• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can anyone find 6 wins?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we will not get 5 conference wins unless our qb play is great

when qb is great anything can happen

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Your first question of can we get to 6 wins.  Well, we can, but I don't really see it happening.  We have more than 6 winnable games on the schedule, but we'd be very lucky to win 6 of them.

Wins (90%):

FAMU

Probable Wins (66%):

Syracuse

@ UConn

SMU

Possible Wins (33%):

@ Maryland

@ ECU
Temple
@ UCF

Probable Losses (20%):
Memphis
@ Navy

Cincinnati

Losses (1%):

@ FSU

There are essentially 5 tiers of games this year.  

Wins: FAMU is an FCS team and traditionally a bad FCS team.  We better **** well win that game.  

Probable Wins:  UConn and SMU are bottom of the barrel.  Syracuse is not far behind them.  USF unfortunately is right there with them.  It's very optimistic to say we win 2 of 3 here, but I'll say 2 of 3.

Possible Wins:  These reams are essentially ranked in the 60's give or take.  They are better than USF, but not so much that a couple turnovers or a flat / bad performance by them or an outstanding performance by USF couldn't change that.  It's possible we could win 2 or 3 if we're really much improved.  However, I'll say we win 1 of 4.

Probable Losses: These teams are ranked in the 40's.  They aren't so good it's impossible to win, but they are a lot better than we are.  I don't see us winning any of these games.

Losses:  It's just not happening.  FSU is a lot better than they were last time we were there and USF is A LOT worse.  It's going to be ugly.

So, I see USF going 4-8 with an outside shot at 5-7.  If the stars align and we can pull off a couple upsets and win all the probable games we could see 6-6 or even 7-5, but we're looking at 4-10 again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

JimUSFSIG you are the man. The antidote to the insanity, the anti-smazza if you will. Thank you. But I'll have to respectfully disagree with you.

What really will happen is:

Taggert and the Bulls will continue the Flowers/Bench/uptempo offense red herring until FSU. At this point the Bulls will unleash the real offense behind Brett Kean, who along with the USF masterminds were secretly working to create an explosive pro-style offense that features a crushing running game supplemented by high efficient, highly accurate down field pass game to receivers that are more contortionist than man and have the capacity to catch anything within a 3 foot vicinity.

USF blows out every opponent by 17 or more to go 12-0, in fact the closest game will be a victory over UCF 31-14 only because Taggert decides to let Flowers actually QB a drive due to his brilliant roleplaying in the above mentioned theatrics and he proceeds to throw pick 6 .

The Bulls will then go on to manhandle two SEC opponents on their way to becoming national champions.

The P5/ESPN cartel will then become so distressed due to a non-p5 national champ that they try to undermine USF football team by hiring away Taggert/Harlen. Unfortunately for them it all unravels when it is discovered the Doug Woolard, who is secretly working for ESPN and in a highly sexual relationship with Judy Genshaft, tries to slip a mickey into her drink and make her sign a document terminating Taggert/Harlen. Fortunately for USF, Judy Genshaft lack of brain mass, keeps the drugs from taking affect and Judy calls in her personal reader to read the document out loud. Once Judy realizes what has happened she calls an emergency meeting with the board of reagents who immediately threaten litigation with ESPN but eventually settle out of court allowing the AAC to become part of a new cartel that will be forever know as the P6.

As the screen fades to black. one more scene appears, this time in a room with two men watching the ESPN announcement of the inclusion of the AAC into the playoff cartel. The camera pans to around and we see the the two men are Louisiana Tech Bulldogs head coach Skp Holtz and his father Lou . Suddenly the door to the office bursts open and several gun toting body guards file into the room followed briskly by an red-faced, bloody nosed, very angry Univ of Colorado defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt. He pauses, breathing heavily, stares into the eye of the men sitting in front of him and exclaims in a low, gruff voice, "You were supposed to keep this from happening". He turns and nods to one of his henchmen and then quickly walks out of the office. As we follow Leavitt, the door closes off an unfolding scene of panic as with weapons drawn Leavitt's henchmen are advancing on the Holtz's

Edited by cophbulls
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

we will not get 5 conference wins unless our qb play is great

when qb is great anything can happen

What? This is the first time you've mentioned this need.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

JimUSFSIG you are the man. The antidote to the insanity, the anti-smazza if you will. Thank you. But I'll have to respectfully disagree with you.

