great turkey is planned with the family, USF is 7-4, and UCF is 0-11. To those four UCF fans, assuming you are real fans, I hope you choke on your turkey as we are rolling your ass tomorrow. Each time USF scores I will be think of you five ******** knowing that your sorry program has many years before it is relevant again.  

this is a fantastic post man.. I hope you have a great revenge Thanksgiving

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

I hate saying this, but if UCF had a similar season to USF so far, and this game had a lot of hype and the big 12 1-1 loss team misses the playoff again, youd have to think the USF UCF would be the odds on pair to add. But now, who would want to bring on UCF? Similarly to why any conference would have wanted to add USF the last couple years.

We NEED this game to be big. As well as USF, we NEED UCF to be good. So I for one, will cheer for a quick UCF turn around. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We NEED this game to be big. As well as USF, we NEED UCF to be good. So I for one, will cheer for a quick UCF turn around. 

I stared at this for a bit, and I'm still on the fence. I agree with ambien that this makes a good natural rivalry, but we keep getting stuck on either end of the spectrum which makes the game relatively (to the TV audience in general) a "meh" attraction. So I think I agree we need to be closer for that attraction but the green & gold in me would rather see them on fire. I can't decide.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

Florida will always be FSU's #1 Rival with Miami being the Secondary rival. Florida-FSU has a more classic generational family rivalry where fans always know family & friends that went to either school and you have houses divided. With Miami it's not the same bc most of their fans never stepped foot on that campus.

That's why USF-UCF could develop into that bc both are huge public schools so it's the same dynamic but with programs that are very young and still trying to build a tradition.

You can't force natural rivalries

The most important factor, along with those, that makes this a Rivalry now is that they are in the same conference and the games have a real meaning now they would not have otherwise ....

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Other than another step needed for a shot at the conference championship game this is just another opponent. 

Quite honestly, I would have preferred going into the game with both teams 11-0 or at least us where we are and UCF at 5-6 needing a win to get into a bowl.  

The hype and intensity for that game would be as strong as any game we ever played. For me, a rivalry is created when both teams have something on the line. We do, but still need some help from UCONN.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

They shut us out at home last year.  I want revenge for that.  They are also 0-11.  I'd like to be the icing on the cake that is their season.  On the flip side, we can't give them the satisfaction of redeeming their pitiful season with a victory over us.  This game is HUGE, Tampa.  HUGE.

I would like to see a beatdown of epic proportions.  Hope the starters can hang 50 on them before halftime and then let everybody play.  But you never can tell with in-state rivalries.  They just may give us a game and we need to take them very seriously.

^^ This!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Nuttin'

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Have hated them ever since Brandon blacklisted me from UCFSports.com 13 years ago.  Yes I hold a grudge.

• Upvote 1