• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF will win out and other bold predictions

Jahad Thomas looks to be the real deal. Probably the 2nd best back, to Cook, we'll see in a conventional offense ...

Not looking so good tonight.  Through 3 quarters .... 15 carries for 44 yards... UMass and Tulane held him in check as well.

I'd put Newsome of him ahead for sure... plus Davis (SMU QB), Summers (ECU QB) and Reynolds (Navy QB) are better runners than Thomas.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Not sure if you saw Thomas's ridiculous step back move to avoid 2 defenders. He's got some ability.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

the teams in this conference stink

of course it is possible

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

After watching ECU  last night, as long as we can keep up the level of play we have shown in the last couple of games, there is no reason we shouldn't end up 6-6. SMU, ECU and UCF all there for the taking. 

The play of the last couple of games plus those 3 weaker opponents left have raised expectations. 

With these raised expectations, would not making a bowl game now be a major disappointment?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

After watching ECU  last night, as long as we can keep up the level of play we have shown in the last couple of games, there is no reason we shouldn't end up 6-6. SMU, ECU and UCF all there for the taking. 

The play of the last couple of games plus those 3 weaker opponents left have raised expectations. 

With these raised expectations, would not making a bowl game now be a major disappointment?

80 teams will play in bowl games this year.  There are only 65 teams in the P5.  Us not making a bowl game is always a disappointment 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Aaahhhh the two game winning streak Kool-Aid.

Edited by BullFan98

Aaahhhh the two game winning streak Kool-Aid.

It's a bit more than just Kool-Aid.  We had the same 2-game winning streak in 2013... and no one was really talking about THAT team making a bowl game.

-------------------

Let's be clear... it's not the result that has us excited... it's the way the results have been obtained.  Syracuse, and U Conn are games that should get any USF fan excited about the team.  It is finally living up to it's potential.  After Memphis, I was ready to fire Taggart... now I am ready to give him one more season... if we get to a bowl, I may be willing to let him finish his contract.

Still... living up to potential for two games doesn't mean the team will do it for 6 more... we all know the mantra of "any given Saturday" ... and some people here might still be jaded from the past five seasons... but anyone who has followed this team through thick and thin can see this team is on the upward slope, and there are glimmers it has even crossed over to respectability again.

Moreover, I think people realize this is not the Big East.  Rutgers, Pittsburgh, Louisville, West Virginia -- teams that would give the 2015 Bulls fits -- are just not on the schedule.

SMU, ECU, Cincinnati, and UCF are all emintnely beatable even if we give up a big play or two and have more than a couple three-and-outs.  (Beatable is not a guarantee, BTW)

Temple and Navy are the only two games left that will really be that tough.  Temple because they really do have a good defense.  Navy because we may not have the size to stop the triple option.

So jump back on the bandwagon...

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

It feels good going in to these games with a chance to win. We are moving the ball on O and flying around on D. We are actually playing with energy.. Kids are excited on the sidelines

What is the guess on the attendance tomorrow? My guess is 22k...

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

I want both. 

1. Bowl

2. Kill UCiF

I want both....

Ty

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

Well just in case that doesn't happen we'll keep the rail ready. If we were to win 4 of our last 6 I think people may go crazy, but if we were to run the table heads will explode.

IM ALREADY GOING CRAZY!!! I HAVE MY FACE PAINT ON FOR TOMORROW!!!

• Upvote 1