What really will happen is:

Taggert and the Bulls will continue the Flowers/Bench/uptempo offense red herring until FSU. At this point the Bulls will unleash the real offense behind Brett Kean, who along with the USF masterminds were secretly working to create an explosive pro-style offense that features a crushing running game supplemented by high efficient, highly accurate down field pass game to receivers that are more contortionist than man and have the capacity to catch anything within a 3 foot vicinity.

USF blows out every opponent by 17 or more to go 12-0, in fact the closest game will be a victory over UCF 31-14 only because Taggert decides to let Flowers actually QB a drive due to his brilliant roleplaying in the above mentioned theatrics and he proceeds to throw pick 6 .

The Bulls will then go on to manhandle two SEC opponents on their way to becoming national champions.

The P5/ESPN cartel will then become so distressed due to a non-p5 national champ that they try to undermine USF football team by hiring away Taggert/Harlen. Unfortunately for them it all unravels when it is discovered the Doug Woolard, who is secretly working for ESPN and in a highly sexual relationship with Judy Genshaft, tries to slip a mickey into her drink and make her sign a document terminating Taggert/Harlen. Fortunately for USF, Judy Genshaft lack of brain mass, keeps the drugs from taking affect and Judy calls in her personal reader to read the document out loud. Once Judy realizes what has happened she calls an emergency meeting with the board of reagents who immediately threaten litigation with ESPN but eventually settle out of court allowing the AAC to become part of a new cartel that will be forever know as the P6.

As the screen fades to black. one more scene appears, this time in a room with two men watching the ESPN announcement of the inclusion of the AAC into the playoff cartel. The camera pans to around and we see the the two men are Louisiana Tech Bulldogs head coach Skp Holtz and his father Lou . Suddenly the door to the office bursts open and several gun toting body guards file into the room followed briskly by an red-faced, bloody nosed, very angry Univ of Colorado defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt. He pauses, breathing heavily, stares into the eye of the men sitting in front of him and exclaims in a low, gruff voice, "You were supposed to keep this from happening". He turns and nods to one of his henchmen and then quickly walks out of the office. As we follow Leavitt, the door closes off an unfolding scene of panic as with weapons drawn Leavitt's henchmen are advancing on the Holtz's

Awesome!!!! Can I purchase the movie rights to your epic screenplay?

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I think we can beat Maryland. It was a close game last year and they've lost their top two WRs-and they still don't have a QB worth talking about. 

It was close because they turned the ball over six times. We should have one that game. Randy Edsall is good coach, and with the Terps playing at home, I'm thinking this may be a loser for us. With us breaking in a new offense, I'm not too confident against Testudo.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

If our offense and QB play are anything close to the 2015 Spring Game we (and Willy) are in trouble.

But.....I'll be the optimist and hold judgement until after the first game.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

6 wins?

Football or Basketball?

Ty

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know what to expect this season, other than pain.

You lose the best wide receiver USF has ever had in Andre Davis. You lose quite possibly the best offensive lineman USF has ever had in Austin Reiter. You also lose the best quarterback USF had, albeit on a roster full of sh-tty quarterbacks. You lose a legitimate NFL draft pick in Reshard Cliett. You lose the best corner on the team in Chris Dunkley.

On the other side, Willie Taggart has done a good job recruiting non-QB positions for two years and some of those players were already starting to flower in 2014, guys like Devin Abraham, Marlon Mack, Dee Johnson, Nigel Harris, some transfers like Jamie Byrd and Rodney Adams.

You've got some holdover assets that you can feel good about. Guys like  Brynjar Gudmundsson, Thor Jozwiack, Nigel Harris and Sean Price.

But it's difficult to get over the QB situation. And I'd like to know what their plans are for run/pass ratio with this new supposed Air Raid offense, because their best assets are their running backs...so it's entirely possible they're shooting themselves in the foot just because.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

I predict we can win 6 games over the next two year.s