• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pathetic Crowd....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

This is an attendance thread

i'm glad New England bull rents the party room at the local vfw every time Memphis, temple or Houston play on tv, but the conference is a sprawling geographical mess that provides crap games like smu v usf, which are a tough ticket to sell

attendance stinks in in large part because the conference stinks and the games are meaningless

Really? How large a part .... 60%, 70%, more, none? Reality is that we really won't have a good idea the impact of the conference until we have some sustained success.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This is an attendance thread

i'm glad New England bull rents the party room at the local vfw every time Memphis, temple or Houston play on tv, but the conference is a sprawling geographical mess that provides crap games like smu v usf, which are a tough ticket to sell

attendance stinks in in large part because the conference stinks and the games are meaningless

No,  but I love college football and I don't think I've missed too many games of other teams in our conference. Geography, has ltlittle to do with the number of fans at the games  (see USF vs UCF) and everything to do with the history of the teams in the conference ( which historically has not been good or very long). In terms of USF games being  meaningless, I suspect you were never at USF when it did not have a football team. I was there and it sucked more than the negative position you have now.This is my school, it is where I graduated and I will continue to support them regardless of what conference they are in.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

That's a fair point but since the selection process (playoffs and bowls) is subjective it cannot be dismissed either.

True...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

actually that is not really true.  The Playoff Committee ranks all teams 1-25 and selects the top 4 for the playoffs.  They don't even release their initial rankings until Novemeber 3rd.  

You don't think their rankings is influenced by the AP/Coaches poll?  They are human, and have their own bias.

I remember watching one game, it was one of the ranked AAC teams (...was it Memphis) where one of the commentators asked the other, if the team remains unbeaten, should they be in the playoffs?  The commentator said "No."  And that no "G5" team should be in the playoffs.

A bit ago, on ESPN.  I believe it was after the USF - UConn game, a similar question was asked by the post-game analysts, when they were talking about the American Conference.  One said possibly, the other said flat out "No" and then said, if anything  they get the New Year Bowl spot, which the one that answered with "possibly" responded with a sarcastic "well gee, that's a nice consolation prize" for not being allowed to the playoffs.  The one that answered "No" basically gave a "oh-well" gesture. 

The ones ranking the playoffs are human as well.. and that's the flaw of the whole system.  They mostly are all former "P5" employees, or pollers that cause the bias in the first place.

Edited by Dogma

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

Yes the playoff selection is certainly political. However if we win our OOC games and our conference then we can make an argument some years. But for any G5 team to make it we have to get by the strength of schedule or who have they beat argument. Below are USF schedules for 2017 to 2022.  The 2017 schedule(upper left, dang formatting) is not worthy of a playoff invite even if we won out. The 2022 schedule absolutely is provided those teams are at their usual level.

Edited by SANJAY

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

No,  but I love college football and I don't think I've missed too many games of other teams in our conference. Geography, has ltlittle to do with the number of fans at the games  (see USF vs UCF) and everything to do with the history of the teams in the conference ( which historically has not been good or very long). In terms of USF games being  meaningless, I suspect you were never at USF when it did not have a football team. I was there and it sucked more than the negative position you have now.This is my school, it is where I graduated and I will continue to support them regardless of what conference they are in.

Speaking of lack of history, Tulane has been playing football since 1893 and was even in the SEC.  I too was at USF when we had no football and that sucked.  The fact is we are in a crap conference with crap teams.  Until we move up to the P5 and start bringing in teams that compete for a national title and can compete for a national title ourselves, we will continue to have small (but diehard) crowds.

You don't think their rankings is influenced by the AP/Coaches poll?  They are human, and have their own bias.

I remember watching one game, it was one of the ranked AAC teams (...was it Memphis) where one of the commentators asked the other, if the team remains unbeaten, should they be in the playoffs?  The commentator said "No."  And that no "G5" team should be in the playoffs.

A bit ago, on ESPN.  I believe it was after the USF - UConn game, a similar question was asked by the post-game analysts, when they were talking about the American Conference.  One said possibly, the other said flat out "No" and then said, if anything  they get the New Year Bowl spot, which the one that answered with "possibly" responded with a sarcastic "well gee, that's a nice consolation prize" for not being allowed to the playoffs.  The one that answered "No" basically gave a "oh-well" gesture. 

The ones ranking the playoffs are human as well.. and that's the flaw of the whole system.  They mostly are all former "P5" employees, or pollers that cause the bias in the first place.

what don't you get?  We don't have the opportunity to play a tough enough schedule anymore.  Our games against P5 teams won't count in a few years and the chances we get to play great teams out of conference is rapidly going down the toilet.  

No way an undefeated G5 team ever makes the playoffs unless the P5 conference champs have 2 or more losses.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550

what don't you get?  We don't have the opportunity to play a tough enough schedule anymore.  Our games against P5 teams won't count in a few years and the chances we get to play great teams out of conference is rapidly going down the toilet.  

No way an undefeated G5 team ever makes the playoffs unless the P5 conference champs have 2 or more losses.

What you don't seem to get is that my replies are about BryBull's response

Care to tell me what I'm wrong about in relation to that?

What you don't seem to get is that my replies are about BryBull's response

Care to tell me what I'm wrong about in relation to that?

sorry bro, thought you were having a difficult time agreeing with the announcers that no P5 team could make the playoffs.