Flowers

Skingraft

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I loved how he kept his eyes down field on the TD scramble touchdown .. Great athletic play!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Again I ask are interceptions really going to be that a big a deal when you've got this defense backing you up?

All depends on what side of the field you are on. At least Bench has the confidence to throw to the middle. Neither QB has all the tools and we'll need both of them.

Funny the guy on the radio said that when bench took that first sack that maybe he is starting to learn not to force the ball over the middle. that was his problem with all the picks. trying to force the ball.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

Again I ask are interceptions really going to be that a big a deal when you've got this defense backing you up?

Absolutely.  This is a team based on a power run game.  We aren't going to score 30 points every game, especially if we can't throw all that well. We only win with low turnover counts.  

Taggart allegedly picked Flowers because he turns the ball over less.  If he keeps turning the ball over, Bench will be in there.  

:roflmao:    I almost got that last sentence out without laughing.

He only turned it over once so come on its not like he gave it up 4 times.

Hence "if he keeps turning the ball over".

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  19,536
  • Days Won:  24

So we are going to pick out every little thing that isn't perfect, good to know.

Every little thing?  The guy simply cannot throw the way a DI QB should be able to. 

He has skills, no doubt about that.  He can scramble and make things happen.  I don't see how this is going to work against FSU, however. 

Bench came in throwing darts, night and day really.  On the other hand he isn't the magician with his legs that Flowers is.

I'll tell you one thing for sure though, the receivers had to have been rooting hard for Bench to win the job.

I beg to differ. That 2nd touchdown pass to D. Johnson was pretty. I'm also not mad at the Top 10 highlight he had on ESPN not to mention his escape ability. he took a few plays that should have been negative and willed them to succeed. I like Bench's throwing ability but I did clinch up a few times when he tossed the ball. I feel like he tries to force things, but overall I'm happy with both quarterbacks. i just like defending the guy who earned the starting job.

That 2nd touchdown pass to D Johnson was a big ol' rainbow.  Bench's first pass was a dart in the middle of the field that QF would never be able to complete.  QF has running ability that Bench doesn't have.  I tend to think the RBs are around to run the ball and the QB should be there to throw it.  It's not like Bench is a statue back there.  

I fully support QF and I hope he proves that he can keep finding the wide open receivers to throw to and make the offense work.  More importantly, I hope he doesn't turn the ball over, because I am starting to think we might have a very good defense.

This is irrelevant.  It was great to get the win we would like to have on Opening Day.  Baby steps, we haven't had one of these in a while.  So that is improvement.  Let's see where the season goes from here and who can take us there.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

So we are going to pick out every little thing that isn't perfect, good to know.

Every little thing?  The guy simply cannot throw the way a DI QB should be able to. 

He has skills, no doubt about that.  He can scramble and make things happen.  I don't see how this is going to work against FSU, however. 

Bench came in throwing darts, night and day really.  On the other hand he isn't the magician with his legs that Flowers is.

I'll tell you one thing for sure though, the receivers had to have been rooting hard for Bench to win the job.

I beg to differ. That 2nd touchdown pass to D. Johnson was pretty. I'm also not mad at the Top 10 highlight he had on ESPN not to mention his escape ability. he took a few plays that should have been negative and willed them to succeed. I like Bench's throwing ability but I did clinch up a few times when he tossed the ball. I feel like he tries to force things, but overall I'm happy with both quarterbacks. i just like defending the guy who earned the starting job.

That 2nd touchdown pass to D Johnson was a big ol' rainbow.  Bench's first pass was a dart in the middle of the field that QF would never be able to complete.  QF has running ability that Bench doesn't have.  I tend to think the RBs are around to run the ball and the QB should be there to throw it.  It's not like Bench is a statue back there.  

I fully support QF and I hope he proves that he can keep finding the wide open receivers to throw to and make the offense work.  More importantly, I hope he doesn't turn the ball over, because I am starting to think we might have a very good defense.

This is irrelevant.  It was great to get the win we would like to have on Opening Day.  Baby steps, we haven't had one of these in a while.  So that is improvement.  Let's see where the season goes from here and who can take us there.

you act as though Bench has never thrown a bad pass. the guys on the radio were impressed when Bench took that sack right before that pass. they thought maybe he was starting to understand that you can't force everything at risk of throwing easy picks. Flowers floated that ball in there . all QBs do it. especially when they are scrambling and it gives his WR time to find a soft spot in the defense.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

Pass to Johnson was a beautiful throw.  Didn't need to be a bullet, but let Johnson run under it.  He was wide open.

Let me reiterate for those of you who question.  Flowers has a stronger arm than Bench.  And it's NOT debatable.  Flowers can throw the ball 65 yards.  As evidenced several times in his HS tape.  He really can.

The ball he floated, he was hit as he was throwing and never set feet.

He really has no arm though. I was watching with an impartial observer, said that he is like "if you subbed in a WR at QB on Madden and just ran around" he laughed and said that was entirely accurate. He can get away with those sort of plays against FAMU, but that likely won't fly starting next week, when probably 10 out of 11 guys on defense are as fast/faster than he is. 

I thought Bench looked good. I'm not partial to either QB, but there will be some ugly games passing wise from Flowers.. think 7/21 for 65 yd type days. 

A guy with 'no arm' can throw the ball 65 yards?.  It is an absolute fact that he can throw the ball over 60 yards.  I've seen it on his tape.  Do you know how many QB's in the entire world can throw a ball 65 yards, including NFL QB's.  Grothe couldn't.  Bench can't.  Daniels could but he has an absolute cannon.    

• Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Pass to Johnson was a beautiful throw.  Didn't need to be a bullet, but let Johnson run under it.  He was wide open.

Let me reiterate for those of you who question.  Flowers has a stronger arm than Bench.  And it's NOT debatable.  Flowers can throw the ball 65 yards.  As evidenced several times in his HS tape.  He really can.

Wouldn't NOT debatable mean we wouldn't have people debating it?

Wouldn't NOT debatable mean we wouldn't have people debating it?

Then they are flat wrong.  I have seen and pointed out to this board, that he threw the ball OVER 60 yards on his high school tape.  This is not debatable.  It stands to reason that he can throw even further now.  Do you have eyes in your head.  Then you can see him throw it over 60 on tape.  You can't deny or debate that.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not debating his arm strength, just the fact that he puts too much air under nearly every pass I've seen from him.

• Upvote 1