• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doubts about Antigua!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

CPA, yep I do have a lot of time.  Happens when you retire at 49. I've earned my time to piss away as I see fit including questioning posts that make no sense.  That also includes going to most MBB and WBB games and many baseball and some softball games at USF.  My life, my time, my choices. 

Serious question, do you watch the games or just look at the scores? 

There are 10 point losses and then there are 10 point losses.  You can be down by 25 and out of a game, the other coach puts in his scrubs and you close the gap in garbage time and lose by 10.  You can be within one or two scores and have to start fouling, throwing up 3 pointers in a hurry, foul again and you lose by 10.  Way, way different scenarios.  We have been in the last 5, and 6 of the last 7, games.

First game vs SMU, 34 point blowout. Second game, 11 point loss and kept it close throughout. 

First game vs Temple, 25 point blowout.  Second game, 13 point loss and in it most of the way.

First game vs Tulsa, 17 point loss. Second game, loss in OT.

Jaleel and Holtson have made their first contributions.  I don't expect them to play like that the rest of the way but would hope to see some more of what we saw last night.

I see progress.  As others have pointed out we have the 3rd youngest team in D 1 basketball.  That's like 300+ teams. One of the 3 players with experience is now out.  If you expected anything more than what we are getting that is on you.  With the situation COA is dealing with the improvement in the way they are losing is fine with me.  AC and Corey are playing darn near 40 minutes a game. When you get to the end of games they are on fumes.  No depth yet. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

CPA, yep I do have a lot of time. Happens when you retire at 49. I've earned my time to piss away as I see fit including questioning posts that make no sense. That also includes going to most MBB and WBB games and many baseball and some softball games at USF. My life, my time, my choices.

Serious question, do you watch the games or just look at the scores?

There are 10 point losses and then there are 10 point losses. You can be down by 25 and out of a game, the other coach puts in his scrubs and you close the gap in garbage time and lose by 10. You can be within one or two scores and have to start fouling, throwing up 3 pointers in a hurry, foul again and you lose by 10. Way, way different scenarios. We have been in the last 5, and 6 of the last 7, games.

First game vs SMU, 34 point blowout. Second game, 11 point loss and kept it close throughout.

First game vs Temple, 25 point blowout. Second game, 13 point loss and in it most of the way.

First game vs Tulsa, 17 point loss. Second game, loss in OT.

Jaleel and Holtson have made their first contributions. I don't expect them to play like that the rest of the way but would hope to see some more of what we saw last night.

I see progress. As others have pointed out we have the 3rd youngest team in D 1 basketball. That's like 300+ teams. One of the 3 players with experience is now out. If you expected anything more than what we are getting that is on you. With the situation COA is dealing with the improvement in the way they are losing is fine with me. AC and Corey are playing darn near 40 minutes a game. When you get to the end of games they are on fumes. No depth yet.

Well said!!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I thought COA coached a good game. He almost beat Cincy on the road which has not happened since 1988 for USF. Give him a few  more players and I think we will be alright. 

I was not enthusiastic about the hiring of Orlando Antigua. As we are headed to another loss (now 7-17), my doubts are growing.

His recruiting is not all that impressive so far either.

Disappointed in the results so far to say the least!

CSH? Is that you???

Actually, I think it's Josh. Would explain so much

Say my name say my name?

That was back then when Beyonce was hot! Then she ruined it by settling down with Jay-Z. What a waste! 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I thought COA coached a good game. He almost beat Cincy on the road which has not happened since 1988 for USF. Give him a few  more players and I think we will be alright.

No team has been able to beat Cincy at home this season. We played a great 2nd half and overcame a 16 point deficit. I have faith in the team and COA. It's funny that the OP has such concerns about the hoops. He should be going bat **** crazy over football.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

I was not enthusiastic about the hiring of Orlando Antigua. As we are headed to another loss (now 7-17), my doubts are growing.

CSH? Is that you???
Say my name say my name?

That was back then when Beyonce was hot! Then she ruined it by settling down with Jay-Z. What a waste!

Men everywhere shed a tear for this travesty

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I thought COA coached a good game. He almost beat Cincy on the road which has not happened since 1988 for USF. Give him a few more players and I think we will be alright.

No team has been able to beat Cincy at home this season. We played a great 2nd half and overcame a 16 point deficit. I have faith in the team and COA. It's funny that the OP has such concerns about the hoops. He should be going bat **** crazy over football.

Well, vcu did. But that's vcu.

I'm seeing what I want to see. Beat ucf and get to 12-13 wins and I'll be optimistic till next year.

CSH? Is that you???
Say my name say my name?

Men everywhere shed a tear for this travesty

Agreed! She is still pretty but I just cant mess with a woman that is already taken. Not my style. She made her choice. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I think coach Antigua was a fantastic hire and will have us strong in basketball for years to come.   

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I'm not sold on COA yet but I don't have any expectations for a 1st year coach in a situation that is pretty close to a dumpster fire. He'd have to be making egregiously bad coaching decisions showing he lacked a fundamental understanding of the game to be thinking he was a poor hire at this point.