• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

What does the UCF game mean to you, personally?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

Have hated them ever since Brandon blacklisted me from UCFSports.com 13 years ago.  Yes I hold a grudge.

That douchebag was actually my exposure to Kanigit Kanation way back on the ESPN boards, before I found this place. The only reason I kind of knew who they were was because I was an FSU fan back in the day and Marquette Smith transferred there. Had no idea the animosity those nobodies held for USF in those days until that ******** started crap on those boards.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

This - UCF  #164 nationally in USA Today's Sagarin ratings and land below 44 Division I-AA programs like Weber State and Cal Poly. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

This - UCF  #164 nationally in USA Today's Sagarin ratings and land below 44 Division I-AA programs like Weber State and Cal Poly. 

That... is not very good.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

I guess all those that said the #128 ranking was too high were right!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

They used to annoy me, while I've always hated UF the most. Now, I hate them both equally. Seeing either a UCF or UF license plate on the road and I'm ready to give the finger!

Why did UCF get promoted? They are as classless as it comes. Dirt bags. I mean who would slash another AD's tires? Yeah, I know, we all loved Doug Woolard... But that wasn't right.

And it seems like they are bizarro USF: when we declined, they did better. Now, we are waking up and they are in the ICU. Don't forget the people who mess up and call each school the other. Did any of you catch the video after the Temple game where Joey Knight called us UCF? He was tired and it was a slip of the tongue but it validates my bizarro USF theory.

Oh, I could go on and on about why they annoy me so much!

We need to go over there and stomp them so badly that they will remember the game for years to come. I hope Matt Grothe gets to be on the USF sideline to witness it, too.

This isn't a rivalry; they are the hillbillies of college football. UCF fans can never erase the stench of classlessness.

Prediction: IT'S GOING TO BE A USF BEAT DOWN!

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Best game best game of the year. I have a ton of friends that went to UCF.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,681
  • Days Won:  2

Growing up in a small town in Hoboken, NJ, I always dreamed of somehow escaping the cold and moving to a warn weather climate. As the son of a third generation factory worker, money wasn't exactly plentiful, so fall/winters were rather... meager around our household. We had an old UHF cabinet television in the basement that dad used to escape the doldrums of reality. At times when he was away, I'd escape to the basement and watch whatever I could find on tv. During a cold autumn evening in 1989, I caught a college football game between UCF and Bethune Cookman. I remember thinking to myself "One of these days, I'm going to apply to a school like UCF and escape this place." I spent the upcoming years working hard in school and preparing myself for a college life in sunny Florida. After graduating fifth in my high school class, I felt confident that I would be accepted into the university and my dreams would be fulfilled. Unfortunately, as I thought at the time, life had other plans for me.

I sent in my application to the University of Central Florida and... well... just waited. I remember checking the mailbox every day and letting out a sigh of sadness under my breath each time the letter hadn't arrived. Until one day when I saw it... there it was... a big black and gold envelope with my name on it. I rushed inside and ripped it open and read the words that made my heart drop:

I was crushed. My dreams of sunny Florida had been shattered. I walked to the kitchen on that sad day in '05 and that's when something caught my eye. A headline for the newspaper that day read 'College Upstart South Florida Eviscerates Central Florida 31 - 14'. "South Florida?", I thought, "I wonder what they're about." And I began to research... Without a football team, I hadn't heard of them in my earlier years, but it seems that all had changed. Not only did they have a football team, but it seemed they were really good as well! The academics seemed great too! I hurriedly gave them a call and asked them to send some information if they were still accepting applicants. Not only did they overnight some information to me, but it was in English and was completely legible! From the use of syntax to the lack of crayon usage, it was evident that the University of South Florida was a much different university than the University of Central Florida.

From there, the rest was history. I was accepted into USF. Graduated magna cum laude. And went on to cure cancer as an astronaut while fighting ISIS from the moon.

This game, to me, is the embodiment of the fulfillment of the hopes and dreams of a young boy from Hoboken who almost saw his dreams crushed by the horrible UCF. A win would validate everything good that has happened in my life. That is what the USF-UCF game means to me.

----

Orrrrrrrrr I just don't like UCF, that was all a lie, the game is just another win for us and I enjoy seeing them sad, but the thread topic seemed so dramatic that I thought it required a more dramatic story. Just choose whichever one works better for you.

giphy.gif 

Edited by KB
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Growing up in a small town in Hoboken, NJ, I always dreamed of somehow escaping the cold and moving to a warn weather climate. As the son of a third generation factory worker, money wasn't exactly plentiful, so fall/winters were rather... meager around our household. We had an old UHF cabinet television in the basement that dad used to escape the doldrums of reality. At times when he was away, I'd escape to the basement and watch whatever I could find on tv. During a cold autumn evening in 1989, I caught a college football game between UCF and Bethune Cookman. I remember thinking to myself "One of these days, I'm going to apply to a school like UCF and escape this place." I spent the upcoming years working hard in school and preparing myself for a college life in sunny Florida. After graduating fifth in my high school class, I felt confident that I would be accepted into the university and my dreams would be fulfilled. Unfortunately, as I thought at the time, life had other plans for me.

I sent in my application to the University of Central Florida and... well... just waited. I remember checking the mailbox every day and letting out a sigh of sadness under my breath each time the letter hadn't arrived. Until one day when I saw it... there it was... a big black and gold envelope with my name on it. I rushed inside and ripped it open and read the words that made my heart drop:

I was crushed. My dreams of sunny Florida had been shattered. I walked to the kitchen on that sad day in '05 and that's when something caught my eye. A headline for the newspaper that day read 'College Upstart South Florida Eviscerates Central Florida 31 - 14'. "South Florida?", I thought, "I wonder what they're about." And I began to research... Without a football team, I hadn't heard of them in my earlier years, but it seems that all had changed. Not only did they have a football team, but it seemed they were really good as well! The academics seemed great too! I hurriedly gave them a call and asked them to send some information if they were still accepting applicants. Not only did they overnight some information to me, but it was in English and was completely legible! From the use of syntax to the lack of crayon usage, it was evident that the University of South Florida was a much different university than the University of Central Florida.

From there, the rest was history. I was accepted into USF. Graduated magna cum laude. And went on to cure cancer as an astronaut while fighting ISIS from the moon.

This game, to me, is the embodiment of the fulfillment of the hopes and dreams of a young boy from Hoboken who almost saw his dreams crushed by the horrible UCF. A win would validate everything good that has happened in my life. That is what the USF-UCF game means to me.

----

Orrrrrrrrr I just don't like UCF, that was all a lie, the game is just another win for us and I enjoy seeing them sad, but the thread topic seemed so dramatic that I thought it required a more dramatic story. Just choose whichever one works better for you.

HOF Nominee

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Best game best game of the year. I have a ton of friends that went to UCF.

Now, it's becoming clearer to me....