• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive Progress

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

I think it had to be a flicker.  I just don't see how that could have been and improvisation.

Yeah I read in an article that they practiced that play a couple times in practice. 

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

The play calling was so out of the ordinary for CWT I wonder if it was Kinnan making the calls.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

The play calling was so out of the ordinary for CWT I wonder if it was Kinnan making the calls.

I had a brief conversation with a former assistant of Kinnan's that coached together for many years at Manatee. He told me that he spoke to Kinnan about the offense and Joe said that things will be changing as it's a process and expect to see some new stuff that they have been working on.

As for the flicker, I'm sure it was in the playbook as Kinnan loved to run the double pass in his days at Manatee when we were a run heavy team but I still think the WR had the option to toss back or turn on the jets for the end around.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

usf played one horrible unmotivated team

can we wait to see if that game was an aberration

The AAC is full of horrible, unmotivated teams, we will be fine this year...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Just think if you would have made that statement after our game with FAMU.  At 556 yards per game, USF offense on pace to lead the world.

We'd still be behind 7 other teams.... Baylor's stats are nuts!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/yardsPerGame

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Being homecoming,  anyone know if we had some recruits on the sideline? 

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Being homecoming,  anyone know if we had some recruits on the sideline? 

Game is away

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Game is away

He was asking about the Syracuse game

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

The talent on the team has been so low over the years that I think it affords CWT a larger margin of error. I kind of view it that in spite of CWT play calling and QB decisions there is enough talent to improve. I will watch the Cuse game one more time and break down the plays but I am sure a large percentage of the plays were gloried run plays (screens fwd toss etc) and runs. I don't think we have the right balance of true pass plays to be a good team yet, but if we can at least keep moving in that direction maybe CWT can save his job. Things could look a whole lot better with a good QB in the backfield and by then maybe CWT has developed into a better play caller. One thing is for sure the talent is better and that is in direct response to CWT philosophy.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

The talent on the team has been so low over the years that I think it affords CWT a larger margin of error. I kind of view it that in spite of CWT play calling and QB decisions there is enough talent to improve. I will watch the Cuse game one more time and break down the plays but I am sure a large percentage of the plays were gloried run plays (screens fwd toss etc) and runs. I don't think we have the right balance of true pass plays to be a good team yet, but if we can at least keep moving in that direction maybe CWT can save his job. Things could look a whole lot better with a good QB in the backfield and by then maybe CWT has developed into a better play caller. One thing is for sure the talent is better and that is in direct response to CWT philosophy.

I look forward to your analysis (not sarcasm).  I am not sure it matters if some of the plays were glorified passes as long as it keeps the defense from stacking 9 in the box.  

Being a team that wants to win by running the ball, I think the passing is used to keep the defense off balance/honest.  To that end, even an incomplete pass accomplishes that goal I would think.  Every pass (especially completed ones of course) I saw as a way to soften up the defense - and that seemed to be the case.

Edited by mark_my_words