• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Doubts about Antigua!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

CousinRicky, the number of posts I have is irrelevant. You must spend a lot of time on your computer with your 6,744 posts.

We are 7-17 now, and I am extremely disappointed in the Men's Basketball Program. I expected better!

I had my doubts about Antigua when hired and the results so far have not changed my views. The play he drew up at end of regulation vs. Tulsa was brutal!

Competitive doesn't really matter to me, as we get close but can't finish strong. Win a few games and my view will change.

Antigua is striking out on a lot of recruits also. Very disappointed.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

CousinRicky, the number of posts I have is irrelevant. You must spend a lot of time on your computer with your 6,744 posts.

We are 7-17 now, and I am extremely disappointed in the Men's Basketball Program. I expected better!

I had my doubts about Antigua when hired and the results so far have not changed my views. The play he drew up at end of regulation vs. Tulsa was brutal!

Competitive doesn't really matter to me, as we get close but can't finish strong. Win a few games and my view will change.

Respectfully disagree with your assessment.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336

Further, out of our last 7 consecutive losses, 5 are by more than 10 points. That is NOT COMPETITIVE at all!

I don't see any positives from Antigua so far.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822

If you expected any other scenario from the first season after the mass exodus from last year (not too mention we haven't been good since our NCAA run), then it sounds like you had unrealistic expectations.

You don't see any positives from Antigua so far? I have seen a lot that I like about Antigua. We shall see, it's still early in his career. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Further, out of our last 7 consecutive losses, 5 are by more than 10 points. That is NOT COMPETITIVE at all!

I don't see any positives from Antigua so far.

You sound like half this board does about our football program (myself included). Calm down. Coach Antigua will be fine. Do you really expect him to land every prospect he talks to? Hiring a coach is a game of Russian roulett, sometimes you get lucky.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

We are in good hands with COA.  Given the lack of returning talent and now Perry being out for the season, we seem to play tough.  It may not show up on the scoreboard right now, but the ethic he seems to be instilling is encouraging.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I was not enthusiastic about the hiring of Orlando Antigua. As we are headed to another loss (now 7-17), my doubts are growing.

His recruiting is not all that impressive so far either.

Disappointed in the results so far to say the least!

What did you expect this year and why?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

With only 3 experienced players returning and one of those being a guy that was coming off a season ending injury last year, then throw in a new coach, new system, new philosophy, how could anyone actually know enough about the team and players' abilities at this level to even form enough of an opinion to have expectations?

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

Antigua is the right guy. We can't look at that results this year since we barely had anyone with experience on the roster. Year 2 should see mass improvement competitiveness and by year 3 if we haven't shown better results on the scoreboard then Antigua will be on the hot seat but I suspect by year 3 we will be in a tourney 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

With only 3 experienced players returning and one of those being a guy that was coming off a season ending injury last year, then throw in a new coach, new system, new philosophy, how could anyone actually know enough about the team and players' abilities at this level to even form enough of an opinion to have expectations?

Answer is simple ..... they couldn't .... at least not an informed opinion, anyway.