• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I don't care what the scoreboard says...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

Flowers is a dynamic playmaker, but his accuracy leaves something to be desired.  I was frustrated by the number of screen calls early in the game.  Kid can make those slant routes work.  He doesn't have the accuracy for the deep ball yet.  

In time he can be a good QB.  For now he's athletic but average.  

Defense played very well, besides tackling Cook.  But he's NFL talent.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Trom,

QF is a competitor and it looks like he has a short memory, which is good for a QB, but his throws are either rainbows or off the mark a lot.  Until he fixes that, USF will struggle on offense against decent defenses.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

^ we don't have an intermediate passing game.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Horrible how???? He's the reason we're in the game

Jeez, here we go again....are you related to QF or something ?

QF played a good controlled game, but the fact is he can't throw and/or accurately.

No we're not related. I'm just trying to get a gage on what you expect from a sophomore quarterback in Tallahassee vs.a extremely talented defense and secondary.

Did he miss a couple passes yes. Did he cost us the game? Did he put the team in jeopardy? I would say no to both. He made it competitive and kept us in the game. We only have so many weapons and we did what we could. FSU'S quarterback didn't fare too much better, if not for Cook... I mean who could have been back there to make you happy? What could have been done differently by the quarterback?

We go in expecting to get blown out and since that didn't happen we're pissed at the offense and qb???

Completely absurd. Bench was promised playing time. and got zero.

Link/proof?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Horrible how???? He's the reason we're in the game

Jeez, here we go again....are you related to QF or something ?

QF played a good controlled game, but the fact is he can't throw and/or accurately.

No we're not related. I'm just trying to get a gage on what you expect from a sophomore quarterback in Tallahassee vs.a extremely talented defense and secondary.

Did he miss a couple passes yes. Did he cost us the game? Did he put the team in jeopardy? I would say no to both. He made it competitive and kept us in the game. We only have so many weapons and we did what we could. FSU'S quarterback didn't fare too much better, if not for Cook... I mean who could have been back there to make you happy? What could have been done differently by the quarterback?

We go in expecting to get blown out and since that didn't happen we're pissed at the offense and qb???

Completely absurd. Bench was promised playing time. and got zero.

Link/proof?

I actually recall a tweet from reporter Bench would get playing time in this game

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

3 years to develop a qb and this?

Targeting?

Lie to bench?

Sorry but that's 3 strikes. I'm over taggy

Just email Harlan and let him know how many hundreds of thousands of dollars you are willing to kick in for his buyout.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

So what? Sometimes a game plan is made and changed. Bench is the BACK UP QB" he will get playing time when we are either getting blown out or are blowing someone away. Many on this board have complained about WT not sticking with one QB before. Bench wouldn't have made a difference in this game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Trom,

QF is a competitor and it looks like he has a short memory, which is good for a QB, but his throws are either rainbows or off the mark a lot. Until he fixes that, USF will struggle on offense against decent defenses.

I mean I hear you. I just don't get how the 2nd throwing td play happens if he can't throw, Or the 3rd and long dropped pass, or the play at the end of the game? Those were beautiful to me. The ones towards the sidelines were a little off. He created opportunities with his feet but failed to connect I agree. And the deep ball over the middle and on the edge were a hair off. BUT this is the second hand of the season against #11 in the country in their house... I thought he played a darn good game considering what we were expecting. I mean did our offense ever feel anemic??? I felt we were always a throw or broken tackle away.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Trom,

QF is a competitor and it looks like he has a short memory, which is good for a QB, but his throws are either rainbows or off the mark a lot. Until he fixes that, USF will struggle on offense against decent defenses.

I mean I hear you. I just don't get how the 2nd throwing td play happens if he can't throw, Or the 3rd and long dropped pass, or the play at the end of the game? Those were beautiful to me. The ones towards the sidelines were a little off. He created opportunities with his feet but failed to connect I agree. And the deep ball over the middle and on the edge were a hair off. BUT this is the second hand of the season against #11 in the country in their house... I thought he played a darn good game considering what we were expecting. I mean did our offense ever feel anemic??? I felt we were always a throw or broken tackle away.

The second TD was a rainbow, like I said.  You'd have to be more specific on the others

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Trom,

The second TD was a rainbow, like I said. You'd have to be more specific on the others

There's no reason for it not to be a rainbow when the WR has nobody within 20yds of him. Just lay it out there for the kid and let him run.