• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woulard Seeking Waver to Play this Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Come on, NCAA.

After how Flowers opened up camp... the NCAA can take their time on that waiver. That kid is taking the next step. Who said he had no arm? Seems like a lot of people might be tasting crow for a change. If he's made the jump... this team goes bowling and makes some noise in the conference.

Im holding off on the champagne until after I've seen him throw in person. I watched him live last summer and during the season, so pardon me if I'm still skeptical.

I'm not basing anything on a true freshman showing up to campus and throwing in the summer for the first time.  Didn't know the offense, the college game, or the WR.  Had no coaching up... he was just raw.  This guy today is not raw, he appears to be picking up the college game.  I don't actually mind your skepticism.  You're entitled given what we've had for the past few years... but I think the musical chairs at QB is about to end.  We found our guy.  

No, you're basing it on a true sophomore showing up to camp and throwing on the first day. I hope he has turned into a great player, but it seems reasonable to to temper your expectations a bit.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Come on, NCAA.

After how Flowers opened up camp... the NCAA can take their time on that waiver. That kid is taking the next step. Who said he had no arm? Seems like a lot of people might be tasting crow for a change. If he's made the jump... this team goes bowling and makes some noise in the conference.
Im holding off on the champagne until after I've seen him throw in person. I watched him live last summer and during the season, so pardon me if I'm still skeptical.

I'm not basing anything on a true freshman showing up to campus and throwing in the summer for the first time. Didn't know the offense, the college game, or the WR. Had no coaching up... he was just raw. This guy today is not raw, he appears to be picking up the college game. I don't actually mind your skepticism. You're entitled given what we've had for the past few years... but I think the musical chairs at QB is about to end. We found our guy.

No, you're basing it on a true sophomore YOU DID NOT SEE showing up to camp and throwing on the first day. I hope he has turned into a great player, but it seems reasonable to to temper your expectations a bit.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

CWT said yesterday that it is highly unlikely that Woulard will get the approval. It is up to Flowers or Bench to shine.

According to reports, he did not say "highly unlikely" he said "not really" expecting him to get the waiver.

WHY>>>would he say that at all? Not sure if it matters, but if I was HC, I'd say, "It's out of our control, but we believe we've made a strong case for a waiver and now we have to see what the NCAA says. In the meantime, I'm focused on the team cleared to play."Why get quoted saying you have low expectations? Makes it sound like you don't feel you have a case. Not sure if anyone at the NCAA would hear this...but they are human, too. If they did, it'd be pretty easy to say, "If the coach doesn't think it's a strong case, why should WE?".

Here's what he said, in total. Sounds to me like he was just being honest about what he thought AW's chances were and then went on to say the second part of what you said he should have:Forty-eight hours before the Bulls' first practice, Coach Willie Taggart said he's "not really" optimistic of transfer QB Asiantii Woulard being granted an NCAA waiver that would allow him to play immediately."I'm just locked in to the guys that I know are gonna be eligible, and when they tell us he can play we'll lock into him as well," Taggart said at the American Athletic Conference media day Tuesday in Newport, R.I."It will be great for our football team; we're just glad to have him in our program."http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/media-day-notes-for-now-woulard-still-a-practice-player/2239947

Thx Trip for posting the clarification. The way CWTs qoutes are being diced up and spun lately you would think he is running for president of the US.

It's one of the reasons I'm kind of a stickler for links. Over the years, I've seen far too much ******** that people have tried to pass off as gospel without a legit source.

Link?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  262
  • Days Won:  2

Hopefully Flowers is the real deal as mentioned.  And hopefully Woulard gets the Waiver approved.  There's incentive to play well when you've got major competition.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

CWT said yesterday that it is highly unlikely that Woulard will get the approval. It is up to Flowers or Bench to shine.

According to reports, he did not say "highly unlikely" he said "not really" expecting him to get the waiver.

