• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can anyone find 6 wins?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Growing up in Brooklyn, on every other block was a pizzeria, each one better than the next.  For those of us living in Tampa, I would recommend "A Taste of New York" located at 17503-C Preserve Walk Lane, across from the Home Depot on Bruce B. Downs.  I don't think you would be disappointed, especially if you are a lover of the NY style pizza.  They have a great chicken parm dinner.  In fact, their whole menu is worth taking a look at.  The owner's daughter, by the way attends USF. 

http://www.tasteofnewyorkpizzeria.com/

Another pizzeria that we frequent, and have for years, is Alfonso's Pizzeria located at 14942 N. Florida Ave., near the corner of Bearss Ave. in the shopping center where Big Lots is located.  One of the owner's sons also graduated from USF.  The owners are originally from Long Island NY.  

http://www.alfonsospizzeria.com/

Aflonso's is the best I've had in Tampa.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

the best pie south of DC is Eddy & Sams in the heart of DT TPA.

get a slice of lasagna pie and a $.59 garlic knot.

superior to a lot of the low quality trash served up in Manhattanland.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Growing up in Brooklyn, on every other block was a pizzeria, each one better than the next.  For those of us living in Tampa, I would recommend "A Taste of New York" located at 17503-C Preserve Walk Lane, across from the Home Depot on Bruce B. Downs.  I don't think you would be disappointed, especially if you are a lover of the NY style pizza.  They have a great chicken parm dinner.  In fact, their whole menu is worth taking a look at.  The owner's daughter, by the way attends USF. 

http://www.tasteofnewyorkpizzeria.com/

Another pizzeria that we frequent, and have for years, is Alfonso's Pizzeria located at 14942 N. Florida Ave., near the corner of Bearss Ave. in the shopping center where Big Lots is located.  One of the owner's sons also graduated from USF.  The owners are originally from Long Island NY.  

http://www.alfonsospizzeria.com/

Aflonso's is the best I've had in Tampa.

I've been around that area a lot (family is close), hate that I've missed it but I'll check it out now.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

in la mulberry street pizza is the closest to ny

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

With due respect to Jon Stewart, neither pizza, chicago or NY is "pizza" in the traditional sense. If you haven't been to Italy, you haven't had pizza, but if you have been to Italy and had their pizza you would realize the just because its the original doesn't make it the best (IMO). But that's not to say it not good or edible, its just quite different. Rather crunchy with very modest amounts of toppings. The two main pizza are the Marinara and the Margherita. The Marinara has no cheese and the Margherita has a little mozzarella. I had one called the "quattro stragoni" or 'four seasons' pizza. Basically its a Margherita divided into four quarter. One quarter houses a 1/2 hard boiled egg, one houses one slice of ham, one houses artichoke hearts and the final is olives. Obviously there are variations but that is the main recipe.

Any rate, there is no pizza in the US that is "pizza" as it is in Italy. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

With due respect to Jon Stewart, neither pizza, chicago or NY is "pizza" in the traditional sense. If you haven't been to Italy, you haven't had pizza, but if you have been to Italy and had their pizza you would realize the just because its the original doesn't make it the best (IMO). But that's not to say it not good or edible, its just quite different. Rather crunchy with very modest amounts of toppings. The two main pizza are the Marinara and the Margherita. The Marinara has no cheese and the Margherita has a little mozzarella. I had one called the "quattro stragoni" or 'four seasons' pizza. Basically its a Margherita divided into four quarter. One quarter houses a 1/2 hard boiled egg, one houses one slice of ham, one houses artichoke hearts and the final is olives. Obviously there are variations but that is the main recipe.

Any rate, there is no pizza in the US that is "pizza" as it is in Italy. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Next thing you're going to tell me is that American sushi isn't real sushi and that Japanese people don't actually eat California rolls.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Next thing you're going to tell me is that American sushi isn't real sushi and that Japanese people don't actually eat California rolls.

haha

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

You are quite right about the pizza there being different.  Oddly, to me, is that we found the best pizza to be in Venice.  Probably tried the pizza in 6 different cities.  None were bad but, as you said, they don't load them with toppings.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You are quite right about the pizza there being different.  Oddly, to me, is that we found the best pizza to be in Venice.  Probably tried the pizza in 6 different cities.  None were bad but, as you said, they don't load them with toppings.

I had pizza in San Gimignano (eh) and Greve in Chianti (excellent). Definitely a different type of pizza, though.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Closest pizza I've had that compared to pizza I had in Italy is a Italian place at St Armands Circle in Sarasota

Edited by Bulls On Parade