• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF will win out and other bold predictions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Not only will USF win out in the regular season, the team will also knock off Houston in the conference championship game and beat Miami in the St. Pete Bowl, finishing with the program's first 10 win season at 10-3.  

In the off-season CWT will get a 5 year extension making him the highest paid coach in the AAC.

Quinton Flowers will be a dark-horse candidate for the Heisman in 2016, ultimately finishing 3rd in the balloting. Asianti Wollard will move to TE and be our third leading receiver. 

USF will go undefeated in 2016, including a thrilling double OT victory against FSU. USF will narrowly miss out on the football playoff, but will beat Clemson in the Orange Bowl.

USF finishes the season ranked #5 and begins the 2017 season ranked #8. 

(Disclaimer: I do not think any of the above will actually occur, but I wanted to give the many posters on this board that keep making ridiculous claims that many on the board predicted that USF would win out after FAMU and that CWT would get a contract extension a thread to actually cite when making their pessimistic and spurious claims.)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Well just in case that doesn't happen we'll keep the rail ready. If we were to win 4 of our last 6 I think people may go crazy, but if we were to run the table heads will explode.

Winning out is not as far fetched as the rest of your predictions...

SMU - Contain Matt Davis. Offense will be able to move at will.  Only mistakes can make this game close.

Navy - Hardest game left on the schedule. Stopping the triple option will be a challenge, but USF has been really good against the run (outside of one particular RB).  Navy's defense is not as good as U Conn... so the USF Offense can move the ball.

ECU - A two-headed QB can really be tough for defenses. Summers is like Davis - contain him and the Pirates can be stopped.  ECU's defense is about as bad as Memphis or Syracuse.

Temple - Best defense left on the schedule, but only O on the Owls is in their name.  USF's defense should not have a hard time stopping them.  This could be a soccer score... take the under.

Cincinnati - Their offense is high power, but their OL is a sieve.  You can call them "Sackinatti" -- and their defense is another under-performing unit (what is it with AAC defenses?).

UCF - The Bulls should feast on Thanksgiving.

----------

All of the above really depends, more than before, on the playcalling from CWT on offense -- and limiting the drive-ending mistakes.  Holding penalties and dropped passes will kill the offense and make it difficult to win some of these games.  Realistically, USF should go 3-3 the rest of the way (SMU, Cincy, UCF)... I don't see any worse than 2-4... and I could see the team going 6-0 and shocking everyone to win the AAC East.  (Could... won't ... but could).

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

^^^LOL

I bet most on this board are thinking that maybe we can win most games from here on out... Its the AAC(C-USA2) not the old BE. Defenses are horrible in this conference.. Anything under 4 conference wins will be disappointing

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I like where CWT and the team's head's at.  It's a great start. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

Temple - Best defense left on the schedule,

but only O on the Owls is in their name

.  USF's defense should not have a hard time stopping them.  This could be a soccer score... take the under.

Jahad Thomas looks to be the real deal. Probably the 2nd best back, to Cook, we'll see in a conventional offense ...

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

JpvGw9M.gif

Winning out is not as far fetched as the rest of your predictions...

SMU - Contain Matt Davis. Offense will be able to move at will.  Only mistakes can make this game close.

Navy - Hardest game left on the schedule. Stopping the triple option will be a challenge, but USF has been really good against the run (outside of one particular RB).  Navy's defense is not as good as U Conn... so the USF Offense can move the ball.

ECU - A two-headed QB can really be tough for defenses. Summers is like Davis - contain him and the Pirates can be stopped.  ECU's defense is about as bad as Memphis or Syracuse.

Temple - Best defense left on the schedule, but only O on the Owls is in their name.  USF's defense should not have a hard time stopping them.  This could be a soccer score... take the under.

Cincinnati - Their offense is high power, but their OL is a sieve.  You can call them "Sackinatti" -- and their defense is another under-performing unit (what is it with AAC defenses?).

UCF - The Bulls should feast on Thanksgiving.

----------

All of the above really depends, more than before, on the playcalling from CWT on offense -- and limiting the drive-ending mistakes.  Holding penalties and dropped passes will kill the offense and make it difficult to win some of these games.  Realistically, USF should go 3-3 the rest of the way (SMU, Cincy, UCF)... I don't see any worse than 2-4... and I could see the team going 6-0 and shocking everyone to win the AAC East.  (Could... won't ... but could).

S

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Usf could win out if they brought A game to every game...odds that happen very unlikely. 

Still see no reason we can't finish season 6-6 or better.  Must beat SMU first.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Not only will USF win out in the regular season, the team will also knock off Houston in the conference championship game and beat Miami in the St. Pete Bowl, finishing with the program's first 10 win season at 10-3.  

In the off-season CWT will get a 5 year extension making him the highest paid coach in the AAC.

Quinton Flowers will be a dark-horse candidate for the Heisman in 2016, ultimately finishing 3rd in the balloting. Asianti Wollard will move to TE and be our third leading receiver. 

USF will go undefeated in 2016, including a thrilling double OT victory against FSU. USF will narrowly miss out on the football playoff, but will beat Clemson in the Orange Bowl.

USF finishes the season ranked #5 and begins the 2017 season ranked #8. 

(Disclaimer: I do not think any of the above will actually occur, but I wanted to give the many posters on this board that keep making ridiculous claims that many on the board predicted that USF would win out after FAMU and that CWT would get a contract extension a thread to actually cite when making their pessimistic and spurious claims.)

I don't think its a stretch either.  USF can win out.