• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official WBB vs #1 UCONN Game Thread - 3/2/15 on ESPN2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Proud of the WBB team. Good luck in the next two tournaments.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If we play them 4 times, I would like our victory to come in the Final meeting of the year.

I'm still hoping to take both of the next two!!

I don't want to be seen as greedy

Be a-greedy.

Be VERY a-greedy!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

At this point, does running through the conference tournament and having another [edit - quality] loss to highly seeded UCONN (perhaps by an even smaller margin this time [wishful thinking]) help the team's cause to get a better seed in the dance, or would only beating UCONN (or whomever if somehow UCONN was upset [not happening]) and winning the AAC help?

Personally the only thing that I think truly helps our seeding is beating UCONN

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Great energy at the dome last night... Uconn is unbelievable but we have a solid team, hopefully we can make a deep run in the tourney.

All depends on seeding for us. We can hang with most anybody but the 1 seeds. And I like our chances with virtually any of the 64.

So where do you see us getting seeded?  Do we have any chance at getting seeded 4th in our region?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

Great energy at the dome last night... Uconn is unbelievable but we have a solid team, hopefully we can make a deep run in the tourney.

All depends on seeding for us. We can hang with most anybody but the 1 seeds. And I like our chances with virtually any of the 64.

So where do you see us getting seeded? Do we have any chance at getting seeded 4th in our region?

No. 6 or higher is where you'll find us seeded. But there's a big difference between the seedings of 6 and over in who they match up against.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

So where do you see us getting seeded? Do we have any chance at getting seeded 4th in our region?
No. 6 or higher is where you'll find us seeded. But there's a big difference between the seedings of 6 and over in who they match up against.

A 6 seed is the seed we can do the most damage with. Imho

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

When I say 6 or higher, I mean lower? Lol 6, 7, 8...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

There were some additional posts about USF on the UConn board. Here are some of them:

housekeys said: ↑

USF is playing as well as any team we have seen against UConn, so far. This includes SC, Stanford and ND. They look good, so far.
U R 100% correct! And no one this season played any harder in the 2nd half- right till the end. I'll bet Jose F could coach with just about anyone. If he was able to land that one more person on many of his team's, he'd make a lot of noise.

Geno-ista, Yesterday at 10:15 PM #93

USF played like a number 2 seed IMO.

Hongster, Yesterday at 10:21 PM #94

housekeys said: ↑

USF is playing as well as any team we have seen against UConn, so far. This includes SC, Stanford and ND. They look good, so far.
And Courtney Williams is as good as anyone I've seen against us this year.

uconnfan68, Yesterday at 10:42 PM #95

PS We stayed at #27 in Coaches Poll, that was after they saw us lose to UConn last night. At least we didn't lose ground as a result, probably because it was a "respectable" showing against them.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Name another time in USF history where you walked out of the game and felt that we played a really good game, and still got blown out?

It was a strange feeling, but I talked to several fans after the game and all of them said the same thing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

Name another time in USF history where you walked out of the game and felt that we played a really good game, and still lost by 23?

It was a strange feeling, but I talked to several fans after the game and all of them said the same thing.

Agree, with my slight edit. UConn is blowing out conference mates by 50 so I really can't call that loss a blow out.