• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woulard Seeking Waver to Play this Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Come on, NCAA.

After how Flowers opened up camp... the NCAA can take their time on that waiver. That kid is taking the next step. Who said he had no arm? Seems like a lot of people might be tasting crow for a change. If he's made the jump... this team goes bowling and makes some noise in the conference.

Im holding off on the champagne until after I've seen him throw in person. I watched him live last summer and during the season, so pardon me if I'm still skeptical.

I'm not basing anything on a true freshman showing up to campus and throwing in the summer for the first time.  Didn't know the offense, the college game, or the WR.  Had no coaching up... he was just raw.  This guy today is not raw, he appears to be picking up the college game.  I don't actually mind your skepticism.  You're entitled given what we've had for the past few years... but I think the musical chairs at QB is about to end.  We found our guy.  

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I don't think anyone really questioned his "arm", just his touch, accuracy and decision making.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

CWT said yesterday that it is highly unlikely that Woulard will get the approval. It is up to Flowers or Bench to shine.

According to reports, he did not say "highly unlikely" he said "not really" expecting him to get the waiver.

WHY>>>would he say that at all? Not sure if it matters, but if I was HC, I'd say, "It's out of our control, but we believe we've made a strong case for a waiver and now we have to see what the NCAA says. In the meantime, I'm focused on the team cleared to play."

Why get quoted saying you have low expectations? Makes it sound like you don't feel you have a case. Not sure if anyone at the NCAA would hear this...but they are human, too. If they did, it'd be pretty easy to say, "If the coach doesn't think it's a strong case, why should WE?".

Here's what he said, in total. Sounds to me like he was just being honest about what he thought AW's chances were and then went on to say the second part of what you said he should have:

Forty-eight hours before the Bulls' first practice, Coach Willie Taggart said he's "not really" optimistic of transfer QB Asiantii Woulard being granted an NCAA waiver that would allow him to play immediately.

"I'm just locked in to the guys that I know are gonna be eligible, and when they tell us he can play we'll lock into him as well," Taggart said at the American Athletic Conference media day Tuesday in Newport, R.I.

"It will be great for our football team; we're just glad to have him in our program."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/media-day-notes-for-now-woulard-still-a-practice-player/2239947

Thx Trip for posting the clarification. The way CWTs qoutes are being diced up and spun lately you would think he is running for president of the US.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Come on, NCAA.

After how Flowers opened up camp... the NCAA can take their time on that waiver. That kid is taking the next step. Who said he had no arm? Seems like a lot of people might be tasting crow for a change. If he's made the jump... this team goes bowling and makes some noise in the conference.

I think it's been discussed a bit but best case is for AW to be granted the waiver even of flowers is looking sharp in practice.

CWT said yesterday that it is highly unlikely that Woulard will get the approval. It is up to Flowers or Bench to shine.

According to reports, he did not say "highly unlikely" he said "not really" expecting him to get the waiver.

WHY>>>would he say that at all? Not sure if it matters, but if I was HC, I'd say, "It's out of our control, but we believe we've made a strong case for a waiver and now we have to see what the NCAA says. In the meantime, I'm focused on the team cleared to play."

Why get quoted saying you have low expectations? Makes it sound like you don't feel you have a case. Not sure if anyone at the NCAA would hear this...but they are human, too. If they did, it'd be pretty easy to say, "If the coach doesn't think it's a strong case, why should WE?".

Here's what he said, in total. Sounds to me like he was just being honest about what he thought AW's chances were and then went on to say the second part of what you said he should have:

Forty-eight hours before the Bulls' first practice, Coach Willie Taggart said he's "not really" optimistic of transfer QB Asiantii Woulard being granted an NCAA waiver that would allow him to play immediately.

"I'm just locked in to the guys that I know are gonna be eligible, and when they tell us he can play we'll lock into him as well," Taggart said at the American Athletic Conference media day Tuesday in Newport, R.I.

"It will be great for our football team; we're just glad to have him in our program."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/media-day-notes-for-now-woulard-still-a-practice-player/2239947

Thx Trip for posting the clarification. The way CWTs qoutes are being diced up and spun lately you would think he is running for president of the US.

It's funny when they put quotes around the comments on the board as if it is exactly what he said... but then when you read his comments they are nothing like the quotes people have posted and attributed to him.  I don't think people on the board really know the purpose of quotes... or they just don't care.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think anyone really questioned his "arm", just his touch, accuracy and decision making.

He had 20 attempts last year. Hard to really say anything about his decision making, accuracy and touch based on such a small number of passes, where most of them came in cold and windy SMU a few days after his brother passed away. It can't get any worse than the QB play of the last three years...and at least Flowers can make things happen with his feet. 

The biggest concern for me right now is his lack of experience. He is going to make mistakes like any young QB...the questions are whether they will cost of games and will he use these mistakes to improve his game? 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

He had 20 attempts last year. Hard to really say anything about his decision making, accuracy and touch based on such a small number of passes, where most of them came in cold and windy SMU a few days after his brother passed away. It can't get any worse than the QB play of the last three years...and at least Flowers can make things happen with his feet. 

The biggest concern for me right now is his lack of experience. He is going to make mistakes like any young QB...the questions are whether they will cost of games and will he use these mistakes to improve his game? 

Make things happen with his feet, chit I'm just happy he can field a snap and doesn't need to take it from the gun to end the game like we have seen before.

That might have been our rock bottom.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

It's one of the reasons I'm kind of a stickler for links. Over the years, I've seen far too much ******** that people have tried to pass off as gospel without a legit source.

Make things happen with his feet, chit I'm just happy he can field a snap and doesn't need to take it from the gun to end the game like we have seen before.

I forgot about that.  Mike White could not handle a snap.  He fumbled inside the redzone with so much frequency it seemed like a play.  He did it against UCF, 2 times against Cincy, and Wisconsin (just to name the ones I can think of off the top of my head).    

I think Rock Bottom was when we named Matt Floyd the starter though.  The absolute rock bottom was the interception before halftime in that thrashing we took from McNeese State.  

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

In fairness that was because of a soft cast on the non-throwing hand.