• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Make your prediction! Bowl or no bowl?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

2. Brett Kea, Brett Kean and Brett Kean. Last year, he committed to us early so that he can focus on winning a state title. And you know what, he won the state title. That shows confidence, determination and the swag needed to play the position. I did research and even when he was backing up Mike White in Ft. Lauderdale, he was a threat to taking his job which is why Mike White probably left, b/c he knows how good Brett Kean is. Last, he runs a 4.7 and has a very quick release. Waaay better arm then both quarterbacks we have now.

I like your confidence but you know who else won a state title in high school?

Mike White.

We all know how that turned out.

Yea, but he predicted it and to be honest, he is just waaay better then Mike White. i think mike white has a stronger arm, but not as quick a throw or delivery as Kean. And even though it doesnt guarantee success, winning a state title is still a lot of work and determination, so not sure how you make it seem like it's not an accomplishment lol
Kean won one in Ohio Division 1. That's like middle school in Florida. Mike White's was 3A.
Watch the video highlights and see for yourself. I remember watching Flowers footage and knew he would suck, Kean has a way quicker release, You could insult his division all you want but just remember this post when he balls during the regular season.

If he's so good, why did he make his parents move to Ohio to avoid competition with White?

Are you joking or a moron? Kean moved to Ohio AFTER Mike White graduated. So he wouldn't of had to compete with White. Noticed he still committed to the same school as White after? He knew that he could take the job away from Mike White, which is why White left.  

There is absolutely no reason to think a true freshman QB can win right away at the division 1 level.  You can find a few exceptions, but not many at all.  We viewed first hand what happens when you are dealing with true freshmen here and at other schools.  And if you decide to name some, I'm willing to bet they were all higher ranked recruits than Kean.  I watched his tape, he is good but he's not that good.  I mean he has potential but I've seen A LOT of room for improvement and as the skill level goes up and the size of those windows close... he's not going to be throwing to wide open guys on the regular like in his film.

I get your enthusiasm but I find myself right back in the place I was the past two years... If it's to the point where a true freshman is playing, your team sucks.  I said it about us when we played White.  I actually knew we'd have to play him because all we had was Matt Floyd (who I knew sucked) and Bobby Eveld (who was a great guy and leader but not much of a QB AT ALL).  Kean will redshirt because the guys in front of him are far more ready at this point than he is.  

Also you keep ragging on Flowers.  Not only was the kid a higher rated recruit than Kean, actually our highest rated QB signee ever, he can do a lot more than Kean can.  He's a better football player and for this offense, a power spread much like Auburns, Flowers is the better fit.  I equate Kean with Bench when he first got here.  I don't know if you want to lose, but playing Kean as a true freshman would ensure we lose.  Everyone and their mother knows Flowers is likely going to be the starter.  I watched him in the spring and he improved tremendously.  With the work those guys have been putting in since spring ball and over the summer, that guy will be ready.  I think he's going to have some growing pains but I also think he, Mack, Johnson, and Tice are going to put on a show if that Oline is as good as I think they can be.  

I saw Flowers high school film and was never impressed. He has no arm and never will. Kean highlights looks waaay better. I value a quick release and his release is quicker than both quarterbacks. If you are talking about speed...Flowers runs a 4.5 40 and Brett Kean runs a 4.7, so he has a 2 second advantage, but no arm. And yes I will name a Freshman Quarterback who did it and that was Christian Hackenberg. As for Flowers and Bench, they both had opportunities. Hell I like that juco quarterback we have coming in better then Flowers, so he's my 2nd choice. In the end, we will just let things play out in August. 

Oh, you're comparing the consensus 5-star recruit regard as the #1 or #2 QB from 2014 to Brett Kean the 2/3 star player rated as 63rd pro-style QB?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Are you joking or a moron? Kean moved to Ohio AFTER Mike White graduated. So he wouldn't of had to compete with White. Noticed he still committed to the same school as White after? He knew that he could take the job away from Mike White, which is why White left.

There is absolutely no reason to think a true freshman QB can win right away at the division 1 level.  You can find a few exceptions, but not many at all.  We viewed first hand what happens when you are dealing with true freshmen here and at other schools.  And if you decide to name some, I'm willing to bet they were all higher ranked recruits than Kean.  I watched his tape, he is good but he's not that good.  I mean he has potential but I've seen A LOT of room for improvement and as the skill level goes up and the size of those windows close... he's not going to be throwing to wide open guys on the regular like in his film.

I get your enthusiasm but I find myself right back in the place I was the past two years... If it's to the point where a true freshman is playing, your team sucks.  I said it about us when we played White.  I actually knew we'd have to play him because all we had was Matt Floyd (who I knew sucked) and Bobby Eveld (who was a great guy and leader but not much of a QB AT ALL).  Kean will redshirt because the guys in front of him are far more ready at this point than he is.  

Also you keep ragging on Flowers.  Not only was the kid a higher rated recruit than Kean, actually our highest rated QB signee ever, he can do a lot more than Kean can.  He's a better football player and for this offense, a power spread much like Auburns, Flowers is the better fit.  I equate Kean with Bench when he first got here.  I don't know if you want to lose, but playing Kean as a true freshman would ensure we lose.  Everyone and their mother knows Flowers is likely going to be the starter.  I watched him in the spring and he improved tremendously.  With the work those guys have been putting in since spring ball and over the summer, that guy will be ready.  I think he's going to have some growing pains but I also think he, Mack, Johnson, and Tice are going to put on a show if that Oline is as good as I think they can be.

