• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU point spread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

In the CWT Era 4 losses of 28 or greater all at home:

2013 McNeese State 53-21 (-32)

2013 Miami Hurricanes 49-21 (-28)

2013 Louisville Cardinals 34-3 (-31)

2014 NC State Wolfpack 49-17 (-32)

I think 28.5 is too large and USF will cover. Think Wisconsin and Michigan State. Defense has not been the issue the offense has been the problem.

FSU is better than those teams.  Still, I'm hoping we keep it close, and somehow make some big plays early to put pressure on FSU & keep the fans quiet.

And much deeper. I think our defense will be gassed, since I'm thinking our offense will experience lots of 3-and-outs.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

In the CWT Era 4 losses of 28 or greater all at home:

2013 McNeese State 53-21 (-32)

2013 Miami Hurricanes 49-21 (-28)

2013 Louisville Cardinals 34-3 (-31)

2014 NC State Wolfpack 49-17 (-32)

I think 28.5 is too large and USF will cover. Think Wisconsin and Michigan State. Defense has not been the issue the offense has been the problem.

FSU is better than those teams.  Still, I'm hoping we keep it close, and somehow make some big plays early to put pressure on FSU & keep the fans quiet.

And much deeper. I think our defense will be gassed, since I'm thinking our offense will experience lots of 3-and-outs.

That's the key. In 2009, BJD was not that great throwing the ball. I think he hit 2 big ones on busted coverage plays, but, where he excelled was with his legs and keeping drives alive so that the defense could rest up. BJ was gassed in that game though and it was a race against the clock to see if he could hold up until the final whistle.

The defense won that game in 2009, and they did it from the get-go. Allen lit up a WR over the middle I think on their 1st drive, then, the LeJiste hit that we all remember. That is what it will take to win this game. No mistakes by the offense, keep drives alive, and the defense needs to create turnovers and set the tone early.

80% chance of rain in Tally on saturday, that may help us if the field is sloppy and everyone takes the air out of the ball a bit.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I like that Golson had a good game...maybe he gets overconfident and a pick or two causes him to unravel a bit. Cook is the bigger issue. And the biggest is Jimbo...can't argue that he's one of the best coaches in college right now.

I say we lose but cover.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

I like that Golson had a good game...maybe he gets overconfident and a pick or two causes him to unravel a bit. Cook is the bigger issue. And the biggest is Jimbo...can't argue that he's one of the best coaches in college right now.

I say we lose but cover.

One good corner blitz on his blindside and we could be force them to ride Cook and I will take my chances against him on the ground over an air attack.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What's the money line on this game? I have $100 to blow lol

USF: +2500

FSU: -5000

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

What's the money line on this game? I have $100 to blow lol

USF: +2500

FSU: -5000

Thanks man. The only thing better than an upset over FSU is to make money from it. Of course, none of this happens without a small miracle.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

I think we can win if the boys play like they have nothing to lose. we have to keep out turnovers very low and force fsu into turnovers and capitalize on them with td's off to's

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Keep FSU under 21 points and we have a good chance to win.

Anything over 21 points, we will need a lot of offensive magic.

I BULLIEVE! GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Not sure why my quote function isn't working, but anyways, about the post that said this FSU team is better than the Mich St and Wisc teams we played.  Wisc, Maybe, but MSU, Not True!  The MSU team we hung with (and shut down on defense by the way) ended up going 13-1 and winning the Rose Bowl.  The FSU teams of the Winston era may have been better, but this current FSU team is NOT better than the MSU team we played.  Look up MSU's season from the year we played them!  Wisc also won their division and played in Big Ten champ game the year we played them, and that was also a competitive game.

Not saying we'll win this game, but I think you're underestimating our ability to play competitively with FSU.  A bad sun belt Texas State team was right there for 1/2 game, before getting demolished in second half ONLY.   I know for 100% fact we're better than Texas State!