• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Players only meeting...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Taggart called the play that allowed Adams to streak down the field and be two yards behind the defender.  Adams flat out dropped the perfectly thrown TD ball.  No one failed except Adams.  Hope called the D that put Abraham covering the MD WR with 25 seconds to go in the half.  As a S your sole responsibility is to be as deep as the deepest.  Kid failed to make the play.  I'd bet my life no coach in the country is teaching the Fullwood tackling technique vs FSU.  He'd still be on the bench if I led the team sitting next to Price until the kid shows he wants to play. These kids are being put in a position to succeed.  Great fade play call vs. FSU.  Dillion has to want the ball.  He had a foot on the DB. I can understand Dillion (Fresh) not fully understanding his role.  I bet we'll see this call again this year and I bet he makes the play.  Six or eight plays a game change the game and kids must make plays.

Two great play calls were the mis-direction TD passes to Johnson (FAMU and FSU).  Caught them in the correct D and all 11 kids executed.  Outstanding results.  

So Taggart called 40 or so lousy play calls, and two good ones.  That makes me feel so much better.

Hard to call a good game when you have 10 plays to choose from. But he is digging his own grave by thinking QF can throw the ball better than he could in college. Its unfortunate that his pride and stubborness is what will end up digging his own grave at USF. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You have a "players only" meeting when you're convinced the guy making $1.15 million can't fix his team anymore.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Next CWT will be blaming the players for not filling the stadium up. They are clearly useless at everything. I sympathize with his anguish, it is tough to be an undisputed genius at your craft and have it ruined by your incompetent underlings.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

14 years in the military....

Failure is on leadership.....  ALWAYS....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

Agreed! It all starts with the top as they are the ones that are responsible for putting the team together to win

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-held-players-only-meeting/2246868

Coach Willie Taggart, whose team was victimized by penalties (10), dropped passes and botched coverages at Maryland, said such meetings can be beneficial if they're "genuine."

"If you're just doing it just to do it and you just talk about it and … your actions don't match your words, then it's just a waste of time," he said. "But I think what cures everything is making plays."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/usf-bulls-held-players-only-meeting/2246868

Coach Willie Taggart, whose team was victimized by penalties (10), dropped passes and botched coverages at Maryland, said such meetings can be beneficial if they're "genuine."

"If you're just doing it just to do it and you just talk about it and … your actions don't match your words, then it's just a waste of time," he said. "But I think what cures everything is making plays."

Thanks, also. Thought there may have been a little more to it. Skip hugged players and caught ****. CWT's holding them responsible and catching **** .... What cures everything is winning.

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

14 years in the military....

Failure is on leadership.....  ALWAYS....

Not around here it isn't. But I wouldn't worry.  Just as soon as Taggart gets rid of these players he recruited and gets in another group of players he recruited, then the team will be able to win.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

i blame the seniors. They were Skip's guys.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

But what if the meeting had wings from Publix?

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Same reasons kids fail in school.  Not on them.  On the leadership.  Teacher stinks, that's why Johnnie failed.  As for the military, don't get me started.  When in doubt drop a bomb.  No faith in the soldiers.  That's why we drop bombs.

Maybe i missed something...could you link to something where anyone has said that the players dont have responsibilty as well?

No one likes a leader that doesnt take responsibility for his team. The buck stops with him. That's why he will get fired and not the students.