• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Leavitt be the d-coordinator at Michigan?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Leavitt is the GodFather of USF Football.

in the gangster sense you may be right as his tenure ended with him striking a student athlete

in the  accomplishment sense he was a failure 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

He could get a DC job in the nfl. His linebacking unit overachieved.

Overachieved? I like Jim Leavitt just as much as the next guy, but Bowman, Willis, Smith and company are arguably the best LB corps in the NFL...

For what it is worth, Bowman was out the entire year from the injury he sustained in the NFC Championship game last year.  Patrick Willis missed 10 games and Aldon Smith was suspended for 9 games.  Rookies Chris Borland and Aaron Lynch played well this season.

So well they aren't in the playoffs and their HC lost his job at the end of the season.

Their defense was decimated by injuries and Kaepernick had not thrown a TD in the 4th quarter all year... 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Florida's defensive coordinator DJ Durkin is the main name out there being mentioned for the Michigan DC job.  It would make sense seeing as Durkin coached at Stanford with Harbaugh....

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

DJ is good!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

He could get a DC job in the nfl. His linebacking unit overachieved.

Overachieved? I like Jim Leavitt just as much as the next guy, but Bowman, Willis, Smith and company are arguably the best LB corps in the NFL...

For what it is worth, Bowman was out the entire year from the injury he sustained in the NFC Championship game last year.  Patrick Willis missed 10 games and Aldon Smith was suspended for 9 games.  Rookies Chris Borland and Aaron Lynch played well this season.

So well they aren't in the playoffs and their HC lost his job at the end of the season.

Missed the playoffs once in his tenure there, made it to the NFC championship game twice and the super bowl once in 4 seasons with a career record of 44-19-1. Give me a break.

he 

made it to the NFC championship game three times

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403

I would be very interested to know if Leavitt were back in the college game.  Sure we don't need to follow the nit-picky details of what he's doing there day today, but I think something like this would warrant discussion here.

I think Leavitt would be an outstanding DC choice for Harbaugh.  Though with a very large assistant salary pool, Harbaugh has a lot of good options.

Thank you!  Of all of the topics that get brought up on this board, there is nothing wrong with discussing the whereabouts of a former coach or player.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

This belongs in general sports forum... leavitt is no longer with USF... 5 years now... move on people.

Amen ... 

Totally agree. Can we just forget what he did for our program and never mention his name again? 

amen

the guy failed to win here at any level

Except, you know, taking us to bowl games, beating BCS opponents OOC, 4-0 against UCF, and national recognition as an up and coming program...Which we pissed all away just a few years after his firing.

Although I know you are doing your usual schtick.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

Leavitt needs to become the new Bucs DC next season. Walt Frazier just didnt do it. Would love to see Bucs bring Leavitt back home! Also, would l love to see Bucs make a run at JPP.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Leavitt needs to become the new Bucs DC next season. Walt Frazier just didnt do it. Would love to see Bucs bring Leavitt back home! Also, would l love to see Bucs make a run at JPP.

Walt frazier being the dc for the bucs would explain a lot. maybe he gameplanned to face only five players on the field

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Walt frazier being the dc for the bucs would explain a lot. maybe he gameplanned to face only five players on the field

They couldn't stop the pick and roll