Actually, I believe Carlton Hill was our highest rated signee ever. QF has the same rating as Mike White, Matt Floyd and Grothe ...

Actually he had a higher rating than White, Floyd, and Grothe.  He's listed as a high 3 star and the 261 best player on espn, Scout 4 star, 88.9 on 247 and one of the top dual threat guys.  I don't recall White, Floyd, or Grothe rating higer and any of those and Hill wasn't.  I'm going by what the school released during his recruiting, I'm not sure what you're going by.  

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Does this poll factor in Assanti-coming-here-,-getting-a-hardship-waiver-and-winning-the-top-starting-QB-spot-and-leading-us-to-success-for-his-next-2-years-while-DoubleDown/SeldonSeen-becomes-a-great-contributor-,-mod-and-assistant-to-Brad-on-running-TBP-to-be-followed-by-Kean's-dynasty-leading-USF-to-a-"P5"-conference

...Or no?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I don't think Taggart is ruling out Kean for this year. Let's see if he can handle a snap first then go from there.

A snap, a series, a scrimmage, something. He hasn't done anything to make a prediction yet, so yes, please, let's SEE what he can do before we SAY what he can do.

That never stopped anyone before, why start now?

I guess it was just venting...at some point, I have to release a little pressure, then can go back to making fun of it. :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

2. Brett Kea, Brett Kean and Brett Kean. Last year, he committed to us early so that he can focus on winning a state title. And you know what, he won the state title. That shows confidence, determination and the swag needed to play the position. I did research and even when he was backing up Mike White in Ft. Lauderdale, he was a threat to taking his job which is why Mike White probably left, b/c he knows how good Brett Kean is. Last, he runs a 4.7 and has a very quick release. Waaay better arm then both quarterbacks we have now.

I like your confidence but you know who else won a state title in high school?

Mike White.

We all know how that turned out.

Yea, but he predicted it and to be honest, he is just waaay better then Mike White. i think mike white has a stronger arm, but not as quick a throw or delivery as Kean. And even though it doesnt guarantee success, winning a state title is still a lot of work and determination, so not sure how you make it seem like it's not an accomplishment lol
Kean won one in Ohio Division 1. That's like middle school in Florida. Mike White's was 3A.
Watch the video highlights and see for yourself. I remember watching Flowers footage and knew he would suck, Kean has a way quicker release, You could insult his division all you want but just remember this post when he balls during the regular season.

If he's so good, why did he make his parents move to Ohio to avoid competition with White?

I saw Flowers high school film and was never impressed. He has no arm and never will. Kean highlights looks waaay better. I value a quick release and his release is quicker than both quarterbacks. If you are talking about speed...Flowers runs a 4.5 40 and Brett Kean runs a 4.7, so he has a 2 second advantage, but no arm. And yes I will name a Freshman Quarterback who did it and that was Christian Hackenberg. As for Flowers and Bench, they both had opportunities. Hell I like that juco quarterback we have coming in better then Flowers, so he's my 2nd choice. In the end, we will just let things play out in August. 

I simply look at Keans offer list and wonder this, If he's so good, why wasn't he more heavily recruited?  I mean there are some pretty good schools up that way.  So every coach and scout is wrong in their assessment?  Oh.. the difference between a 4.5 and a 4.7 is tremendous.... and it's not 2 seconds, it's .02 seconds faster and in the world of sports, that's a huge difference.  I don't trust your evaluations because you seem to miss simple things.  

I mean you can be enthused about Kean but he's going to be redshirted this year because he's not nearly ready.  Also there are other QBs with more talent coming in so that kid may actually never see the field except in cleanup.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Does this poll factor in Assanti-coming-here-,-getting-a-hardship-waiver-and-winning-the-top-starting-QB-spot-and-leading-us-to-success-for-his-next-2-years-while-DoubleDown/SeldonSeen-becomes-a-great-contributor-,-mod-and-assistant-to-Brad-on-running-TBP-to-be-followed-by-Kean's-dynasty-leading-USF-to-a-"P5"-conference

...Or no?

I think you just overloaded the craze-o-meter...well done.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Actually, I believe Carlton Hill was our highest rated signee ever. QF has the same rating as Mike White, Matt Floyd and Grothe ...

Actually he had a higher rating than White, Floyd, and Grothe.  He's listed as a high 3 star and the 261 best player on espn, Scout 4 star, 88.9 on 247 and one of the top dual threat guys.  I don't recall White, Floyd, or Grothe rating higer and any of those and Hill wasn't.  I'm going by what the school released during his recruiting, I'm not sure what you're going by.

Rivals ... I think the only one that's been around for the better portion of our history.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Wasn't Flowers a higher star rating as a WR prospect?  

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

To the person who said Flowers had had his opportunities.  LOL.  So funny.  He started a grand total of ONE game his true freshman year a day or 2 after his brother died and also in a game with 30 degree weather.  He had no other meaningful snaps all year.  LOL, yeah, he really has had all of this opportunity so far.  You can even make an argument that Bench hasn't had his share of opportunities yet, but Flowers definitely hasn't yet. 

I hope Woulard shows up, if he wants to be here, but I stand by my prediction that there will be games this year when Flowers runs wild and absolutely goes off.  He is super athletic.  I don't know if he's the answer, but it's too soon to say he's not.  

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Wasn't Flowers a higher star rating as a WR prospect?

Yes, as an athlete I believe.