• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You are setting yourself up!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

BULLS will win Saturday.                                                                                                                                                                              Maybe.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Or 0 - 7 :roflmao:

I don't care who you are, now that's funny!

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

I'm with some of the others.  Actually I'm hoping this is nothing more than a troll thread.  

Otherwise some of you have an absolute unhealthy need to whine and complain about something to the point of making up arguments.  

"Tether expectations",  "think we're Duke"  "don't get sucked in".   I mean really?   

99% of people on here have be doing nothing but hoping to be 6-6 this year.  That's not unrealistic expectations or "thinking we're duke".  Thats beating 2 teams we will be favored against (SMU & UCF) and pulling an upset on 1 of 4 teams (you guys do know what the term upset means, right?...as in we are not expected to win).   We don't play an SEC schedule (or this year maybe its B!G East schedule).  We've already played the best team on our schedule (FSU) and likely the best team in our conference (Memphis), and outside the beast that is Dalvin Cook, we weren't overmatched in either of those games.  We "could" beat any team left on our schedule.  We "could" lose to any team left on our schedule (outside maybe UCF).  I think people hoping to go 3-3 in those games is perfectly reasonable and realistic.  

And heaven forbid a fan base that has been through 4 straight absolute miserable seasons, gets a chance to finally see a glimmer of hope in their team and talk positive about it.  I'm sorry, I simply can't see going through life so miserable to not only take a pessimist outlook on everything, but also feel the need to piss in other people's cherrios too.  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'm with some of the others.  Actually I'm hoping this is nothing more than a troll thread.  

Otherwise some of you have an absolute unhealthy need to whine and complain about something to the point of making up arguments.  

"Tether expectations",  "think we're Duke"  "don't get sucked in".   I mean really?   

99% of people on here have be doing nothing but hoping to be 6-6 this year.  That's not unrealistic expectations or "thinking we're duke".  Thats beating 2 teams we will be favored against (SMU & UCF) and pulling an upset on 1 of 4 teams (you guys do know what the term upset means, right?...as in we are not expected to win).   We don't play an SEC schedule (or this year maybe its B!G East schedule).  We've already played the best team on our schedule (FSU) and likely the best team in our conference (Memphis), and outside the beast that is Dalvin Cook, we weren't overmatched in either of those games.  We "could" beat any team left on our schedule.  We "could" lose to any team left on our schedule (outside maybe UCF).  I think people hoping to go 3-3 in those games is perfectly reasonable and realistic.  

And heaven forbid a fan base that has been through 4 straight absolute miserable seasons, gets a chance to finally see a glimmer of hope in their team and talk positive about it.  I'm sorry, I simply can't see going through life so miserable to not only take a pessimist outlook on everything, but also feel the need to piss in other people's cherrios too.  

That's the straight shiznit right there. +1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

Wonderful.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Sorry, all I can say is that the team has played better the last couple of games. I am still skeptical about how good we are. Better than the last 2 years?  For sure. I am just not falling into the mind set that a lot of people on here do. We beat FAMU and they thought we were good enough to run the table. 

2 weeks ago the offense was unwatchable, couldn't make a first down and people were hoping Taggart was out during the bye week. We beat 2 less than average teams and some are talking extension already. Too funny. 

The offense still has put together a full 4 quarters of proficiency. After the first half vs UCONN people here were moaning about Taggart again. 

I am happy that at least the team is watchable again. Love the fact that we have a pulse again. Until we show it consistently and against good teams I remain skeptical. I will just watch the players develop and enjoy watching the team. Just not getting sucked in to thinking we are a good team yet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768

Better than the last 2 years?  For sure.

I'm pretty sure thats all people have been saying

I am just not falling into the mind set that a lot of people on here do.

Exactly what mind set is that?   That there is possibility that we go 3-3 the second half of the season and go to a bowl game?  What an awful unrealistic mindset. :rolleyes:

We beat FAMU and they thought we were good enough to run the table. 

:facepalm:   And here is the need to completely make up arguments.  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

The glass half full in the last 2 games is way better than the glass half empty.

Yes, you can say they only played one really good half of football in each game, they needed a trick play to score a TD in both games, and the defense has looked underwhelming on several drives in both games.

But glass half full.....We have found a way to win against opponents that were as good as us.  We started making clear 2nd half adjustments.  The defense made stops when they had to.  Our offense RESPONDED when they needed to.  We opened up the playbook and the game plan was head and shoulders better.  We are throwing the ball deep earlier in games to soften up the secondary.  Also, the widely criticized WR bubble screens that were terrible against Maryland have looked genius when they work and setup the deep ball on the bubble screen fake.

These are things we had to do to be successful and anyone that has criticized Taggart in the past (me included) is blind if you can't accept the fact that the last two weeks were better than we've seen in 2.3 years.  The truth is that Taggart is actually a decent head coach once he moves on from what is not working.  See Allen, Tom.  See offense, spread.  See playcalling, aggressive.

Winning does feel almost weird at this point, and a loss this weekend would be a huge step in the wrong direction, but as of today, things really do look like the glass is half full.

Edited by BrownBullsFan
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Yes, really, but my targets were not the guys out there hoping we can get the upset on a game or two. Look over my other posts before you label my response, I'm just as hopeful and energetic about the improvements we've seen the past couple of games. My point is we're not world-beaters yet and don't have the luxury of talking about for-sure wins, we just have some signs of finally getting out of the mud. String together some wins like the past couple of weeks and I'll pull out of my "misery" so you can safely eat your cheerios. ;)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Nope. 

We're still on track for the 5-7 season I predicted.