• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official WBB vs #1 UCONN Game Thread - 3/2/15 on ESPN2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Why are there only a handful of elite women's teams? Seems like coaching UCONN would be an easy job

Only a handful of elite women players.  UCONN has 8 of the top 50 (?) best college players.  USF has 1 Williams and a half (Jenkins).

Williams is pretty amazing.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Now that we've dropped 99 points on UCF, I think it's a good time to start the official game thread for the USF Women's basketball game vs #1 UCONN.

When: Monday, March 2, 2015 at 7:00pm ET

Where: USF Sundome - Tampa, FL

Television: Nationally on ESPN2

Make your predictions.

My Prediction:

UCONN 88, USF 52

88-65 final..I love being pleasantly surprised. I shorted us 13 points but nailed UCONN's final. Edited by USFBulls12

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

@USFCollin: 65 points for USF: the most the Huskies have given up since their opening loss to Stanford.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Very respectable showing.b y USF.

Playing UConn so many times in a season is great preparation for any other team, and will pay great dividends down the road.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Proud of that team! It would have been easy to get down after the Huskies started pulling away but they had some great D that led to points. Hard to say it was a good game when you lose by 23, but the Bulls probably hung better than 90% of the teams out there would have.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Very respectable showing.b y USF.

Playing UConn so many times in a season is great preparation for any other team, and will pay great dividends down the road.

Here's hoping we get to play them at least one more time in the conf championship!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

The played well and never quit...that's something to be proud of. UCONN would beat some of the men's teams out there. They can flat out shoot

Edited by Nuke2212

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Proud of that team! It would have been easy to get down after the Huskies started pulling away but they had some great D that led to points. Hard to say it was a good game when you lose by 23, but the Bulls probably hung better than 90% of the teams out there would have.

I look forward to tournament play. Wish the AAC tournament games weren't in Connecticut. That game will likely be a larger margin of victory. But we have something special here and I think with exception of a small few number of teams, we can take down any team in the country.

Edited by USFBulls12

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Of course, UConn WBB fans are understandingly spoiled and will find excuses for not doing as well as expected against any opponent, but some of them had afew nice things to say (to an extent) about the performance by USF tonight.

Some message board quotes from The Boneyard:

"ericsandiego said: ↑
Interesting. I wonder what Geno will make of the 2nd half - USF basically played UCONN even for the full 20 minutes. Not sure how much he went to the bench, but aside from Stanford, who else played UCONN that close for 20 minutes?"

"He can't be happy with the second half, but... UConn needed this type of game. Too many easy wins in the AAC. They will not get a better game from an opponent, IMHO. UConn is very good and I am not sure USF can repeat the performance away from home. All in all, give the team things to work on and keeps them more focused."

"UConn was not even in the bonus! As physical as USF played, the refs struggled to give them fewer than 7 fouls. Still USF made shots. They would beat ANY team not named UConn, on this night."

"Not a great 2nd half for the team. They lost focus on both ends of the court. Definitely gives USF added confidence entering the AAC Post Season tournament. Won't beat UConn, but good preparation for the NCAA tournament."

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/uconn-huskies-vs-usf-game-thread.73403/page-3

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Played some great basketball in spurts.  To beat a team like UCONN you need to play like that for 40 minutes.