• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woulard Seeking Waver to Play this Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not sure how 111 yards passing over five games with 2 ints and no touchdowns would help anyone's career. I think it was just a total waste of doing that last year regardless of who they signed this year, because years from now we might still need him. If of all the quarterbacks on the roster he becomes the next Matt Grothe or BJ Daniels, wouldn't you want to have him for another year? When he's actually developed?

it was a waste, but couldn't he still redshirt if need be in a coming year?

Yes he could as long as he does not participate in any plays.  If he plays a few plays (I'm not sure the number) then he could medically redshirt.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

:backtotopic:

What's to talk about on topic unless there is a announcement that he gets the waiver?

I have one... WHEN will we know?

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure how 111 yards passing over five games with 2 ints and no touchdowns would help anyone's career. I think it was just a total waste of doing that last year regardless of who they signed this year, because years from now we might still need him. If of all the quarterbacks on the roster he becomes the next Matt Grothe or BJ Daniels, wouldn't you want to have him for another year? When he's actually developed?

Yes he could as long as he does not participate in any plays.  If he plays a few plays (I'm not sure the number) then he could medically redshirt.

He already used his redshirt year at UCLA.  He will either be eligible to play for 3 years (if he is granted a waiver) or 2 years.  Medical redshirts are rarely granted and it has to be documented injury that keeps you out of the majority of the season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

He already used his redshirt year at UCLA.  He will either be eligible to play for 3 years (if he is granted a waiver) or 2 years.  Medical redshirts are rarely granted and it has to be documented injury that keeps you out of the majority of the season.

Pretty sure they're talking about Flowers ..

I'm sorry, I wasn't fully paying attention.  I thought he was talking about Flowers.  Woulard would have to be deemed eligible first before he could apply for a medical redshirt (if he were to get injured)

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

I'm sorry, I wasn't fully paying attention.  I thought he was talking about Flowers.  Woulard would have to be deemed eligible first before he could apply for a medical redshirt (if he were to get injured)

we were talking about flowers, you were paying attention

we were talking about flowers, you were paying attention

I thought I was, I just didn't want to be confrontational, in case I had missed something.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Had Flowers played like BJ did his first game no I wouldnt have any problem burning his redshirt. I would argue that redshirting makes sense when you have the talent to do so. It was clear CWT was looking for an answer and turned to Flowers unfortunately he was not ready and that is on CWT. I actually wanted Bench to get a true shot and have all the first team reps for a couple of weeks to see what he can do. I still think that was the right answer but obviously CWT did not and I don't see these guys at practice day in and day out. 

But that is a bit of a straw man argument. Your original comment was that CWT didnt stick with one QB and White got pulled to quickly. That, in fact, was not the case which was what I pointed out in my post. I think CWT leaned on White to a fault and kept him in even when it was detrimental to the team's success.

In fact you and CWT might be more similar than you realize. I think CWT put Flowers in before he was ready for the very reason you are critizing him; in order to get Flowers ready for this year and develop him.

Lets hope it payed off!

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

so what is your preference with regard to publix subs? :D

Easy question.  Italian sub on multigrain FTW.

Nope, pressed cuban.

Does your Publix have a press?  If so, you're one of the extreme few.  

If I still lived in FL I would say: "You poor, poor soul..." 

The fact that I live in CO all I can say is just about every Publix I went to around Tampa and Bradenton/Sarasota had a press.

I am with Shadow on the pressed cuban...I would only add

:iconic_u_black:  :GoBulls:  :FIREdevil: HONEY COATED PRESSED CUBAN :FIREdevil:   :GoBulls:  :iconic_u_black:

They will actually coat the outside of the bread in honey and then press it. A bit messy but o so good!!

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

so what is your preference with regard to publix subs? :D

Easy question.  Italian sub on multigrain FTW.

Nope, pressed cuban.

Does your Publix have a press?  If so, you're one of the extreme few.  

Yeah, but I live between Tampa and MouseTown these days.