• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official WBB vs #1 UCONN Game Thread - 3/2/15 on ESPN2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

For those looking ahead, here is what I have for the AAC tournament seedings. After the three 7:00 games, locked into their spots are:

1-UConn

2-USF

3-Tulsa

4-Temple

5-

6-

7-Memphis

8-UCF

9-Cincy

10-

11-

Houston will be #11 and SMU #10 unless UH wins and SMU loses in the remaining games tonight. Right now ECU is ahead of Tulane for the 5-seed, and this will hold if Temple beats lowly Houston. If Temple loses, the three-way tie would drop ECU to the 6-seed, and give Tulane the #5.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

AT LEAST WE WON THE SECONG HALF. 35 TO 34. GREAT JOB IF YOU ARE DOWN BY 24 AT THE HALF. VERY PROUD THE WAY THEY PLAYED OUT THE GAME.

Edited by BAMABULL

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,256
  • Days Won:  1

The AAC tourney is set. We will not have to face ECU again but they will have to face UCONN in the quarters if they make it that far. It looks like we will play Memphis first then Tulsa before a finals rematch with uconn

http://theamerican.org/sports/2014/10/9/WBB_1009140842.aspx

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

The AAC tourney is set. We will not have to face ECU again but they will have to face UCONN in the quarters if they make it that far. It looks like we will play Memphis first then Tulsa before a finals rematch with uconn

Or maybe we'll get lucky, Memphis and Tulsa screw it up, and we get to pound the Texas schools on the way to our rematch.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,592
  • Days Won:  424

"UConn was not even in the bonus! As physical as USF played, the refs struggled to give them fewer than 7 fouls.

I'm not sure how to read that but if that was a veiled whining about the refs, you've got to be kidding me .... In the 2nd half #30 (I think that was her) got away with at least one off hand push off going in for a basket and a Lambeer type swinging high elbows exhibition. The reffing wasn't particularly that one sided but if it leaned one way, it was sure as hell towards UConn.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698

Here is a direct link to the bracket: http://theamerican.org/documents/2014/10/9/2015_Bracket.pdf...Looks like we got the best we could get out of the bracket being that ECU will lose to UCONN or even to Temple first and we won't need to face up with them again. It SHOULD play out according to seeding, I really don't see any upsets except maybe ECU/ Temple game and Tulane over Tulsa in the 2nd round. #7 Memphis should beat #10 SMU to face USF and we will beat them. We then play #6 Tulane after they beat Tulsa. We continue the sweep of Tulane this season as we beat them to play UCONN in the finale. UCONN beats us by 35 or more in the championship as it is a home game for them in Connecticut and they will be seeking revenge for keeping it so "close" in tonight's game.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698

Playing this tournament is a bit of a formality and simply extends conference play a few extra games. In a conference where the tournament champion is known from day 1, this is basically a time for the other teams in the conference to play an extra game or two before calling it an end to their season (with the exception of USF who is playing for NCAA tournament seeding.)

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Hoping not to havta play ECU in the American tourney. Its a good yr to make the NCAAs Final Four...its in Tampa. Gonna be tough getting past FSU bc I believe the 'Noles are a prelim host.

On a diff note, I was at Georgetown TX Golds Express rockin my USF shorts and look up and there's the Lady Bulls on ESPN. That was kinda cool just wish it hadn't been vs the Huskies.

Edited by BullDoug

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Ladies played their hearts out, and as someone already noted, we beat the Huskies in the second half. The only other team to do that was Stanford. Had we hit a few of our threes in the first half and played Mosqueda a little tighter, it might have gone the other way. Other than stanford, ONLY St. John's and ND played UConn closer than we did last night. No shame in this game.

Had an interesting thought after the game, though.

We will most likely get another shot at them in their home territory in the AAC tourney finals. Wouldn't it be sweet to get a 4th shot at them in the NCAA finals in OUR home territory!!!

So my question is: Have you ever heard of two teams playing TWO home-n-homes in the same year?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If we play them 4 times, I would like our victory to come in the Final meeting of the year.