• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pathetic Crowd....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wow I'm more embarrassed about those complaining about the students, generalizing about entitlement, selfies, blah blah. Everyone's got their reasons, and you people honestly expecting these four wins will get students to show up again? There's no signature team to beat that will create that buzz. If we beat Navy, I guarantee there still won't be a full student section. The general student body doesn't care about the teams in the AAC. Quit whining about the kids, show up and do your own thing, that's all you can do.

This is the problem.  They should care about USF the opponent should be secondary.

• Upvote 2

So if there is so much apathy among the students, why did they turn out in force for FAMU? And if afternoon starts are an issue, why did they turn out in force for Syracuse?  SMU started 0:30 minutes later.... it's not like that caused problems.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Winner

This.  I also remember when many on here talked about people not going because of the opponent.  unless it was WVU, FSU, Miami, Pitt or Louisville,   there were excuses of why the crowd would be decreased.  So why badmouth people now after 41/2 years of bad football..  I was there and so was my spouse and our 2 sons, just like always- we go, win or lose and who gives a rats behind about the opponent.

Edited by snarling Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  146

So true about the selfies.  WTF is up with that stupid sheet?

it's the "Me Me Me" generation - perhaps the most narcissistic ever 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

A whole lotta biatchin' and not one word of fixin'... Typical.

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  146

while I agree that the stands looked terrible on TV, there is only one way to fix it. Start winning again. 

There are plenty of reasons why that is true and there is no other fix that I have ever seen other than winning. 

This stuff is cyclical at most schools save the oldest and most established programs, Think about it this way-- have you watched FSU at home in the past 5 years? There are empty sections and those teams are coming off championships years. USF has been a bottom feeder for the better part of 5 years -- and I would guess it will take at minimum 2 solid years of winning before we start putting people back in the upper sections again. 

The problem is that some people believe that certain things once achieved are givens-- that everything is always working towards improvement/ getting better. That simply is not realistic. You are going to have downturns in any business or going concern. How you weather that situation determines if you are around when things pick up. 

in other words-- the Bulls need to put an exciting, winning team on the field or they will continue to only have the true diehard fans showing up. It wasn't just the students that weren't there -- the less serious fans are choosing that it isn't worth the time to go or choosing to stay at home and watch the game on TV instead. 

My advice to those who get so upset about this is to relax and enjoy the games. QUit worrying yourself over what others think of the program. Feel free to complain about it but understand when it is not fixing anything other than releasing your anger. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,521
  • Days Won:  422

Meant season tix. I may be wrong about that bit I don't think so. I am confident 2008 season tix sales were better. 

You're probably right there ..... One would hope anyway.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

USF has been bad for so long

Florida cities are not kind to underperforming College teams

Even Miami stadium was empty last week

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

USF has been bad for so long

Florida cities are not kind to underperforming College teams

Even Miami stadium was empty last week

Florida (Tampa ) is usually unkind to ALL  of its sports teams unless they are in the playoff or championship.