• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2015 Football prediction thread... yeah...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Charlie Strong did it in 3 years at UL. *drops mic*

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Charlie Strong did it in 3 years at UL. *drops mic*

He actually did it his first year going 7-6; UL went 4-8 the previous season. Kragthorpe was a bad coach, but he wasn't a bad recruiter having the #41 class in 07, #55 class in 08, and #77 class in 09 (after their 3rd year of bad football). To compare, USF was (58, 54, 29 and those were our glory years)

This was also when UL was in the BE with us and they could get a great coach to come, we no longer have that luxury here. 

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Fixed it!!

Man this is an too EARLY one...

Predicted Wins: FAMU, SMU, UCONN, Syracuse, Temple & Navy

Predicted Losses: Maryland, Cincy, Memphis, FSU, ECU, UCF, Syracuse, Temple & Navy

7-6 3-9 winning a lower tier bowl game against CUSA or MAC team...

Would be a big improvement over what we've seen, and it's what we need to go forward. Anything less than a 6 win season, and I fear we will be "rebuilding" again under another coach..something we cannot afford to do right now as a program...we need to win. 

That's not fixing it, since it's his opinion.  Your opinion is obviously quite different.

DId I post FIFY?  No I did not therefore, common sense would tell you that the post would be FIFM.........i.e. "fixed it for myself".  

• Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Do you guys think coach Tomey will be "mentoring" Taggart, and if so will any of that knowledge penetrate his stubborn skull?

I think if our receivers can catch we may win 7 games, but if we are still catching with our bodies like pewee players we max out at 4.

Wins: FAMU, UCON, SMU

Losses: FSU, Cincy, Memphis, Temple

Toss up: Maryland, ECU, UCF, Navy, Syracuse

ECU: Lost valuable players, hopefully that puts them on our level

Maryland: We could have beat them, let that slip away. Hopefully we thrash them

UCF: you if are a Bulls fan and don't want to destroy them in every facet of life, stop breathing and get out.

Navy: the YMCA charter should be there mascot, need I say more?

Cuse: new conference, same old foe

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/spring-football-which-bulls-will-break-through/2218491

Bulls to watch during spring, last one could be interesting. A freshman walk on wide receiver.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Do you guys think coach Tomey will be "mentoring" Taggart, and if so will any of that knowledge penetrate his stubborn skull?

I think if our receivers can catch we may win 7 games, but if we are still catching with our bodies like pewee players we max out at 4.

UCF: you if are a Bulls fan and don't want to destroy them in every facet of life, stop breathing and get out.

Navy comment: don't poke the bear man... Call the Devils name and he will show...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Navy comment: don't poke the bear man... Call the Devils name and he will show...

(in a ghostly whisper...)  aaaarrrrmmmmmeeeeeee......   aaarrrrmmmmmeeeeeee.....   aaaaaaarrrrmmmmeeeeee.....

LOL

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Far too early to tell.  Unless we get much better play at QB, I see Mack getting 250 yards v FAMU, then barely breaking 1000, as teams lock in on him.  Hopefully WR play gets better, and the new OL improves (losing Reiter hurts. The others, not so much).  D better improve, too...cautiously optimistic.

I'll predict we finish 6-6 this coming football season.

Predicted Wins: FAMU, SMU, UCONN, UCF, ECU & Syracuse.

Predicted Losses: FSU, Maryland, Cincy, Temple, Memphis, & Navy.

UCF will drop off, but it'll be in their house, and those students will make it a nasty venue.  Our boys will either be sick of losing to these deeks, or they will lose, getting one more step toward 4-4 (unacceptable!).  ECU should be worse, with Carden & Hardy gone, and frankly, we should have won last season.  But a road game will be hard, as their fans are nuts. 

I think we have a shot at Cincy, since we've played them well at home.  Likely we lose 1-2 on my win list, and steal 1-2 on the loss list.  I think anything less than a bowl season means Taggart is no mas (yes, I realize this view is not unique to me).

Really tired of losing, so hoping new infusion of coaching gives us better schemes and takes advantage of what I think is a fairly talented team.  And...they MUST hit the S&C hard this season...we look small next to even other AAC teams.

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I noticed last spring at practice the new guys are much larger than what we previously rrcruited. So I think we're bigger already at every position.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

I predict our uniforms will be on point!