• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woulard Seeking Waver to Play this Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

For me... to anyone who has actually followed Flowers' brief career, it seems pretty silly not to have high expectations of him. Especially going into his second year.

Just curious - are you the same Calibull from 247?

I am indeed

For me... to anyone who has actually followed Flowers' brief career, it seems pretty silly not to have high expectations of him. Especially going into his second year.

I think that may be safe to assume given his diction. But what does that really matter? Given the size of our fan base there is plenty of overlap on basically all the site.

yeah... I'm king of the ellipses for effect.  lol  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I think that may be safe to assume given his diction. But what does that really matter? Given the size of our fan base there is plenty of overlap on basically all the site.

Writing styles can be like fingerprints.

Anyway, keep bringing the insight. Let's hope this team keeps getting better and starts climbing when it counts.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Well last year you were equally as positive preseason... why is this year different? We've read and seen the same stuff, so I'm just not clear on what new evidence has emerged that shows that Flowers has completely transformed?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

you're in good company...it's my habit on these boards, too.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Well last year you were equally as positive preseason... why is this year different? We've read and seen the same stuff, so I'm just not clear on what new evidence has emerged that shows that Flowers has completely transformed?

I'd like to know too. I do think that Flowers should have the skill sets to play at this level given that he played in one of the toughest areas in the state. I would like see some maturity out of him and see him really command the offensive. I'm not sure we've had any good leadership on the offense side of the ball the last couple of years.

If he flys through this camp I want to see him produce in the FSU game. That game could tell us a lot about our team, but just like the whisky game we can't read too much into it. We've played decent (for at least a half) against some big names opponents and sputtered out the last couple of seasons. If we lose will that game break this team? If we win can they build momentum?

To be honest, last season I knew we'd suck.  I just didn't want people to give up on the team.  My roommate, who's on the board, always laughed about my board predictions.  It was good fun but even last season I got disgusted for a minute.  I'd always thought this would be the season we turned it around.  I mean to be honest the year we lost to McNeese State I punched a hole in the wall.  But I kinda knew we sucked when Floyd was the QB and our Dline was way undersized.  Oline too.  I mean I knew what was wrong with the team... but last season I didn't think it was because they sucked talent wise, I just think they were young and the veteran guys on the team weren't really the leaders they needed to be... Seriously, Williams was starting at left tackle.  What I was wrong about was Mike White.  I did think he'd develop better than he actually did.  I big time missed that but I also thought the Quinton Flowers would be the QB of the future for us.  It's why I defended the kid.  The people from the board know I've had a chance to talk to his uncle and I've actually met the kid.  I've seen him throw... that kid is the real deal.  

So honestly why do I think this year will be better?  O.K... I'll give my assessment 

1) I think the defense will be a lot better than last season given the new scheme and the maturity of the guys playing.  This is the first year we're not looking to incoming freshmen to start on defense.  These guys have some experience and I think Lee and Hill will cause havoc this season.  They both started to play well at the end of last season and Lee had a great spring.  He's coming along really good and though Hill missed the spring, he's going to be in the mix.  I like the DTs and I like the way Kevin Bronson looked in the spring... he's big, fast, and long.   Also the kid has freakish strength.  I think Senat, Hector, and Hamilton fill form a formidable force in the middle.  I know Calloway was lost but the work that Hamilton and Senat put in seems to have been ignored.  Senat is a guy to watch. I think he's better than Chandler right now and now there won't be tons of double teams, watch that guy.   Our LBs are all a year older and wiser.  I think this is the biggest group of LBs we've had since 2009 or something.  Also it's no secret the secondary will likely be the strength of the defense... and it is good... very good.  Off note a little, look for Mazzi Wilkens to eventually take that corner spot from Ward.  He's a better player.  

2)The offense should be much better.  I think moving Brynar to center was genius.  I'm not sure who's idea it was, but it allows you two most experienced OLinemen to control the flow of the center of the line.  Hall will start at the other guard likely opposite Thor.  I think the line will struggle some early but the beauty of having a guy like Flowers is, he can make a bad play into a positive play with his legs and athletic ability.  Not a lot of people can do that... that's why Nebraska was on him so hard also.  We got spoiled with the legs of Matt and BJ... I mean White had bricks in his shoes... So I think he'll be able to hide some of the lines mistakes.  I also think he'll make mistakes too.  I mean it'll be his first season as the guy... and he's young.  

But I also don't have to tell anyone that we likely have the best three deep and RB in the conference.  I think the read option and the spacing created running the spread suits what we do.

