• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Players only meeting...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

So, in what quarter do the fire taggart chants start?

they haven't started yet?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

So, in what quarter do the fire taggart chants start?

they haven't started yet?

I thought those started at halftime vs McNeese 

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I can't believe no one has called out CWT response. To paraphrase:

"Player only meetings can be good but if the actions on the field don't match then they are a waste of time"

Am I the only one floored by this response? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

He knows he's gone...   he is in "Come at me bro" stage

Someone else posted this, and I like it..  instead of fire taggert...  the sign should say "Free Willy"

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Lets see about some recent players only meetings:

1. Nov. 2011

2. Sept. 2012

3. Now

None of the prior meetings helped, so I wonder if this one is doomed to the same results.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

This makes perfect sense to me. We can have a revolving door at the coaching position OR the players can make plays. I don't look at the game and feel defeated before the first snap. I do see missed plays and opportunities. Head coach doesn't matter when your players don't show up, then the bulls nation gives them a pass and says it's the coaches fault... What if they are prepared properly for gane day, what if we do make adjustments over half time, what if the players simply are not executing?

"Player only meetings can be good but if the actions on the field don't match then they are a waste of time"

I'm floored it took this long for the players to take accountability for their missed opportunities.  The coaching staff has put them in positions of strength and for the most part they've missed opportunities.  If you fail at your job is it your bosses fault?  I had a rough year on the job part of last year and I own it.  My boss set me up for success and I didn't execute.  The ship was righted (by me) and things are much improved.  

Adams makes the catch and Abraham plays his position at MD and it's a very different game.  Fullwood stops playing powder puff at FSU and the game tone is different.  Players make plays when they need to.  The OL has stunk this year and gets pushed around like a bunch of wimps.  Sanchez played a good second half at MD, but needs to show up every play.  Price has done nothing.  Less than nothing this year and is being beaten out of his position by a true Freshman.  Fire CWT if it makes sense at the end of the year.  Who cares who coaches if players don't make plays.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

This makes perfect sense to me. We can have a revolving door at the coaching position OR the players can make plays. I don't look at the game and feel defeated before the first snap. I do see missed plays and opportunities. Head coach doesn't matter when your players don't show up, then the bulls nation gives them a pass and says it's the coaches fault... What if they are prepared properly for gane day, what if we do make adjustments over half time, what if the players simply are not executing?

I'm floored it took this long for the players to take accountability for their missed opportunities.  The coaching staff has put them in positions of strength and for the most part they've missed opportunities.  If you fail at your job is it your bosses fault?  I had a rough year on the job part of last year and I own it.  My boss set me up for success and I didn't execute.  The ship was righted (by me) and things are much improved.  

Adams makes the catch and Abraham plays his position at MD and it's a very different game.  Fullwood stops playing powder puff at FSU and the game tone is different.  Players make plays when they need to.  The OL has stunk this year and gets pushed around like a bunch of wimps.  Sanchez played a good second half at MD, but needs to show up every play.  Price has done nothing.  Less than nothing this year and is being beaten out of his position by a true Freshman.  Fire CWT if it makes sense at the end of the year.  Who cares who coaches if players don't make plays.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, that was an odd response from Taggart.  That statement seems to go with some recent player's observations/comments that when things go bad, it's the player's fault, but when the team does well, it's due to superior coaching.  I think that Taggart's response was not only off-putting, but it may be a sign of a troubling character flaw residing below his otherwise genial persona. 

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Go Bulls!

I think you guys are missing the point I don't think anyone thinks the kids are playing perfect. Let me ask you this way what do you think is the coaches job? l personally think the Coaches jobs is to get kids ready both mentally and physically. If they don't come out ready its on the players AND the coaches. You don't pass the buck, you man up and say we are going to do our part and get these young men ready to win and give it all they got.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

Taggart should be fine, UNTIL -- league play starts of with a couple of losses.