• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Illinois Attendance

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,594
  • Days Won:  6

Per Joey Knight:

With Floridians desperate for a post-Irma pick-me-up, USF had incentive, inspiration (a packed student section among the announced crowd of 35,404) and an ESPN audience.

Because of the 30 minute start delay, this might have been the most people in their seats for kickoff since the big games of '07 and '08 (other than FSU and Miami).  It was a great crowd bolstered by 5,500 HS/first responder tickets plus 1,500-2,000 Illini fans.  Had a great time.  I'm starting to get used to ugly wins.  GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

Good crowd for Friday night and what this state went through.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Not gonna lie.. that number id disappointing given the number of free tickets. I know a few people are still without power but given the number of free tickets distributed, no other sporting events to compete with and ranked team I'd like to think Tampa would bring out at least 40k. AD has a long way to go to build back up the fan base.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

55 minutes ago, USF_Grouper said:

Not gonna lie.. that number id disappointing given the number of free tickets. I know a few people are still without power but given the number of free tickets distributed, no other sporting events to compete with and ranked team I'd like to think Tampa would bring out at least 40k. AD has a long way to go to build back up the fan base.

It amazes me the damage of the holy did to the program.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

With the stars in alignment for at least 40k in attendance, I was disappointed with 35k announced.  You figure probably 8-10k in free tickets and Illini fans, which puts us at around 25-27k which is a typical crowd.  Frankly, outside of P5 invite, I don't think attendance will get any better than it is right now, and that's sad.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  3,653
  • Days Won:  7

3 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

With the stars in alignment for at least 40k in attendance, I was disappointed with 35k announced.  You figure probably 8-10k in free tickets and Illini fans, which puts us at around 25-27k which is a typical crowd.  Frankly, outside of P5 invite, I don't think attendance will get any better than it is right now, and that's sad.

You're not wrong. Without consistent matchups against P5 opponents and us having a consistently good team on the field against said P5 opponents, the attendance for the "average fans" is 30,000 or less depending on the strength of the available opponents. A top 40 SOS will raise that average into the mid to upper 30,000 range, possible 40,000 with occasional spikes (based on opponent and our record) to 45-50+ thousand.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

much better attendance.

they need to do appreciation giveaways every week.

teachers, military, etc. heck give high school teams free tickets every week.

this is how you build a fan base. get casual fans interested by giving them their first fix for free.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

much better attendance.

they need to do appreciation giveaways every week.

teachers, military, etc. heck give high school teams free tickets every week.

this is how you build a fan base. get casual fans interested by giving them their first fix for free.

Yeah I like giving kids under 16 can go free and parents tickets are $5-10.  But this would only be applicable for the upper second level area on the east side of stadium as this side has much less people.  This team is fun to watch no reason we can't have that bottom level atleast 75% filled. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

You can't have the free tickets every home game or it won't have any effect. Do it once a year to get everyone there the same night. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,709
  • Days Won:  23

27 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah I like giving kids under 16 can go free and parents tickets are $5-10.  But this would only be applicable for the upper second level area on the east side of stadium as this side has much less people.  This team is fun to watch no reason we can't have that bottom level atleast 75% filled. 

agreed. they need to do something to get that side filled. the way our tickets are priced now only diehards are going to go to the games. keep filling empty sections with promotions. start shrinking those sections as our fanbase grows.

• Upvote 1