• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015 Football prediction thread... yeah...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

In 2013 we let up 343 points and scored 165. Which puts the average game as a 29 - 14 point loss, including 4 losses by 20+ points. (AKA losing by 15 PPG)

In 2014 we let up 313 points and scored 206. Which puts the average game as a 26 - 17 point loss, including 2 losses by 20+ points. (AKA losing by 9 PPG)

We still sucked but its silly to say we didn't improve. The average game was a lot closer. Hopefully with a lot more of Taggart's guys seeing the field and switching to the spread we can see a huge improvement this year.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

I watched our offense. Giving up 18 more points was a hell of a lot more likely than scoring 18.

Can't argue that

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

We lost to McNeese State...

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

In 2013 we let up 343 points and scored 165. Which puts the average game as a 29 - 14 point loss, including 4 losses by 20+ points. (AKA losing by 15 PPG)

In 2014 we let up 313 points and scored 206. Which puts the average game as a 26 - 17 point loss, including 2 losses by 20+ points. (AKA losing by 9 PPG)

We still sucked but its silly to say we didn't improve. The average game was a lot closer. Hopefully with a lot more of Taggart's guys seeing the field and switching to the spread we can see a huge improvement this year.

Sucking still sucks...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

We also played lesser competition.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I love the argument of 2 more wins and/or we scored more points so we improved. Bologna!

Look at the entire picture. We essentially played the same schedule in 2014 as we did in 2013 except in 2013 we played Lousville and Rutgers. In 2014 we replaced Louisville and Rutgers with Tulsa and SMU (Arguably the 2 worst teams in all of college football last year).

Had we played Louisville and Rutgers again instead of Tulsa and SMU, we go 2-10 again! Plus our points for and against would have been eerily close to 2013. 

I think this team improved from 2013-2014, but so minimally that it's really unacceptable. There should be a massive leap this season in improvement playing in the AAC. I'm not banking on it after what Taggart has shown me through 2 seasons though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

We saw zero improvement in 2014. We got worse by some measures. Taggart is going to actually have to do his job in 2015 and improve the football team.

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Our last 7 losses were by double digits and we ended by getting shutout at home. Our wins were all close 1 possession games against abysmal teams or FCS and in 3 of the 4 we needed second half comebacks to eek them out. Taggart hasn't won a game by 2 scores in his last 33 games coached.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We saw zero improvement in 2014. We got worse by some measures. Taggart is going to actually have to do his job in 2015 and improve the football team.

I'm not too confident in his ability to do this, in light of the new offensive scheme he's having to install. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we're in for another rough season of offensive football.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

No doubt in my mind, fans will be microscoping the O much more than the D.