• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Players only meeting...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Same reasons kids fail in school.  Not on them.  On the leadership.  Teacher stinks, that's why Johnnie failed.  As for the military, don't get me started.  When in doubt drop a bomb.  No faith in the soldiers.  That's why we drop bombs.

You do realize that the number one reason students aren't successful actually is the teacher, right? Well, unless you want to start blaming our failure on demographics.

https://www.gse.harvard.edu/news/13/01/study-teacher-performance-tied-student-achievement

And I won't touch the other part, it will be more fun to let the military guys on here have at it.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Same reasons kids fail in school.  Not on them.  On the leadership.  Teacher stinks, that's why Johnnie failed.  As for the military, don't get me started.  When in doubt drop a bomb.  No faith in the soldiers.  That's why we drop bombs.

You do realize that the number one reason students aren't successful actually is the teacher, right? Well, unless you want to start blaming our failure on demographics.

https://www.gse.harvard.edu/news/13/01/study-teacher-performance-tied-student-achievement

And I won't touch the other part, it will be more fun to let the military guys on here have at it.

Having worked in education a long time, the involvement of parents at the K-12 level is also a huge indicator of student success/failure. In this case Taggart is the surrogate parent.

I also won't touch the military comment.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Having worked in education a long time, the involvement of parents at the K-12 level is also a huge indicator of student success/failure. In this case Taggart is the surrogate parent.

I also won't touch the military comment.

Absolutely. And that is more often than not tied to demographics.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

:backtotopic:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

But what if the meeting had wings from Publix?

ohnoyoudidnt.jpg

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

You've obviously never served in the military or been in harm's way - and if you have, WTF! Let's stick to the USF talk before I unleash my wife on here - the Intelligence Operations I took part in while serving in the Navy are nothing compared to what she dealt with daily while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan for two years. I wouldn't wish what she saw on anyone - there's a reason why she left MI to become a physician (and it wasn't to cure my STD's from those UCF coeds). 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

You've obviously never served in the military or been in harm's way - and if you have, WTF! Let's stick to the USF talk before I unleash my wife on here - the Intelligence Operations I took part in while serving in the Navy are nothing compared to what she dealt with daily while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan for two years. I wouldn't wish what she saw on anyone - there's a reason why she left MI to become a physician (and it wasn't to cure my STD's from those UCF coeds). 

I'm with you Terry, bausfkid is stepping on a hornets nest if he continues in this direction.  My six years were a cake walk compared to compatriots who lost limbs and worse in the Middle East.  You might want to take a mini sabbatical from TBP bausfkid before you get verbally pummeled.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Sheriff, from a guy who was there....team meeting this early on..does it mean anything? What do you see from this team that we may be missing? We can only guess, but I know you've been in that locker room..maybe you see some things that we don't with this team/coach.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Our society's shift to "its always someone else's fault that I failed" is my point.  If Harlan decides to terminate CWT contract today or at the end of the season I'm cool with it.  It will continue USF's commuter coach carousel.  At the end of the day everyone has to be accountable for their piece of the success or failure.  I vividly remember getting a D in a class at USF.  I earned every bit of the grade.  Not the teacher's fault, mine.  I failed to execute and knew the play.  

Your problem, Bausfkid, is that you continue to think that a couple of bonehead plays by USF players has been the difference between winning and losing spectacularly.  Sorry to burst your bubble, but different results in those bonehead plays would not have made a significant difference in the outcome.  Every team, that's a winner, overcomes those bad plays during the game but USF has not been able to, no matter who the players happen to be.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Our society's shift to "its always someone else's fault that I failed" is my point.  If Harlan decides to terminate CWT contract today or at the end of the season I'm cool with it.  It will continue USF's commuter coach carousel.  At the end of the day everyone has to be accountable for their piece of the success or failure.  I vividly remember getting a D in a class at USF.  I earned every bit of the grade.  Not the teacher's fault, mine.  I failed to execute and knew the play.  

Your problem, Bausfkid, is that you continue to think that a couple of bonehead plays by USF players has been the difference between winning and losing spectacularly.  Sorry to burst your bubble, but different results in those bonehead plays would not have made a significant difference in the outcome.  Every team, that's a winner, overcomes those bad plays during the game but USF has not been able to, no matter who the players happen to be.  

We keep bringing up the point Maryland threw 3 picks. The people just don't want to listen. It's college football, every team is going to have dropped passes and blown plays. You get back up like MD did and you overcome.