• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Beasley Broadcasting is the worst company ever

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

How is radio still relevant in today's world?????

You obviously have no clue what BIG BUSINESS radio is these days.

It's huge. (Twss)

As a professor of business, I certainly do know they make money. My comment was directed at the younger listener. However, at the same time, the future of "traditional" radio is in question by many (you can find a plethora of articles and research on this topic). As for myself I rarely listen to radio since all my songs are now on my iPhone. Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,645
  • Days Won:  6

So. They have decided to let the people choose what new format 98.7 will get now over at http://thenew987.com and here are the choices as follows...

• 98.7 The Wave - Pop Hits
  • 98.7 The Buzz - Alternative?
  • Power 98.7 - Hip Hop Hits
  • 98.7 The Cow - Classic Country
  • 98.7 The Arrow - Classic Rock (similar to The Eagle)
  • V98.7 - Hip-Hop and R&B
  • Now 98.7 - Top 40
  • 98.7 Jamz - Rhytmic
  • 98.7 The Point - Indie
  • Hallelujah 98.7 - Gospel
  • 98.7 The Skool - Classic Hip-Hop
  • Solid Gold 98.7 - Oldies
  • 98.7 The Hog - Active Rock (most likely format for a Bubba The Love Sponge return)
  • Easy 98.7 - Adult Contemporary/Soft Rock/Easy Listening (Similar to the Dove)

All the "Samples" they have for each format are so poorly put together that it's just laughable and this company should be punished for refusing to continue to carry our athletic programming on their frequencies it's just pathetic and I hope Beasley broadcasting goes bankrupt for what they did to the University (screwing them over)

What would be REALLY cool would be to alternate among each of those (+blues!) every 5 hours (smallest number not divisible into 24 - closest thing to random)

That would be WMNF - they deserve more support.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Does anyone really know if they are going to stop broadcasting USF sports?  Wouldn't be the first time a music station has broadcast university sports.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

Does anyone really know if they are going to stop broadcasting USF sports?  Wouldn't be the first time a music station has broadcast university sports.

They already have stopped broadcasting USF sports. Games are only on 1010AM at the present.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

They already have stopped broadcasting USF sports. Games are only on 1010AM at the present.

Oh, didn't realize that since I'm no longer in Tampa.  Only thing I had ever read was that they weren't sure whether they were going to keep broadcasting them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

Oh, didn't realize that since I'm no longer in Tampa.  Only thing I had ever read was that they weren't sure whether they were going to keep broadcasting them.

They've got, I think, 3 more years on the contract that would keep them on 1010AM ... if they honor it.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Eventually we will all need cans and string to hear USF sports.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

So. They have decided to let the people choose what new format 98.7 will get now over at http://thenew987.com and here are the choices as follows...

• Now 98.7 - Top 40
  • 98.7 Jamz - Rhytmic
  • 98.7 The Point - Indie
  • 98.7 The Hog - Active Rock (most likely format for a Bubba The Love Sponge return)

All the "Samples" they have for each format are so poorly put together that it's just laughable and this company should be punished for refusing to continue to carry our athletic programming on their frequencies it's just pathetic and I hope Beasley broadcasting goes bankrupt for what they did to the University (screwing them over)

What would be REALLY cool would be to alternate among each of those (+blues!) every 5 hours (smallest number not divisible into 24 - closest thing to random)

Can't believe they're still on the air. I LOVED that station

AND it's on the wb with 4 different channels. Wow

http://www.wmnf.org/home/audio_player

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

• Now 98.7 - Top 40
  • 98.7 Jamz - Rhytmic
  • 98.7 The Point - Indie

THIS +100!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,762
  • Days Won:  3

Does anyone think that they are really going to let the public decide what they are going to play?  its already been set and talent hired.  They go live in 5 days. This is just a way to stunt and get more publicity.

Very good! 

The idea of letting the public decide, very much in the vote-for-[x] eventizing television shows runs the risk of an exceptionally small number of people actually voting. Do you think a multi-million dollar bidness is going to hinge it's success - or failure - on a handful of people who give a crap enough to vote? You gotta make everything an event...get that social media buy in...be one of the cool kids who decides that Tampa, haven to some of the best strip clubs in the US of A, is in dire need of a gospel radio station or another handful of years touting the local celeb, Bubba.   :FIREdevil:

The fun part would be publishing the after-the-fact "voting" results....no fudging now! Don't be adding additional digits to the vote count! We only do that in real elections... 

• Upvote 3