• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doubts about Antigua!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

I was not enthusiastic about the hiring of Orlando Antigua. As we are headed to another loss (now 7-17), my doubts are growing.

His recruiting is not all that impressive so far either.

Disappointed in the results so far to say the least!

The stupid! It burns!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I thought COA coached a good game. He almost beat Cincy on the road which has not happened since 1988 for USF. Give him a few more players and I think we will be alright.

No team has been able to beat Cincy at home this season. We played a great 2nd half and overcame a 16 point deficit. I have faith in the team and COA. It's funny that the OP has such concerns about the hoops. He should be going bat **** crazy over football.

Well, vcu did. But that's vcu.

I'm seeing what I want to see. Beat ucf and get to 12-13 wins and I'll be optimistic till next year.

It seems you are correct about VCU. The sideline reporter interviewing the Cincy coach after the game today said they were still undefeated at home this season. I should have known she didn't know jack about hoops and just got the job because of her cans.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

I was not enthusiastic about the hiring of Orlando Antigua. As we are headed to another loss (now 7-17), my doubts are growing.

His recruiting has not been impressive? Have you looked at who he's signed/ committed to us? Bcuz its pretty good given his time here

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Further, out of our last 7 consecutive losses, 5 are by more than 10 points. That is NOT COMPETITIVE at all!

I don't see any positives from Antigua so far.

If all you're looking at is the final score/box score, then you're not seeing the whole picture. The team has clearly been more competitive over the last handful of games, but have just lacked that extra boost to close out a win. A month ago, the games were over at halftime. The team is improving (at least IMO) even if it's not showing up in the wins column

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

Further, out of our last 7 consecutive losses, 5 are by more than 10 points. That is NOT COMPETITIVE at all!

I don't see any positives from Antigua so far.

If all you're looking at is the final score/box score, then you're not seeing the whole picture. The team has clearly been more competitive over the last handful of games, but have just lacked that extra boost to close out a win. A month ago, the games were over at halftime. The team is improving (at least IMO) even if it's not showing up in the wins column

+1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Watch this team coming out of time outs; they're actually coached! He's got a good staff working under him. USF simply doesn't have the depth or the talent right now to run what COA wants to install. Assuming all his players qualify, I'd consider COA's 2015 recruiting class (Montero, da Silva, Santos, and McMurray) a nice coup. It's still too early to consider Antigua a failure.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The stupid! It burns!

I'm hoping 1990 is his birth year and he's 25 or so. Then I can chalk this up to youth. If 1990 is his grad year from USF, that means he's in his late 40s and there's no coming back from being that stupid that late in the game.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

You are all nuts... here is a real list of doubts....

zxcJY.gif

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Not worried at all. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Watch this team coming out of time outs; they're actually coached! He's got a good staff working under him. USF simply doesn't have the depth or the talent right now to run what COA wants to install. Assuming all his players qualify, I'd consider COA's 2015 recruiting class (Montero, da Silva, Santos, and McMurray) a nice coup. It's still too early to consider Antigua a failure.

In this camp. Depth is my biggest concern going forward, but that takes more time.