• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why go to Bench so early?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Q obviously struggles to throw the ball in the pocket. Why wouldn't we let Q air it out more before pulling him? Kinda seems like a missed opportunity if he's going to be the guy going into FSU next week.

That's about the only thing I didn't understand...

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Why? Did you see the game? QF is basically a running back. I'd like to see him finish the season without injury. My biggest fear of this offense is injuries to the backfield.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Because QF is NOT a Div 1 QB.  Against better teams, he will struggle more and the offense will end up being as one-dimensional as it was in the first half.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

Or... He proved everything he need to. He scored with both his legs and arm. He commanded the offense and ran it the way it should be run. Did you want him to have more throwing TD's or something? They told bench he would get the second outing and he did, there was nothing left for Flowers to show us. After the gitters wore off he looked really good. But I know some people on TBP need something to fuss about. We can't afford to be happy with Both QB's driving up the field, scoring with their arm and their legs... USF SCORED 51 POINTS!!!! Taggart's  offense scored 51 points. Who would have thought???

Edited by TromBull12
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Q obviously struggles to throw the ball in the pocket. Why wouldn't we let Q air it out more before pulling him? Kinda seems like a missed opportunity if he's going to be the guy going into FSU next week.

That's about the only thing I didn't understand...

I liked pulling starters early, but agree that not letting QF work on his long game was a mistake.  He clearly needs it.  Adams beat his guy by 5 yards, but QF under threw by 10, leading to the INT.  I will say that QF was pressured, so maybe that took something off his pass.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Because QF is NOT a Div 1 QB.  Against better teams, he will struggle more and the offense will end up being as one-dimensional as it was in the first half.  

My biggest concern was that FAMU didn't seem to fear the pass from QF, so they stacked the run.  Not 8 in the Box...but clearly more focused on the run.

It was game 1, so I'm reserving on this, but he won't get those scramble TDs v good teams (usually)...but he does show good balance & instincts when scrambling.  Watching Price & Johnson keep working to give him targets was refreshing, as that's been my knock on our WRs for years.  In fact, on one such scramble (maybe the TD), a WRs was waving his hand...while barely moving, and clearly covered.  Every one needs to spread out & keep working to give a troubled QB a target.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

So this is type of season we are in for? We haven't had a big win in a while, and when we get one all people can do is *****? I think they were thinking the that they don't want FSU to have a lot of film on Flowers. If he is going to start that game, I think they want to try to keep him a surprise.

I'm not sure the oline can protect Bench. He was quickly sacked after coming in by FAMU. What would happen when you face a team with a better front 4? I think Flowers is there to scramble like a mo'fo.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Personnel management is a concern about Taggart. Perhaps he could have let Flowers stay in and work on his passing game a bit longer, but it really was not a big deal to me. More worrisome was leaving Mack in so deep into the game. Mack is a proven guy. Why leave a RB in so long? If it was to let him work on picking up his pass blocking assignments fine, but they kept giving him the ball.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

I think they aren't sure who's best at qb.. Flowers and incredible athlete, but i seriously don't believe the kid can even see in the pocket.. I actually prefer bench at qb, he gives us the opportunity to actually throw the ball also, u won't beat many teams just running the ball.. Watch Fsu load the box n man up on the outside, keep flowers in the pocket n u either have a short gain, loss of yards, or a pass just tossed up because he couldn't see over the linemen