• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can anyone find 6 wins?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Is this just impossible? Can you find six wins for the 2015 football team and an explanation as to why it is possible? I can't find a win in the second half conference schedule.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Fla A&M - Win

FSU - Butt Whoopin Loss

MaryLamb - Loss

Memphis - Loss

SameExcuse - Win

UCant - Win

SMU - Win

Navy - Loss

ECU - Win

Temple - Loss

Cincy - Loss

UCF - Win

6-6 for the season

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Fla A&M - Win

FSU - Butt Whoopin Loss

MaryLamb - Loss

Memphis - Loss

SameExcuse - Win

UCant - Win

SMU - Win

Navy - Loss

ECU - Win

Temple - Loss

Cincy - Loss

UCF - Win

6-6 for the season

That's only half what he asked for .... Pay attention, man!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Fla A&M - Win

FSU - Butt Whoopin Loss

MaryLamb - Loss

Memphis - Loss

SameExcuse - Win

UCant - Win

SMU - Win

Navy - Loss

ECU - Win

Temple - Loss

Cincy - Loss

UCF - Win

6-6 for the season

Cuse game is huge. If we don't win that one it could be down hill for the rest of the year.

Fla A&M - Win: Becuase if we don't we should kill ourselves

FSU - Butt Whoopin Loss: Because it's the fact

MaryLamb - Loss: Could be a close game but we choke against B10

Memphis - Loss: Because they are a better team

SameExcuse - Win: Because we should win 9 out of 10 times

UCant - Win: Same reason as Cuse

SMU - Win: Becuase we improved slightly more than they did in the offseason

Navy - Loss: Because triple option will totally confuse our defense

ECU - Win: Because ECU rhymes with Ghey

Temple - Loss: Could go either way but they return a very strong team that was peaking 2nd half

Cincy - Loss: Because their offense will put 40 on us.

UCF - Win: Becuase their luck has run out.

6-6 for the season

How's that?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

:thumbsup:

Fla A&M - Win: Becuase if we don't we should kill ourselves

FSU - Butt Whoopin Loss: Because it's the fact

MaryLamb - Loss: Could be a close game but we choke against B10

Memphis - Loss: Because they are a better team

SameExcuse - Win: Because we should win 9 out of 10 times

UCant - Win: Same reason as Cuse

SMU - Win: Becuase we improved slightly more than they did in the offseason

Navy - Loss: Because triple option will totally confuse our defense

ECU - Win: Because ECU rhymes with Ghey

Temple - Loss: Could go either way but they return a very strong team that was peaking 2nd half

Cincy - Loss: Because their offense will put 40 on us.

UCF - Win: Becuase their luck has run out.

6-6 for the season

How's that?

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I think we can beat Maryland. It was a close game last year and they've lost their top two WRs-and they still don't have a QB worth talking about. 

FAMU is beatable. FSU is not unless we unleash a top notch triple option that matches what Georgia Tech did last season and our defense plays like it's 2009 (their defense is young and new, preparing for a triple option is difficult for a young defense to figure out). 

UConn will be tougher than people think-they apparently found a QB with a pulse in the spring and Rentschler Field as windy as Chicago, which will doom Flowers's accuracy.

Syracuse-sure, why not?

UCF-we have to beat them, but the problem is we're getting them at the end of the season after everyone on their squad has figured it out. We will need to have everything figured out too at that point.

Last year we were exactly THREE PLAYS away from 6-6.

Maryland ... In the middle of the 4th quarter, one of our up men on the punt team let himself get pushed back straight... Ciabatti hit him in the back, and Maryland recovered for a TD.  USF held Maryland in check most of the day... no reason to think if that punt is successful that MD would have scored.

East Carolina ... USF was manhandling the best offense (at the time) in the conference.  USF winning in the 3rd quarter, and had driving into ECU territory - one short play away from at least a Kloss FG, if not continuing a great drive.  Then we had two really bad plays in a row: holding, illegal substitution (before the next snap), and holding.  We went from what should have been 2nd and 2 inside the ECU 35 yard line t0 a 3rd and 30 in our own territory.  Mike White threw a "punterception" ... ECU took that ball and drove down to take the lead... That series took the wind out of our sails, and gave ECU the game.

---------------------

So let's look at 2015.  New QB, new offensive scheme, new defensive scheme, with great leaders in the secondary (who allowed the 6th fewest plays of 20+ yards!).

FAMU -- FAMU is the weakest team we have played under Taggart.  This will be an easy win.

FSU -- Florida State lost a lot of talent, and might even have a new QB (Golson) by the time we play, but I still look at this as a loss.

Maryland -- The Terps lost a lot of talent from a team that almost lost to USF last year.  To me, this is a pure toss up game.  Let's call it a loss for this post.

Memphis -- The Tigers return their talented QB... but they lost their star running back who gashed us for some big runs.  This is in Tampa, so I think it's more in play.  A new RB... and they have to replace 8 starters on defense.  This puts their strengths and against ours... (and their weaknesses against ours). I like our chances to win this game.

Syracuse -- The Orange have to replace 12 of 22 starters... from a team that went 3-9 and had to go 2 OTs to beat Villanova.  The Bulls win this one.

U Conn -- The game last year was sloppy; hard to really get a read from that.  I like this is an early fall game - it won't be as cold.  The Huskies went 2-10 last year... and looking at common opponents, USF did better than U Conn against all but UCF.  I still think USF is the better team, so this should be another win.

SMU -- Yes, it took a miracle comeback here... but Quinton Flowers had his first start ever on the road only 2 days after the death of his brother.  We can forgive Flowers for that.  The Mustangs are not rebuilding yet with their new coach... and since this back in Tampa, it's a win.

Navy -- I am having a tough time with this one.  The triple wishbone will be tough, because the 4-2-5 scheme is designed to beat spread offenses - not power running teams.  Let's call this a loss, even though I am not really sure.  It's on the road, so that's as good of a reason as any.

East Carolina -- New QB for the Pirates. New WRs.  New RB.  5 new starters on Defense.  These are not last year's Pirates... and you'll note above close USF was to winning last year.  Yes, it's on the road... but I think this is USF's "upset" where Bulls win one they're not suppsed to.

Temple -- The Owls have a lot coming back to a team that caught more breaks than USF to finish 6-6 and almost go to a bowl game.  I think both teams are rebuildng in the same way at the same time... It's in Tampa, but coming off the big road victory the week before, I will say this is a loss for the Bulls.

Cincinnati -- The Bearcats have Gunner Kiel coming back, and most of their WR corps.  They do replace quite a bit on defense... if this was in Ohio, it would be a loss.  In Tampa, I put it in the toss-up category, but we'll give this to Cincy for now.

UCF -- The Knights have to rebuild their defense... and their skill positions on offense. If this game were early in the season, I would give this to USF hands down.  UCF has the season to get their ship in better order... but this game is always hard fought.  I think USF wins this one.

---------------------

There you have it.  The Bulls finish 7-5 but 5-3 in conference (best conference record ever for USF).

• Upvote 1