WHY>>>would he say that at all? Not sure if it matters, but if I was HC, I'd say, "It's out of our control, but we believe we've made a strong case for a waiver and now we have to see what the NCAA says. In the meantime, I'm focused on the team cleared to play."Why get quoted saying you have low expectations? Makes it sound like you don't feel you have a case. Not sure if anyone at the NCAA would hear this...but they are human, too. If they did, it'd be pretty easy to say, "If the coach doesn't think it's a strong case, why should WE?".

Here's what he said, in total. Sounds to me like he was just being honest about what he thought AW's chances were and then went on to say the second part of what you said he should have:Forty-eight hours before the Bulls' first practice, Coach Willie Taggart said he's "not really" optimistic of transfer QB Asiantii Woulard being granted an NCAA waiver that would allow him to play immediately."I'm just locked in to the guys that I know are gonna be eligible, and when they tell us he can play we'll lock into him as well," Taggart said at the American Athletic Conference media day Tuesday in Newport, R.I."It will be great for our football team; we're just glad to have him in our program."http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/media-day-notes-for-now-woulard-still-a-practice-player/2239947

Thx Trip for posting the clarification. The way CWTs qoutes are being diced up and spun lately you would think he is running for president of the US.

It's one of the reasons I'm kind of a stickler for links. Over the years, I've seen far too much ******** that people have tried to pass off as gospel without a legit source.

Link?

Here's your ******* link

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Good link. Was expecting a RickRoll or worse!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

Hopefully Flowers is the real deal as mentioned.  And hopefully Woulard gets the Waiver approved.  There's incentive to play well when you've got major competition.

There are a few QB's in Tampa right now... until they throw a blitz package at them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Come on, NCAA.

I'm not basing anything on a true freshman showing up to campus and throwing in the summer for the first time.  Didn't know the offense, the college game, or the WR.  Had no coaching up... he was just raw.  This guy today is not raw, he appears to be picking up the college game.  I don't actually mind your skepticism.  You're entitled given what we've had for the past few years... but I think the musical chairs at QB is about to end.  We found our guy.  

No, you're basing it on a true sophomore showing up to camp and throwing on the first day. I hope he has turned into a great player, but it seems reasonable to to temper your expectations a bit.

No... spring too... he showed maturity and development there.  I'm actually basing it on something other than a sample from a kid fresh off the boat.  So try again.  If you don't see what I'm taking into consideration, then that's on you.  I don't think it unreasonable that I do not temper my expectations of the young man as I believe he's poised for a big year.  Based on how it appears he's developing and the talent I absolutely know he had.  I've seen the kid play live and now that he's in college, I see him getting better.  

Like I said initially 

"I'm not basing anything on a true freshman showing up to campus and throwing in the summer for the first time.  Didn't know the offense, the college game, or the WR.  Had no coaching up... he was just raw.  This guy today is not raw, he appears to be picking up the college game.  I don't actually mind your skepticism.  You're entitled given what we've had for the past few years... but I think the musical chairs at QB is about to end.  We found our guy. "

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Come on, NCAA.

After how Flowers opened up camp... the NCAA can take their time on that waiver.  That kid is taking the next step.  Who said he had no arm?  Seems like a lot of people might be tasting crow for a change.  If he's made the jump... this team goes bowling and makes some noise in the conference.  

After two hours of practice?  We might want to wait a bit on that glowing assessment.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Come on, NCAA.

No... spring too... he showed maturity and development there.  I'm actually basing it on something other than a sample from a kid fresh off the boat.  So try again.  If you don't see what I'm taking into consideration, then that's on you.  I don't think it unreasonable that I do not temper my expectations of the young man as I believe he's poised for a big year.  Based on how it appears he's developing and the talent I absolutely know he had.  I've seen the kid play live and now that he's in college, I see him getting better.  

Like I said initially 

"I'm not basing anything on a true freshman showing up to campus and throwing in the summer for the first time.  Didn't know the offense, the college game, or the WR.  Had no coaching up... he was just raw.  This guy today is not raw, he appears to be picking up the college game.  I don't actually mind your skepticism.  You're entitled given what we've had for the past few years... but I think the musical chairs at QB is about to end.  We found our guy. "

Does anyone have a link to the "Mike White is a Heisman Candidate" thread?