• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What does the UCF game mean to you, personally?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

It's another win albeit with a shot at the conference championship game which adds a little intrigue. I still don't consider this a rivalry as I hate UCF no more than I hate Rutgers and I never once considered Rutgers a rival.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

If it weren't for the potential conference championship game, not much.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

They are completely meaningless to me personally beyond that they are on our schedule or are competing for a slot ahead of us in the next round of expansion. In that vein they are no bigger than cincinnati or memphis, etc.

i went to USF from 93-96 and they were a nonentity to us in basketball which was the main sport. I work with some UCF alum and to the extent a win gives some sort of bragging rights it's no different to me than any other school we beat or lose to.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

USF must win to maintain national perception as a better university both in academics and athletics.

I hate UCF arrogance. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Not much personally. My friend bet me 50 bucks that UCF would win about 4 weeks ago. So that would be sweet.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

A game we must win.  The UCONN game means way more though.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

It would mean a lot to me even if we were 0-11; I interned at UCF during the Summer between my two grad school years; I have a lot of respect for their academics and the institution, but their athletics program causes a level of hatred that is shared only with Disney World during the summer and Nancy Grace; they hired a coach who lied on his resume, that coach was negligent and indirectly killed a player; their baseball coach was fired for simulating **** on another staff member.

I like UCF, but I want UCF Athletics to be as miserable as humanly possible.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Considering that no other college team gets nearly the same amount of mention on our forum, I would say it means a lot.  Especially for those that attempt to say it is just another game.  This is good for USF, it is good for the AAC, and it is good for college football.  This is the type of rivalry that can't be manufactured by forced play.  For years I wanted our rival to be Miami, but it just never materialized because it was forced.  UCF had always been and will always be our rival and that is a good thing for us, we always needed a true rival.  Plus, I am sure we all know people that went to UCF, co-workers, family members, friends, etc.  It's a big deal, and not just another game.  

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Considering that no other college team gets nearly the same amount of mention on our forum, I would say it means a lot.  Especially for those that attempt to say it is just another game.  This is good for USF, it is good for the AAC, and it is good for college football.  This is the type of rivalry that can't be manufactured by forced play.  For years I wanted our rival to be Miami, but it just never materialized because it was forced.  UCF had always been and will always be our rival and that is a good thing for us, we always needed a true rival.  Plus, I am sure we all know people that went to UCF, co-workers, family members, friends, etc.  It's a big deal, and not just another game.  

yea, but you can have more than one rival. FSU-UM, FSU-UF; UM got ducked by UF or that rivalry would still be going. You can see this all over college sports. We have room for at least one more.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

yea, but you can have more than one rival. FSU-UM, FSU-UF; UM got ducked by UF or that rivalry would still be going. You can see this all over college sports. We have room for at least one more.

Sure we do, the whole Uconn v. UCF is a perfect example.  Rivalries just happen, they really can't be manufactured.  FSU, UF, and even Miami always viewed us the same way that we used to view UCF, unworthy of rival status.  We will NEVER have a rivalry with FSU, UF, or Miami.  Now, I am sure FIU and FAU would love to start something up, but we would reject that for the same reasons as FSU, UF, and Miami would reject one with us.  

• Upvote 1