• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You are setting yourself up!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

The easiest role to play is that of the cautious contrarian. You didn't say anything at all in your post and nothing that pretty much everyone on this board has already expressed.  Were either of the last two games perfect?  No,  far from it. Tackling needs to improve,  kick return coverage needs to get better,  the team needs to get off to better starts, but, despite those issues,  we still found a way to win the games. Everyone agrees the betting line is inflated,  everyone is hoping to win this weekend,  against UCF, and somehow find at least 1 upset in the other 4 games. Enjoy it when the team wins,  come back and say I told you so when they lose....ahhhh, the life of the cautious contrarian! 

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Props to OP for keeping a tether on the inflated expectations now. I'd love to look back at cuse and say THAT was where we turned the corner, right there in that second half. But then there was that lethargic first half at UConn to keep my feet on the ground. I'm not floating just yet, but my hope is at a last-four-seasons high.

Uconn was tied 10-10 with BYU going into the 3rd Qtr.  They were beating Mizzou until late in the 4th.  It's not how you start, it is how you finish.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I don't think most of us think we're very good all of sudden.  just that there are a lot of areas of improvement.  UConn & Cuse may be better than Maryland...don't know.  But the quality of play for us has clearly stepped up nicely.

We haven't defeated a team with a winning record yet, so we know tough days lie ahead.  But if you don't feel BETTER about USF than you did after the MD game, there's really no point in following this team.  Just have a friend let you know once we hit 8 wins...this year, or 10 years from now.

Cuse had a winning record when we played them.  They were 3-1.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

Everyone wants to believe that the team has turned the corner (so do I). But if you watch the replay of the last two games, you will see that we have glaring weaknesses.

Yes, we won two games. And I'm happy. But may I remind everyone that we've only played half a game of decent football each time?

I think many people are converted over because of the Vegas line for this weekend's game and the one dude on ESPN picking us to go to a bowl.

SMU will not be a cakewalk... I've seen them play against Houston. If our defense doesn't show, it's going to be a long Saturday.

I'm going with maybe. Maybe we will win.

You have been warned! --The Force is not strong. Not yet!

The only corner we've turned is from sheety to crappy

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

until we beat a couple of good teams and make it to a bowl game again  I just repeat the same mantra I use in the first 6 or 7 games of the basketball season when we beat lower level teams and everyone always thinks we are the new Duke. 

Repeat after me....I won't get sucked in....I won't get sucked in...I won't get sucked in. 

We have played better the last couple of weeks  should beat SMU too.  We are going to have to beat at least 1 from the top half of the conference for a bowl game.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Coaches made adjustments at halftime.  The plan all along wasto unveil the inverted wishbone in the second half.  I think this is important to mention here.  I'm almost  a believer.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

OP makes a good point.  In both wins we did squat offensively in most of the first half.  Then we made adjustments.   This is good, but we won't be able to do this every time.  We can't afford to have a flat first half against SMU, Navy, or ECU.   I hope we come out aggressive.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

The easiest role to play is that of the cautious contrarian. You didn't say anything at all in your post and nothing that pretty much everyone on this board has already expressed.  Were either of the last two games perfect?  No,  far from it. Tackling needs to improve,  kick return coverage needs to get better,  the team needs to get off to better starts, but, despite those issues,  we still found a way to win the games. Everyone agrees the betting line is inflated,  everyone is hoping to win this weekend,  against UCF, and somehow find at least 1 upset in the other 4 games. Enjoy it when the team wins,  come back and say I told you so when they lose....ahhhh, the life of the cautious contrarian! 

Amen to this! O wish I could like it 100 times. These same people are the ones who said we didn't stand a chance in these games. Now we barely scraped by... come on man. We won both of those games decisively. We will win this one too. We held the best if not the second best offense in the conference to 27 points and we scored on them. All defenses we have played are better than what we play Saturday and we scored on those. We will be just fine you negative Nacys.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Cuse had a winning record when we played them.  They were 3-1.

I stand corrected...I was looking at their final season record:lmao: