• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Illinois Attendance

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

You guys really think that if The American suddenly was granted P6 status that our home attendance would just instantly increase? 

Something more than conference affiliation has changed what happened in 2007 homecoming vs 2017 homecoming, imo.

I don't think it would instantly increase if the AAC was granted P6 status but I do think the conference affiliation is a huge reason for the 07-17 drop off. All you have to do is look around here at a lot of our passionate fans that constantly belittle our status in the world of college football and it's pretty easy to understand how the casual fan would fade away once we weren't part of the elite any longer.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I don't think it would instantly increase if the AAC was granted P6 status but I do think the conference affiliation is a huge reason for the 07-17 drop off. All you have to do is look around here at a lot of our passionate fans that constantly belittle our status in the world of college football and it's pretty easy to understand how the casual fan would fade away once we weren't part of the elite any longer.

So, schools like ECU are beating us in attendance because... They never we're AQ and we're collectively butt hurt that we're not anymore? Do our current potential fans even remember 5-10 years ago when we were AQ? I'd wager not.

There's something more at play here. But, leaning on non-AQ just isn't fair.

IMO - we're in a bit of a unique situation between poor conference affiliation, conservative schedules overall, competition from other discretionary activities nearby, inability to crack the Big 3 culture, and general lack of school pride. 

I'd posit that an OCS with a better tailgate atmosphere coupled with a very strong OOC schedule would increase season ticket holders and early season rankings. Get into the top 10-15 during OOC play and people will show up to our conference play hoping to see a CFP team.

Harlan should be doing everything possible, including paying blue bloods to play us, to get our schedules beefed up. The BE-era OOC schedule of FCS, G5, G5, Ranked P5 just isn't enough anymore. It needs to be as close to FCS, RP5 × 3 as possible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  1

As a lifelong USF fan, now USF student, I am saddened that the fans are not showing up in droves to watch, what is most likely our best overall team in terms of talent, we have ever had. A major difference between 07 and 17 that I have not seen mentioned was that in 2007 we reached #2 in the nation. If this team could overcome all the obstacles in the way of them listed above (G5, weak OOC schedule, etc.) and crack the top 10, the stands will fill again. I also am annoyed at how many students leave early. I understand wanting to beat traffic, but the players definitely notice. Us students should be the strongest and most loyal fan base as we have little excuse to not go to the games. They are fun, we get free tickets, and this team deserves our support.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

On 9/16/2017 at 10:32 AM, USF_Grouper said:

Not gonna lie.. that number id disappointing given the number of free tickets. I know a few people are still without power but given the number of free tickets distributed, no other sporting events to compete with and ranked team I'd like to think Tampa would bring out at least 40k. AD has a long way to go to build back up the fan base.

Bulls, FAMU, and Bucs, and Rays in one weekend is competition. I'm sure most can afford only one.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

So, schools like ECU are beating us in attendance because... They never we're AQ and we're collectively butt hurt that we're not anymore? Do our current potential fans even remember 5-10 years ago when we were AQ? I'd wager not.

There's something more at play here. But, leaning on non-AQ just isn't fair.

IMO - we're in a bit of a unique situation between poor conference affiliation, conservative schedules overall, competition from other discretionary activities nearby, inability to crack the Big 3 culture, and general lack of school pride. 

I'd posit that an OCS with a better tailgate atmosphere coupled with a very strong OOC schedule would increase season ticket holders and early season rankings. Get into the top 10-15 during OOC play and people will show up to our conference play hoping to see a CFP team.

Harlan should be doing everything possible, including paying blue bloods to play us, to get our schedules beefed up. The BE-era OOC schedule of FCS, G5, G5, Ranked P5 just isn't enough anymore. It needs to be as close to FCS, RP5 × 3 as possible.

Along that line, we sat with the soccer coach's wife last night and she was amazed at how quiet Corbett was. Told her that that is the USF way. Very few stand at football and basketball games, make noise and generally 'get into' the games.  I have no explanation for it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Students did a great job. However, if our strategy is to give away tickets to a game all the time then we have failed as a football program. 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

43 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

The wait is over, JK is back ladies and gentlemen: 

It's not his fault the actual attendance is still really lackluster. Tampa needs to love on its Bulls. There's a serious disconnect between the Tampa Bay area's general public and USF when I hear commercials from International Diamond Centers on the radio touting this jeweler as the official jeweler of FSU and UF football. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully this weeks game is not any less but I have my doubts. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

UCF had better attendance in CUSA.....

Students are becoming more and more less passionate about College Football, even at SEC Programs like Georgia student attendance has become an issue.

There are current UCF Students that will pick a Saturday Orlando City game over UCF. There are also a lot of fans that heard for  4+ years  that Conference Realignment was inevitable and yet the Program sits here on the outside looking in. I'm assuming that is the case at USF as well especially with the small taste of it during the BE days. 

• Upvote 1