The offense will hit on a lot of plays this season.  I don't doubt it.  I think Legree had a solid spring and will have a good year.  I think Adams will take that next step... I like Bronson and Clearvuex... I think McCants will be in the mix if he can stay healthy.  But there is something on our offense that is special.  1 guy.  He will likely return kickoffs and punts... until he plays so lights out he pushes his way into the lineup... Chris Barr.  Remember that name... rare speed and ability. 

I just think in general this team is significantly better than last year.  I think they're better coached, better prepared at this point coming in, more experienced, really talented, and while I don't think they'll do something crazy like win 10 games, I'm honestly looking at a 7-5 or 8-4 season.  I know just as much about the teams we play as I do our own... and trust me when I say there are some teams getting a pass off reputation only.  I honestly think this team can upset a few teams... because every win at this point will be an upset of someone... except famu 

Writing styles can be like fingerprints.

Anyway, keep bringing the insight. Let's hope this team keeps getting better and starts climbing when it counts.

You just got me do do something people were trying to get me to do since 2013... give my honest opinion of the team.  Koodles  :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

To be honest, last season I knew we'd suck. I just didn't want people to give up on the team. My roommate, who's on the board, always laughed about my board predictions. It was good fun but even last season I got disgusted for a minute. I'd always thought this would be the season we turned it around. I mean to be honest the year we lost to McNeese State I punched a hole in the wall. But I kinda knew we sucked when Floyd was the QB and our Dline was way undersized. Oline too. I mean I knew what was wrong with the team... but last season I didn't think it was because they sucked talent wise, I just think they were young and the veteran guys on the team weren't really the leaders they needed to be... Seriously, Williams was starting at left tackle. What I was wrong about was Mike White. I did think he'd develop better than he actually did. I big time missed that but I also thought the Quinton Flowers would be the QB of the future for us. It's why I defended the kid. The people from the board know I've had a chance to talk to his uncle and I've actually met the kid. I've seen him throw... that kid is the real deal.

So honestly why do I think this year will be better? O.K... I'll give my assessment

1) I think the defense will be a lot better than last season given the new scheme and the maturity of the guys playing. This is the first year we're not looking to incoming freshmen to start on defense. These guys have some experience and I think Lee and Hill will cause havoc this season. They both started to play well at the end of last season and Lee had a great spring. He's coming along really good and though Hill missed the spring, he's going to be in the mix. I like the DTs and I like the way Kevin Bronson looked in the spring... he's big, fast, and long. Also the kid has freakish strength. I think Senat, Hector, and Hamilton fill form a formidable force in the middle. I know Calloway was lost but the work that Hamilton and Senat put in seems to have been ignored. Senat is a guy to watch. I think he's better than Chandler right now and now there won't be tons of double teams, watch that guy. Our LBs are all a year older and wiser. I think this is the biggest group of LBs we've had since 2009 or something. Also it's no secret the secondary will likely be the strength of the defense... and it is good... very good. Off note a little, look for Mazzi Wilkens to eventually take that corner spot from Ward. He's a better player.

2)The offense should be much better. I think moving Brynar to center was genius. I'm not sure who's idea it was, but it allows you two most experienced OLinemen to control the flow of the center of the line. Hall will start at the other guard likely opposite Thor. I think the line will struggle some early but the beauty of having a guy like Flowers is, he can make a bad play into a positive play with his legs and athletic ability. Not a lot of people can do that... that's why Nebraska was on him so hard also. We got spoiled with the legs of Matt and BJ... I mean White had bricks in his shoes... So I think he'll be able to hide some of the lines mistakes. I also think he'll make mistakes too. I mean it'll be his first season as the guy... and he's young.

But I also don't have to tell anyone that we likely have the best three deep and RB in the conference. I think the read option and the spacing created running the spread suits what we do.

The offense will hit on a lot of plays this season. I don't doubt it. I think Legree had a solid spring and will have a good year. I think Adams will take that next step... I like Bronson and Clearvuex... I think McCants will be in the mix if he can stay healthy. But there is something on our offense that is special. 1 guy. He will likely return kickoffs and punts... until he plays so lights out he pushes his way into the lineup... Chris Barr. Remember that name... rare speed and ability.

I just think in general this team is significantly better than last year. I think they're better coached, better prepared at this point coming in, more experienced, really talented, and while I don't think they'll do something crazy like win 10 games, I'm honestly looking at a 7-5 or 8-4 season. I know just as much about the teams we play as I do our own... and trust me when I say there are some teams getting a pass off reputation only. I honestly think this team can upset a few teams... because every win at this point will be an upset of someone... except famu

****, Vol I, II, and III in one post. I like it.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

I bet Cali sleeps in USF pajamas... Love the enthusiasm.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1