• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You are setting yourself up!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Sorry, all I can say is that the team has played better the last couple of games. I am still skeptical about how good we are. Better than the last 2 years?  For sure. I am just not falling into the mind set that a lot of people on here do. We beat FAMU and they thought we were good enough to run the table. 

2 weeks ago the offense was unwatchable, couldn't make a first down and people were hoping Taggart was out during the bye week. We beat 2 less than average teams and some are talking extension already. Too funny. 

The offense still has put together a full 4 quarters of proficiency. After the first half vs UCONN people here were moaning about Taggart again. 

I am happy that at least the team is watchable again. Love the fact that we have a pulse again. Until we show it consistently and against good teams I remain skeptical. I will just watch the players develop and enjoy watching the team. Just not getting sucked in to thinking we are a good team yet. 

Link?

I would like to see you repost where anyone mentioned these.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Link?

I would like to see you repost where anyone mentioned these.

I believe footnfan mentioned an extension

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

But how could they be jamming us if they don't know... if we're coming?

trap.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm pretty sure thats all people have been saying

Exactly what mind set is that?   That there is possibility that we go 3-3 the second half of the season and go to a bowl game?  What an awful unrealistic mindset. :rolleyes:

:facepalm:   And here is the need to completely make up arguments.  

I can't think of a SINGLE person on this site who thought, even briefly, that the win over FAMU meant a bowl game, let alone running the table.  None.  We won as we were supposed to.

You don't have to push all your chips to the middle on this being a turnaround...but you SHOULD recognize the improvement game to game, and take some joy in winning, as THAT is something we haven't seen in a LOOOOOONG time.  I'm not even saying we're going bowling or "we're back".   But we're the best since Holtz's first year, and we're fun to watch for the first time in about as long.  So, it's ok to be happy as a USF...enjoy.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I can't think of a SINGLE person on this site who thought, even briefly, that the win over FAMU meant a bowl game, let alone running the table.  None.  We won as we were supposed to.

You don't have to push all your chips to the middle on this being a turnaround...but you SHOULD recognize the improvement game to game, and take some joy in winning, as THAT is something we haven't seen in a LOOOOOONG time.  I'm not even saying we're going bowling or "we're back".   But we're the best since Holtz's first year, and we're fun to watch for the first time in about as long.  So, it's ok to be happy as a USF...enjoy.

QFT :icon_drink:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

This has the feel of a classic trap game. Just looking at SMU's Record would lead you to believe that this should be a cakewalk (USF favored by 13 1/2). However  when you look at their strength of schedule and talent, they are very capable of beating USF. On the other hand USF is coming off two big wins and their confidence is soaring . Even though with their past Record they have no right to be cocky human nature can take over.

With the coaches and players talking about the quality of SMU and challenge they present ,it appears that they recognize this also. Hopefully  it sinks in and they play well Saturday.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550

This has the feel of a classic trap game. Just looking at SMU's Record would lead you to believe that this should be a cakewalk (USF favored by 13 1/2). However  when you look at their strength of schedule and talent, they are very capable of beating USF. On the other hand USF is coming off two big wins and their confidence is soaring . Even though with their past Record they have no right to be cocky human nature can take over.

With the coaches and players talking about the quality of SMU and challenge they present ,it appears that they recognize this also. Hopefully  it sinks in and they play well Saturday.

Taggart knows his job is on the line this season

I don't think he's going to let up on any remaining game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

we play good in last 2 games

it is not unreasonable to expect we will keep playing well

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993