• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woulard Seeking Waver to Play this Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

I hope that God and the NCAA blesses us with QB depth this season.

Because based on the last two years, every quarterback on the roster that's eligible gets to start at some point in the season.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,090
  • Days Won:  39

Because based on the last two years, every quarterback on the roster that's eligible gets to start at some point in the season.

Yeah I am not sure how to feel about that.  On one hand it would be nice to have a smaller QB carousel.  It's overly simplistic but I feel like if we could just pass the ball a *bit* more successfully and take the pressure off, the RBs would wreck other teams.  But it's not even the same system, so I have no idea what to expect.  I am expecting them to throw everything at it this year to try to break through.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I assume he'll be practicing with the squad now, so if anyone can get a glimpse and give some insight into what he looks like at QB.

If he's only got 3 years, regardless, of course we want him cleared for 2015, even if just to develop in the event Flowers/Bench flail or get hurt.

I don't think what CWT has done the past two seasons at QB was anything but an act of desperation. He should have stuck with one and developed them, allow them to learn, get better and let the wrs get used to them. No surprise White left. He knew one bad game he got the hook.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

post-10736-0-25553100-1438650622.jpg Edited by HR Bull

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I don't think what CWT has done the past two seasons at QB was anything but an act of desperation. He should have stuck with one and developed them, allow them to learn, get better and let the wrs get used to them. No surprise White left. He knew one bad game he got the hook.

Lol...I see it quite different. White was given the keys and it didn't work out. He was given the opportunity to be the man even when I would have sat him including through injury interceptions and sacks...

• Upvote 1

Lol...I see it quite different. White was given the keys and it didn't work out. He was given the opportunity to be the man even when I would have sat him including through injury interceptions and sacks...

So you don't mind burning Flowers RS?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

So you don't mind burning Flowers RS?

I don't.  It's not like we're going to stop recruiting QBs... some of you will be shocked when we sign a four star dual threat QB this year.  The guys from the recruiting boards likely know who I'm talking about.  I don't mind at all.  We are may literally have 3 former 4 star qbs on our roster next season... and then with Kean... we are straight.  I think burning the redshirt may have served Flowers well.  He knows the game speed now and got some experience under center.  I don't think the guy is at all intimidated by anything dealing with the game now.  Kid has supreme confidence.  I think he's going to put on a show this season.

I'm not sure how 111 yards passing over five games with 2 ints and no touchdowns would help anyone's career. I think it was just a total waste of doing that last year regardless of who they signed this year, because years from now we might still need him. If of all the quarterbacks on the roster he becomes the next Matt Grothe or BJ Daniels, wouldn't you want to have him for another year? When he's actually developed?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I'm not sure how 111 yards passing over five games with 2 ints and no touchdowns would help anyone's career. I think it was just a total waste of doing that last year regardless of who they signed this year, because years from now we might still need him. If of all the quarterbacks on the roster he becomes the next Matt Grothe or BJ Daniels, wouldn't you want to have him for another year? When he's actually developed?

it was a waste, but couldn't he still redshirt if need be in a coming year?