• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggarts record

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Games USF scored less than 22 points:

3 - 19

3 wins are

2013 Uconn 13-10

2014 uconn 17-14

2014 SMU 14-13

Games USF scores 22 or more points:

4 - 1

4 wins are:

2013 Cincy 26-20

2014 western Carolina 36-31

2014 Tulsa 38-30

2015 FAMU 51-3

So you're saying, go with SB because he scores more points???
wasn't the Cincy game in 2013 the game where we scored all of our points on defense or special teams?

I can't remember, but I know it was part of "the great back-to-back win streak of 2013."

Is that CWT's all-time best streak?

Yes his best win streak was with Holtz players....hummmm

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

3 - 19

3 wins are

2013 Uconn 13-10

2014 uconn 17-14

2014 SMU 14-13

4 - 1

4 wins are:

2013 Cincy 26-20

2014 Tulsa 38-30

2015 FAMU 51-3

wasn't the Cincy game in 2013 the game where we scored all of our points on defense or special teams?

I can't remember, but I know it was part of "the great back-to-back win streak of 2013."

Is that CWT's all-time best streak?

Yes his best win streak was with Holtz players....hummmm

On no you didn.  Made me lol

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Last week we were in that game and let it get away.

I will agree that the play calling was more than questionable at times in the game.

Two bad plays on offense and it was like a cannon ball hit our sail.

The dropped pass on the deep ball and the collision of two players in the endzone breaking up another td proved to kill us.

It was a very ugly game that we just didn't take advantage of and allowed a broken play to give up a late first half score.

All and all I don't think we will be in bad shape when it comes to conference games.

Three games in and most of us will admit that it's a better team and performance that last year.

Hell, we played FSU on the road tough which makes me feel like we have the potential to compete and win.

No we just have to rid those mental mistakes and we will be fine.

Sorry, not buying just yet.  The only game we may win is UCONN, maybe UCF, and that is a maybe.  It is now entirely possible that we may not win another game this year.  That is not "sky is falling mentality"  it is looking at how every other team we play has performed so far this year vs. how we have looked.  

I'm sorry but how can you base your thoughts of possible wins or I guess losses in your case on how everyone else has played up to this point?

Um, that is how Vegas does it, that is how the playoff committee does it.  That is how everyone in America does it.  

So, you say we "maybe" beat UCF how gave up nearly 500 yards at home to Furman?

Yes, I think that may be our most winnable game.  

The logic seems to be faulty in MHO.

?

Defense was playing great up until that last game, and I think we are all still wondering what happened.

We are 1-2, with that win coming to maybe the worst team in college football. 

FSU wore us down, Maryland kept our line out of the backfield(which was our staple to start), and we were getting scoring chances.

We will continue to make excuses like this every time we lose.

Some bad play calls and a few dumb plays on the payers parts and we lost worse than what the scoreboard reflected.

It is what it is, scoreboard.  

We will be fine and everyone just needs to relax and get behind this team.

Been saying/hearing that for five years now.  Getting behind a team does not help with W/L column.  

I see more fight in this team than all of the last five years. 

Does fight come with Ws?

"

Some bad play calls and a few dumb plays on the payers parts and we lost worse than what the scoreboard reflected.

It is what it is, scoreboard.  "

When I see this I want to understand why the missed plays we have count as potential points for us but the 3 picks for MD don't count as potential for an even more enormous blow out. If we play what if equally MD has another potential 21 points or so.

^ Exactly. And there are some on here that speak of missed opportunities like we are the only team in the country that has them. Every team even Alabama, even Oregon, even the best of the best have missed opportunities and mistakes every week. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

3 - 19

3 wins are

2013 Uconn 13-10

2014 uconn 17-14

2014 SMU 14-13

4 - 1

4 wins are:

2013 Cincy 26-20

2014 Tulsa 38-30

2015 FAMU 51-3

Sure was! Cincy had a player on the team die days before the game too and their play showed it. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Appreciate the raw stats Gismo...interesting.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Last week we were in that game and let it get away.

I will agree that the play calling was more than questionable at times in the game.

Two bad plays on offense and it was like a cannon ball hit our sail.

The dropped pass on the deep ball and the collision of two players in the endzone breaking up another td proved to kill us.

It was a very ugly game that we just didn't take advantage of and allowed a broken play to give up a late first half score.

All and all I don't think we will be in bad shape when it comes to conference games.

Three games in and most of us will admit that it's a better team and performance that last year.

Hell, we played FSU on the road tough which makes me feel like we have the potential to compete and win.

No we just have to rid those mental mistakes and we will be fine.

Sorry, not buying just yet. The only game we may win is UCONN, maybe UCF, and that is a maybe. It is now entirely possible that we may not win another game this year. That is not "sky is falling mentality" it is looking at how every other team we play has performed so far this year vs. how we have looked.

I'm sorry but how can you base your thoughts of possible wins or I guess losses in your case on how everyone else has played up to this point?

Um, that is how Vegas does it, that is how the playoff committee does it. That is how everyone in America does it.

So, you say we "maybe" beat UCF how gave up nearly 500 yards at home to Furman?

Yes, I think that may be our most winnable game.

The logic seems to be faulty in MHO.

?

Defense was playing great up until that last game, and I think we are all still wondering what happened.

We are 1-2, with that win coming to maybe the worst team in college football.

FSU wore us down, Maryland kept our line out of the backfield(which was our staple to start), and we were getting scoring chances.

We will continue to make excuses like this every time we lose.

It is what it is, scoreboard.

We will be fine and everyone just needs to relax and get behind this team.

Been saying/hearing that for five years now. Getting behind a team does not help with W/L column.

I see more fight in this team than all of the last five years.

Does fight come with Ws?

"

It is what it is, scoreboard. "

When I see this I want to understand why the missed plays we have count as potential points for us but the 3 picks for MD don't count as potential for an even more enormous blow out. If we play what if equally MD has another potential 21 points or so.

^ Exactly. And there are some on here that speak of missed opportunities like we are the only team in the country that has them. Every team even Alabama, even Oregon, even the best of the best have missed opportunities and mistakes every week.
Awesome some quote on quote action...

Where you at GA?

JTrue can you pls explain this to me? Thx

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

If we are going to lose I'd rather lose like Holtz, by a score late in the game vs being blown out. Because those heartbreakers should be easier to fix. I mean the blow outs are bad. I was explaining it to a non football fan and they said it sounds like they are competing on too high a level.

Look at the games we have won, it really looks like Taggart is out of his league.

Even the wins at WKU he appeared to luck into them. And he had two NFL caliber RBs.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777

Other than the FAMU game Taggart coaches teams have not had a commanding lead on any team. The offense does not control the clock which is what Taggart wants to do. That is why he has an emphasis on the run game and the limitation on the passing game. For his team scheme to work the defense must be stellar and the offense must be efficient. Right now the defense is good and the offense has yet to come around.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Awesome some quote on quote action...

Where you at GA?

JTrue can you pls explain this to me? Thx

Normally, you have to pay double for quote on quote action.