• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

I agree that there are differences within the two offensive schemes, but it is not as if Motley wasn't getting any reps. He was in on designed plays and was clearly the teams backup QB option. I'm just saying that skill set wise they arrive similar and both OSU and FSU obviously have some athletes and playmakers on defense. Should be interesting to see how QF does.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Watching the OSU v. VT game last night, I was able to see young Brenden Motley come in to the game as QB when VT's starter went down with a painful injury (broken collarbone). I saw a lot of QF in watching Motely in that game. Like QF, no other college wanted him as a QB and he was considered a good athlete out of high school. (Both were 3 Star/5.5 rated). His numbers against OSU were serviceable (4/9 for 36 yards, 1 TD, I INT; 7 carries for 17 yards). I could see QF having a similar type of game against FSU. Something in the 10/20 for 120 yards, 1 TD 1 INT range. I don't think that type of performance would be enough to win (without our running game and defense creating a lot of points), but I wonder how everyone on here would react if that is the type of day that he has? 

I can almost guarantee he is going to struggle. if you honestly think he will come out and do anything different you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

this will be his 3rd career start he is essentially a redshirt freshman. that being said Bench would struggle as well.

they were a playoff team last year and national champions the year before. we were 4-8 and 2-10. odds are our entire team will struggle.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Stop with your odds

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Good quarterbacks find holes in the defense and throw to guys who are open. That's the point, if there are defenders around and he has to thread the needle one would assume he would either run or do just that. I don't understandthe argument.

There is an argument solely because Databull has determined there should be one. 

I've seen several other people make the same arguments as I have.  Do you only read my posts?  I'm flattered.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Good quarterbacks find holes in the defense and throw to guys who are open. That's the point, if there are defenders around and he has to thread the needle one would assume he would either run or do just that. I don't understandthe argument.

There is an argument solely because Databull has determined there should be one. 

I've seen several other people make the same arguments as I have.  Do you only read my posts?  I'm flattered.

Sorry.  How about this:

The argument has perpetuated as far as it has solely because Databull has determined it should.

Better?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I feel we should employ a duel QB system

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

I agree. We should have two QBs in the game at all times so they wont know who is getting ball. :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

That is exactly what I think hey will be doing. Flowers will start and Bench will close. We will try to keep fresh players on the field, and why not rotate in a fresh qb who has been able to scout the d for a couple of quarters? Smoke & mirrors boys. We need trickeration to try to get W's out of these tough games.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I think Flowers is in for a big game on the ground this Saturday, and I'm anxious to see how FSU accounts for him without leaving the slot guys or TEs open in the middle of the field. My only question is can Flowers hit those guys on short/intermediate routes when they do get open, and can he do it under duress..

• Upvote 1